The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Truth Behind The Frames.

darkone96

Eh... Ash, Banshee, Ember, Hydroid, Valkyr, and Zephyr should all be accepted.  They're all equal to the likes of Rhino.  Hell some are better.  They're underused by comparison, but it's not because they're not effective.

Best-sellers are pretty spot-on, though.

Ember?!

Ash?

Lol?

Both of them have no CC (accelerant doesn't count, it's bad) and a S#&$ty scaling into the lategame.

Loki>>>Ash any day, by the way.

*cough*

And no person is complaining about Excalibur not being included in the list.

Top CC *cough*

Endgame viability *cough* *cough* *cough*

Ember?!

Ash?

Lol?

Both of them have no CC (accelerant doesn't count, it's bad) and a S#&$ty scaling into the lategame.

*cough*

Top CC *cough*

"Endgame viability"...

Ohh, you mean abusing broken game mechanics to play over an hour in 1 or 2 specific game modes? Not sure about other people, but I don't really consider that endgame. If it is, this game is in much bigger trouble than people think.

Edited by RancidTurnip1603

Ember?!

Ash?

Lol?

*cough*

Top CC *cough*

I didn't say anything about Loki.  I said they were equal to the likes of Rhino.  Loki is pretty much better than every frame in general so simply saying "Loki is better than Ash" doesn't mean that Ash is bad.  Ash is a solid frame and smokescreen alone gives him survivability and damage that perform very well.

As for Ember, Accelerant CC is actually fairly decent since it's instant and spammable.  But it's a huge damage buff, so with a properly modded weapon Ember can wreck face.  She will -easily- outdamage most other frames.

If you'd actually read my post instead of jumping at the chance to "lol" you'd understand that I'm saying that these frames can be effective.  No, they don't have broken powers like some frames but that doesn't mean they can't perform well.

Eh... Ash, Banshee, Ember, Hydroid, Valkyr, and Zephyr should all be accepted.  They're all equal to the likes of Rhino.  Hell some are better.  They're underused by comparison, but it's not because they're not effective.

Best-sellers are pretty spot-on, though.

How the heck are Hydroid and Zephyr "equal" to Rhino? Sure, Zephyr can act as somewhat of a tank with Turbulance and her high health and shields, but I don't really see any other comparison.

Instead of labeling things like that how about support diversity because quite frankly, I do much better than any of those "best sellers" or "approved frames" with my "rejected" frames. That post will only promote flaming and trolls tbh.

Edited by Phobose

*Snip*

I doubt you'd call Banshee bad if you understood how Sonar worked.

Similar stories for all the "rejected" frames, they're all good in their own way, people just can't be bothered to figure out how, so they say the frame is bad.

As for Ember, Accelerant CC is actually fairly decent since it's instant and spammable.  But it's a huge damage buff, so with a properly modded weapon Ember can wreck face.  She will -easily- outdamage most other frames.

Protip: Ignis. :>

This is sad. It really saddens me to see someone going out of there way to classify a tool as useless. I feel Warframes are tools, and that each tool has a job, and that each job comes more or less frequently. Some tools are more durable than others, some break under the strain, but NO Warframe is useless. I think D.E is one of the best game developer companies out there, for a few legitimate reasons, mainly they're proactive, and listen to their community. I think they're taking the game past what it needs to be at the moment. They're adding too much content too quickly. Now granted, don't get me wrong, I love all the new frames, and weapons, and mechanics and enemies, but they should really look at the balance side of things. Make it so that each frame has a purpose, and that purpose can be met on the regular. Perhaps nerfing the "OP" frames and buffing the weaker ones. Or they need to really define what that frame is meant to do, for instance, with Excalibur, he's a support and DPS frame, with his skills "Slash Dash", "Radial Blind", and "Radial Javelin" I feel if they defined this role more clearly, A. he'd be used more, and B. he'd have alot more utility. I also think that if the frames abilities were diversified more, then there'd be more of a key use for them.

With the skills he has, Excal seems to be nudged into the closed-area crowd-control role.

357.gif

This had me laughing for a good solid minute.

Uhh this list is kinda true, yet it's very wrong at the same time. 

Excalibur Rejected?! His Radial Blind is awesome! 

Name a thing your rejected frame can do, and there's an accepted frame that can do that and more. That is all.

... Hmm... Well, nobody else can blind their enemies! So no. Excalibur is the only frame to blind enemies, be it by flashing himself or that other thing. 

Similar stories for all the "rejected" frames, they're all good in their own way, people just can't be bothered to figure out how, so they say the frame is bad.

Also this. 

Edited by TwiceDead

... Hmm... Well, nobody else can blind their enemies! So no. Excalibur is the only frame to blind enemies, be it by flashing himself or that other thing. 

All radial blind does is stop nearby enemies from attacking...bastille, rhino stomp, terrify, and chaos can also do this.

All radial blind does is stop nearby enemies from attacking...bastille, rhino stomp, terrify, and chaos can also do this.

Yes, but it doesn't blind the enemy! Also Bastille, Rhino Stomp or Chaos doesn't increase the amount of damage you deal to the target for a brief moment. 

So there! ... Terrify kinda increases damage with it's - armor thing? I don't use it so I can't really say. 

Bastille is a bit bad because the problem is that the enemy actually has to go in the trap.

Rhino Stomp is bad if their's more enemies coming right before you activated it.

Bastille is a bit bad because the problem is that the enemy actually has to go in the trap.

Rhino Stomp is bad if their's more enemies coming right before you activated it.

Right, because enemies don't have to be in Radial Blind's radius in order to be blinded.

Let's also ignore the fact that Vauban can cover a much larger area for a much longer time, and that Rhino can provide also damage buff for every weapon and not just melee weapons.

As I recall Radial Blinds cooldown time is much shorter than Rhino's Stomp

And rhino stomp immobilizes enemies for a much longer time as well as dealing damage. Radial blind is a good introduction to CC for new players, but as far as CC abilities go it's not in my top 5

I would love to see a Nova out-CC a Mag. Really, I'd want to see something so ridiculously impossible.

Not to mention OHKO level 9999 mobs with shields.

nova does out CC a mag though. Mag cant deal with the heavies in t4 surv past 40min.

Pull cannot keep them down reliably.

Shield polarize does not kill them.

bullet attractor requires some luck to use for defensive purposes, and spends a lot of energy

Nova just needs to spam 4 and enemies will slow down by 70%...

I use Mag 90% of the time.

Edited by Preanette

Banshee is useless?

Abandoning thread ASAP. Also soloing T4 defenses with her. later

How far have you gone? Silence is actually quite good now for defence, but I doubt you can solo past 20 waves with no hard cc or globe

How far have you gone? Silence is actually quite good now for defence, but I doubt you can solo past 20 waves with no hard cc or globe

I made it to 25 before I left. Had no real reason to go farther.

If you wanna tear enemies up with her, DO NOT build into power strength! Such a waste of good mod space.