Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lowering Mastery Rank Requirements For Weapons Is Just Being Lazy

PeripheralVisionary

No, but seriously, anyone who suggests this obviously does not possess the gun in question whose mastery rank they suggest being lowered. Or they just don't give a damn about the weapon they see as mastery fodder. Anyone who suggests such a "fix" is a cupcake. Here's why.

-I paid to make a Rank 6 weapon, I should get weapon worthy of being rank 6 or above. To lower the mastery rank instead of buffing the weapon itself is the equivalent of an insult.

-It doesn't really solve the problem, it's just being lazy at this point.

I'm all up for upping mastery rank requirements, but I am vehemently against lowering them. 

Whoa, that felt good, getting all that rage off my chest.

Edited by Tulzscha
reduced rage level

A lot of these weapons have high Mastery Ranks because it's even IN THE LORE!  Like Dragon Nikana is something like "Only the most skilled and experienced warriors were allowed to wield this" or something like that.  

So making it so that a newbie rank one can pick it up on the first day WOULD be an insult to all those that built up the mastery rank.  It's like going to a martial arts studio and putting on a black belt trying to use the advanced forms while wielding the mighty ancient dragon swords that are only taught to the advanced students that put in the dedication and practice.   You need to learn the basics first and if you try to skip ahead, it's not gonna end well.

People suggest lowering mastery rank for certain weapons instead of actually buffing them to be worthy of their original mastery rank.

Seriously? There are people who want an underutilized system to be even more irrelevant? How could DE even do that anyway, considering how little it affects weapons already?^^'

Now I see. Personally I never saw such a suggestion.

Me neither actually... I saw people requesting the mastery rank to be higher for some weapons, but never the opposite. Mainly because there are so few weapons concerned (not to mention how low their MR requirements are...) that is seems both dumb AND pointless to ask for that in the first place.^^'

Seriously? There are people who want an underutilized system to be even more irrelevant? How could DE even do that anyway, considering how little it affects weapons already?^^'

Me neither actually... I saw people requesting the mastery rank to be higher for some weapons, but never the opposite. Mainly because there are so few weapons concerned (not to mention how low their MR requirements are...) that is seems both dumb AND pointless to ask for that in the first place.^^'

It's usually a reply to threads asking for certain weapons to be buff, not threads in themselves. The nerve of these people.

Edited by PeripheralVisionary

A lot of these weapons have high Mastery Ranks because it's even IN THE LORE!  Like Dragon Nikana is something like "Only the most skilled and experienced warriors were allowed to wield this" or something like that.  

So making it so that a newbie rank one can pick it up on the first day WOULD be an insult to all those that built up the mastery rank.  It's like going to a martial arts studio and putting on a black belt trying to use the advanced forms while wielding the mighty ancient dragon swords that are only taught to the advanced students that put in the dedication and practice.   You need to learn the basics first and if you try to skip ahead, it's not gonna end well.

Reread it. TBF, it's almost exclusively referring to the Supra and the Lanka, hence the confusion.

Edited by PeripheralVisionary

It's usually a reply to threads asking for certain weapons to be buff, not threads in themselves. The nerve of these people.

Oh okay. Then isn't it just by pure spirit of contradiction that people ask for these "MR nerfs"? O_o

That's even dumber... and pointless.^^'

I would like that some weapons be gated behind a mastery rank. As it stands, there are literally few to no reasons to bother ranking up besides doing it just to do it. The lowest rank you can be to use all of the things right now is 8, but thats if the dragon nikana is such an important weapon to you.

I'd like to see mastery ranks have more purpose in the game besides letting you use extra extractors or do more trades per day. I want to have to work my way to mastery 11-12 to use the brakk, for instance.

Not sure what you're saying. This is to weapons that need the buffs imo, mainly Supra and Lanka.

Just that some people only request MR requirements to be lowered because others want them to be raised. Kinda like the people asking for weapons to be nerfed just because others request a buff. they don't really care whether or not it's justified, they' ll just do it because they're trolls or want to make a mess of the community.^^'

I stopped hoping for a Lanka/Supra buff a while ago too...