Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De Save The Heavy Melee Weapons

Deidaku

They're waaaay to inferior to lighter weapons now.

Maybe it's just me  but there is litterally no incentive for me to pick up  my galatine ( I keep it as a trophy) 

I used it in Derelict survival and it's way too slow. the stance I used , Rending crane I think. is too slow even with attack speed mods ,My Nikana , Hate or even Kogake woud have done a better job.

There needs to be a way to compensate for their slowness.

Maybe 100% stagger chance , Guard breaking attacks ,(more of them) ,  I don't know something that makes them feel heavy again.

Galatine works best with Cleaving Whirlwind, why would you use Rending Crane on it anyway?

Edit: On topic, yes i do think they need to do something with most of the heavy melee weapons.

Because it's the only stance for galatine that I managed to get!

And I tried crushing ruin on my Kittag.;

Worthless -_-

Galatine works best with Cleaving Whirlwind, why would you use Rending Crane on it anyway?

Edit: On topic, yes i do think they need to do something with most of the heavy melee weapons.

May not have cleaving whirlwind.

Edit: Tennoed

Edited by NevanChambers

yeah right now only the Galatine with CW and Jat Kittag's Tenno Space Program jump attacks are worth using when it comes to heavy weapons, they really need to get wider movesets and some gap closers to compensate, maybe a little damage buff to incentivize using them.

I'm getting a laugh to myself as I remember way back when you used either a longsword or the Scindo/Fragor, and the heavies won out every time :P

Because it's the only stance for galatine that I managed to get!

And I tried crushing ruin on my Kittag.;

Worthless -_-

dude I love crushing ruin on the Jat. A ground slam knock everything around you flat and the double spin combo is just fun to watch. Also I have smash several enemies out into the sky box which is just beautiful.

Agreed. Heavy melee are just too slow and inferior to light "E"-mashers. Enemies just walk out of range of short reached weapons half of the time.

Bringing back charged attacks for heavy melee would be brilliant. But then again, DE is allergic to fun.

Agreed. Heavy melee are just too slow and inferior to light "E"-mashers. Enemies just walk out of range of short reached weapons half of the time.

Bringing back charged attacks for heavy melee would be brilliant. But then again, DE is allergic to fun.

I think your just doing it wrong :). I never liked the Galatine so I can't speak for it but I love my Jat.

I think your just doing it wrong :). I never liked the Galatine so I can't speak for it but I love my Jat.

Yes, I definitely do something wrong. Must be something wrong with the way I mash "E" button. It's such a complex task, no wonder  I could miss some important technique.

Edited by V0LK

Yes, I definitely do something wrong. Must be something wrong with the way I mash "E" button. It's such a complex task, no wonder  I could miss some important technique.

Have you actually tried using the combos? Especially with the Jat. The charge attack is part of the combo now. Double thruster spins with the jet powered hammer.

I dunno, Jat Kittag is my favourite melee weapon with both stances. It's alot of fun.

I agree the DPS output is lacking compared to stuff like Dakra Prime. But then again I go by the mantra that melee isn't for "serious" DPS anyway. So I prefer the utility of the Jat Kittag slam and Scoliac coptering etc anyway

Edited by Ignaesia

I dunno, Jat Kittag is my favourite melee weapon with both stances. It's alot of fun.

I agree the DPS output is lacking compared to stuff like Dakra Prime. But then again I go by the mantra that melee isn't for "serious" DPS anyway. So I prefer the utility of the Jat Kittag slam and Scoliac coptering etc anyway

I have to disagree  on the melee isn't for serious DPS.

With good builds and timing and enough mobs you can destroy a group of enemies faster than if you had a gun. ( believe me I tested) Works mostly with Excal , Nyx n Volt and Rhino.

Have you actually tried using the combos? Especially with the Jat. The charge attack is part of the combo now. Double thruster spins with the jet powered hammer.

it's still too slow.

the charge attack was way more efficient.