Ya know,

Steel Fiber (Optional, for tankyness)

Vitality

Redirection

Flow

Focus

Etc..

Or....

Fleeting Expertise + Blind Rage + Overextended + Narrow Minded (NM is optional)

And the rest is up to you

P.S This should be moved to Players helping Players

Edited by Noxonion

You can build her in different ways.

☻The easiest way consists in maxing the damage from her skills, Power Strenght, Power Duration, Power Range, Power Efficiency.
Its fine at low levels, when she can oneshot and clear rooms with Miasma, but later on its damage won't be valuable anymore.
She can't outclass Nova.

☻So the most efficient way of building her is melee focused: Vitality, Rage, Life Strike, Power Duration, Power Strenght... (Steel Charge if you want).
Cast Contagion, go in melee stance, enable Focus and start oneshotting high level enemies.

I won't recommend Steel Fiber because if you are going to be oneshotted then Armor won't save you.
Your Molt skill, parry from melee and Life Strike are going to be your best way of denying damage and sustaining yourself.

Keep Venom skill and an automatic weapon with Punch Through, the Viral damage can be still very useful.

Miasma is going to be a killer skill for low Hp units, nothing more, nothing less.

☻Another way of building Saryn can be enhancing her group utility through Corrosive Projection and Corrosive damage with Miasma.

Edited by Burnthesteak87

Fleeting expertise is your best friend. Saryn's ult actually gets stronger as you lower her ability duration. I've made my Saryn into the strongest dps frame possible. around 2.5k damage costing me 25 energy. You could even boost it further if you throw on a blind rage to get to 4.3k damage per ult, but that will increase energy use significantly.

She is by far the best offensive frame out there in terms of pure burst damage ults.

PS: It seems that "minimizing the power duration" is going to maximize the DPS just "literally", by the moment Miasma deals a set amount of damage over a set amount of time: reducing the power duration with Fleeting Expertize will just reduce the time gap in which the damage is going to be dealt. 
Resulting in an higher DPS (FASTER) but not an higher damage overall.

The downside is the stun duration from Miasma is getting reduced as well.. over butchering Venom, Molt and Contagion as well.

Edited by Burnthesteak87

PS: It seems that "minimizing the power duration" is going to maximize the DPS just "literally", by the moment Miasma deals a set amount of damage over a set amount of time: reducing the power duration with Fleeting Expertize will just reduce the time gap in wich the damage is going to be dealt. 

Resulting in an higher DPS (FASTER) but not an higher damage overall.

The downside is the stun duration from Miasma is getting reduced as well.. over butchering Venom, Molt and Contagion as well.

Incorrect on that. The game seems to improperly calculate how damage should be dealt when you decrease ability duration. For some reason it will throw in an extra tick of damage that increases the lower you can get your ability duration to go.

As proof: With my current mod set-up the only strength modifying mod I have equipped is maxed intensify, and therefore only have a 30% damage increase. Seeing as Miasma hits 1500 as a base, I should be doing 1950 damage total per cast, though I always hit around 2.5k on enemies who are neutral to Corrosive damage. I seem to get an extra 600 damage tick due to lowering my duration. If I had Blind Rage equipped I could boost that even higher to amass 4.6k damage per cast, though that decreases the energy efficiency to a point where just casting Miasma twice without it would do more damage with less energy cost, and that would be pure overkill to most enemies anyway.

Also my Saryn with -65% power duration still stuns for 4 seconds despite not doing damage for 4 seconds. Doesn't seem enemies like to stop their stun animation when they are in the middle of it.

Edited by spidey2092

Specifically the damage formula for Miasma is Damage per tick = 1500/duration

But the number of ticks is duration+1

So you get an extra tick. So minimizing the duration increases the damage per tick, and thus you get a higher damage total because that extra tick hits harder.

Tips & Tricks, huh?

Venom procs Viral a lot, good to use against heavies even when using -duration. Popping the spores is easier with a hitscan weapon with punchthrough.

Molt can be used as a shield if you stand still after casting it (you cant be hit). If you have punchthrough on your weapon you can shoot out without damaging it. Molt also deals toxin damage in an AoE when it dies, and you can manually detonate it by casting another one. If it dies naturally (not killed and not by casting another) it deals double damage.

Contagion is mostly useless. However, it can be used to change the elemental damage type of the weapon you're using. For example, say you were using an electric weapon against Infested lessers for the occasional AoE and CC proc. You could cast Contagion to turn the weapon into Corrosive damage, to more easily take out that Fossilized Ancient charging at you (+75% damage).

Miasma has a 4 second stun no matter the duration. It can be cast multiple times in a row and the stun and the ticks will not interfere with each other. As such, you want to build with 75% efficiency by using no higher than a Rank 2 Blind Rage. This makes her cheaper than many nukers to fully outfit as you don't have to level the mod that far.

Couple of good threads to look at:
The following quote links (click the curvy arrow in the upper right of the quote box)

Darzk, on 11 Jun 2014 - 07:50 AM, said:snapback.png

1) Minimum Duration. Venom optional, Molt and Miasma core abilities. 75% efficiency, 57% power strength, +45% range, and -65% duration. Miasma now has highest damage/energy of any AoE ability in game. 

2) Long Duration. Venom and Molt core, Contagion optional. Long duration build with Stretch (Narrow Minded optional but I don't like it). Cast Vanom, pop spores, spread venom to entire room, rinse+repeat to spread the viral proc to enemies.

Darzk, on 09 Jun 2014 - 10:05 AM, said:snapback.png

Even with -duration builds, Venom is basically a 'I proc Viral on you' for 6 energy, rather than having to bring a weapon to do that. Very effective against high level heavies, and scales.

Molt is all of an escape, a damaging ability, and an armor, all in one. You can use it while still as effectively an Iron Skin, you can use it as an escape or distraction, you can use it to break enemy AI, and you can detonate it manually as a shield-ignoring trap.

Miasma is both a nuke, and can be built as a half decent CC (although not awesome).

Darzk, on 11 Jun 2014 - 09:23 AM, said:snapback.png

Don't use more than a rank 2 blind rage. If you keep efficiency at 75% you can just cast multiple times for more damage.

Contagion builds are the only time you should have a higher Blind Rage. But Contagion builds are fairly terrible in comparison. They aren't bad, but don't shine like Venom or Miasma builds. Valkyr is a much more effective melee platform, imo.

I would suggest trying a Miasma nuke build first, as Saryn is really effective at that. Not the greatest at really high levels but still works well because of the stun. Keep to 25 energy Miasmas for the highest damage:energy ratio of any AoE ability in game.

Other fun builds include long duration Venom, either to deal damage or just to spread Viral procs, and Molt nuking against Corpus with the help of a friendly Loki. Get him to disarm, drop Molt, and manually detonate when enemies get near. Molt deals toxin damage in an AoE, which ignores shields and is thus super effective against Corpus units.

Venom is easier to pop with a hitscan weapon with some puncture. I would suggest something like an automatic rifle with Shred or a shotgun.