Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mazda Rx8 Questions

makaloff95

hello! i recently got a job and ive been thinking a little about what car i wanted (which is the rx8), however there are some things i want to know about the car:

how much does insurance cost (im 19)?

common problems?

how hard is it to aquire a left steered one?

how much does it drink per mile? (every 10km)

what things are usually replaced after x mile?

how cheap/expensive are extra parts if you have to replace something?

how does the car act when you drive it in citytraffic?

thanks for reading and answering

not to down anyone here, but i have a feeling you'd probably have a better time on some car enthusiast forum.

that being said, while Rotary Engines are an interesting design, they do have some issues - primarily being that they leak power out the exhaust. 

when one of the points on the 'triangle' on the shaft comes around, and starts compressing, once the point reaches and passes the spark plug, considerable pressure is lost through the sparkplug port. 

which means the exhaust will have some unspent fuel in it. 

don't know a whole lot more than that about Mazda's, but the RX8 might be... 22MPG city? could be higher 20's, i don't remember exactly - google can answer all of those specs in a few seconds anyways.

(shameless propaganda) also, Infiniti Essense. 

i'll keep dreaming that one day that'll go into production.

Sorry dude but at 19 a lot of insurance company's are gunna MURDER You on insuring a Rotary.

Unless your parents are rich an RX8 is pretty high for a FIRST CAR... you're most likely gunna dent and ding the thing up , get something a little easier to maintain and a little less likely to crash than an RX8

Those things have 'Suicide Doors' for a reason lol

Sorry dude but at 19 a lot of insurance company's are gunna MURDER You on insuring a Rotary.

Unless your parents are rich an RX8 is pretty high for a FIRST CAR... you're most likely gunna dent and ding the thing up , get something a little easier to maintain and a little less likely to crash than an RX8

Those things have 'Suicide Doors' for a reason lol

hmm...well, tbh i dont drive like a maniac (im very carefull when i drive and its a good reason too it).

insurance isnt a problem for me (i got a well payed job recently) and maintenance is something the mazda workshop can fix afaik.

tbh, the reason why mi thinking on this car is beacuse i dont want a crappy,rusty crap car from the 80s or 90s, i want a fun, somewhat powerfull 4 seat sedan with rear wheel drive. (and for the love of good dont give me examples of Saab, crappy cars those and Volvo is just too expensive in terms of buying one)