Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

4Th Of July Event Speculation Megathread

ndantony

yes but we got them last 4th of July. Maybe this year will be beer and BBQ.

BBQ and cans of beer drops from all enemy types, RNG based.

- Collecting 100 of them will give you Dex Primed Chamber Prime Wraith Vandal!

- Collecting 50 cans of beer as well will reward you with the all-new American Flag syandana!

*AGGRESSIVELY WANTS TO SEE CANADA DAY CELEBRATION BECAUSE DE IS A CANADIAN COMPANY*

Like seriously we didn't have one last year. Why would you celebrate the 4th of July and NOT Canada day, in order to justify that you'd have to celebrate not just Canada day but every other country that play's Warframe's birthday too.

so does that mean we will get a color palette for every single Independence Day for every single country in the world ?

thats going to be alot of color palettes !

to make it fair of course, is only the independence of the US important and the rest of the world is not worth acknowledgement 

I want an Independence day palette for México :D

Edited by Toppien

Likewise, the rest of the world doesn't really care about the 4th of July.

Likewise, we don't give a F*** about any other's holiday. Do you think the average Peru citizen cares about Warframe?

Didn't think so.

Edited by Z3ROWOLFHD

The reason for the Bastille color pallette is because DE is based out in Ontario Canada which has historical ties to France (New France way back when). As to the recognition of the United States independence day, this bares a bit of explanation. You see DE worked closely with Epic Games making the Unreal series and Unreal engine as well as helping a few other US video game companies with development of some high profile games. Also it's possible a few developers call the US home whilst working for DE via passports or visas. Finally, going back to the New France connection, New France extended all the way down to the Gulf of Mexico, so there is some shared history between Canada and the US there. Hence the reason why those two countries get special holiday events/palettes. This is my guess.

Edited by Trajhenkhetlive

Also Mexicans have Cinco de Mayo (not even remotely sure I spelled that right lol) that is their day of independence if I'm not mistaken and most Americans not just Latin Americans celebrate it because, well its fun =D at the very least people here go out and get some cervesas (beer in Spanish... i think).

Actually Cinco De Mayo is only marginally celebrated in Mexico (They celebrate September 16th as their indepence day). It is celebrated in one small part of Mexico (Puebla I believe) and all over the US. Why this is so? Well at the time the US was steeped in civil war and Napoleon was in power in France and the civil war left the US navy and defenses weak. France had made moves to set up an empire in Mexico and it's believed by some historians, that they were on the verge of a land grab on US territory via supporting the Confederacy during this time. That is until the people of Puebla in a bold display revolted against the would be emperor in a most violent fashion. Mexico in it's fight against France gained a moral boost from this battle and Napoleon decided the risks out weighed the reward of trying to establish a base for a US land grab that would be resisted on two fronts.

In the US we honor the people of Puebla and the people of Mexico for battling on a front we would have no chance at defending and foiling the machinations of Napoleon on May 5th since that's the day independence cast her spear in defense of Mexico.

Edited by Trajhenkhetlive