Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Other Fun Frames

Axiom-Zero

Question

Hello guys, I'm still quite a newbie here and I'm wondering...

Setting aside Vauban, Nova, Rhino, Loki, Nekros, Nyx and Vauban.

What other frames are fun to use?

I'm looking for something good at solo but not totally bad in a party.

Looking forward for your response :)

20 answers to this question

Look @ my profile pic. That one.

Will edit once I think of more.

EDIT:

ASH!!!

Heck, even Excal.

Aaaand don't forget Valkyr.

is Ash invisibility useful? in comparison to Loki's

I am honestly, torn between Valkyr and Ash ugh.....

Volt has good Shields that can get you through most of the map un scratched, his 1 is spammy, people love Speed on big maps, Interception and Survival and you can do amazing things with Shield now that Frost is less popular.

also i Like his Pulse helmet because of the rabbit tail 

I enjoy Mag for beating up on poor corpus. Corpus has no chance against a Mag imo. Pull with massive range > corpus.

Oberon is my go to frame if I need to get serious. People just don't understand how to use Hallowed Ground.

Haven't used the others besides the ones you listed so no idea.

Tis all a matter of preference. Take a look on the wiki and see what each frame can do.

Exactly this. How can we know what makes you fun.

One of my friends loves Ash, I think he is boring, some people like Noxonion loves Oberon, I think he is boring, so it´s all a matter of taste.

Personally my favorite frame is valkyr and she works great for soloing but can be used for teams as well (warcry and reviving while in hysteria). Her hysteria is getting a complete rework to which should arrive sometime around update 14 so that should only help improve her fun factor.

Zephyr is one of the most fun frames to use, ever.

Wrong. Zephyr is an enourmous frustration in this game.

The amount of Skybox limitations stopping you from going even just a tad bit higher than about 3 tiles isn't even funny.

Then do something else. 

You are a Tenno. Adapt to the situation. 

I already did.

My point is that she can't excel where she's supposed to the most. Freedom of movement.

She's a Bird frame for crying out loud.

I already did.

My point is that she can't excel where she's supposed to the most. Freedom of movement.

She's a Bird frame for crying out loud.

Jump a bit, let her fall a bit and use Tail Wind. Travel through corridors and rooms quite quickly. 

Parkour up to a relatively high place, jump and Dive Bomb on a group of enemies. 

Use Turbulence to block off a hallway so almost to no bullets can pass through the wind shield. 

Tornados for quick CC/breather. 

These can be used both on open maps and in close quarters. 

is Ash invisibility useful? in comparison to Loki's

I am honestly, torn between Valkyr and Ash ugh.....

Comparing the invisibility duration vs energy usage for both frames, they are basically the same, w/ Loki being a few decimals better (specifically about .208 energy cheaper per sec). Ash's Smokescreen also as a stun effect upon casting, so it's useful when using within a crowd.

I find the most fun when I'm playing with Ash. His Smokescreen is nice for taking out my Dakra P and just hacking at people and life stealing. His Teleport is actually useful by allowing you to chain combos more easily, and Bladestorm can also add into the combo and benefit from it. Ash is also good for long survival runs too, if you build him right.

Edited by Yazeth

Banshee

Hydroid

Ember

nuff said

ok, some explanations:

Banshee's soundquake is now toggleable, so you can leave it on for as long as you want. with maxed range, you can shut down entire rooms for an extended period of time. I haven't played around with her new silence yet, but sonar is an amazing damage buff, and sonic boom is one of the most fun 1 powers in the game. as it turns out, so are hydroid and ember's. hmm. anyway, it's force push. what's not to like?

Hydroid is all about area denial. I don't use the puddle, I go for power, but it's a useful skill. his 1 is great at keeping groups of enemies stunned, and his ult destroys everything in an area. tidal surge is good for movement, and sweeping away things in his wake. one of the most fun frames, and my current favorite. plus his idle animations with secondary weapons are the best

Ember is frail but powerful. I prefer an accelerant build over world on fire, because the stun is extremely useful, and the fire damage buff is on par with sonar. so bring an ignis. or use fireball. fireball so fun