The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It's Time To Make Eu West / Eu East Regions

Nimbat

I'm not sure there are separate servers located in each region.  I believe it's probably the same server, and we're just selecting our regions, so the main server will know how to divide us when it comes to things like region chat, trade chat, recruit chat, matchmaking, etc.

I mean.  If we're on separate servers completely there'd really be no way for me to PM my EU/Asia region friends or see if they're online, etc.

(I'm just guessing here, don't really know for a fact.)

Servers can communicate with one another. That's what the internet is based on. Servers communicating with one another. 

No,because I am Romanian and I don't know russian....yet or polish or other languages in the east,I know english so it would be better or worse for me to play on the West?
Respond to this like your life is on the line:)

People talk on the EU servers? 9/10 mission I play on the East US no one says anything.

techncially more of Russia is in Asia than Europe so they should really be on the Asian servers hehe, would probably have better connections for most of them also, although giving eastern Europe as a default option for them would probably improve p[performance for a majority, and the minority that might find itself worse off could just swap back to the eu west no harm done.

though ill admit eastern euro players arent the only ones with bad connections, but the distance doesnt help.

had similar issues when i was living in Spain, i could host with 1 mate ok, 2 was getting iffy and a full group the connection was just not upto handling the data back and forth REGARDLESS of ping settings which i suspect is a large part f the problem when you connect to eastern / southern euro / Russian / anyone with really bad connections powered by asthmatic hamsters. sadly.

laters

Monk

to all those *@##$ing aboout lag use the max ping setting and ur set. now stop with the segregation talk

The setting doesn't work 90% of the time. It checks ping when you click play, but once you're in the game it can go through the roof in seconds which is usually what happens. There is already two regions for the US, why shouldn't Europe have it?

I'm not talking about a forced split. It would work just like now I.E free to change between regions.

The setting doesn't work 90% of the time. It checks ping when you click play, but once you're in the game it can go through the roof in seconds which is usually what happens. There is already two regions for the US, why shouldn't Europe have it?

I'm not talking about a forced split. It would work just like now I.E free to change between regions.

imo splitting the EU playerbase in 2 achieves nothing good .. bad internet connections are not exclusive to eastern EU u know? maybe we should ask DE to make matchmaking a little easier. idk something like visible ping values in the lobby so you can know the situation before going in the mission.

p.s. i would also like to be able to see again in the lobby what aura team mates have equipped

imo splitting the EU playerbase in 2 achieves nothing good .. bad internet connections are not exclusive to eastern EU u know? maybe we should ask DE to make matchmaking a little easier. idk something like visible ping values in the lobby so you can know the situation before going in the mission.

p.s. i would also like to be able to see again in the lobby what aura team mates have equipped

The problem isn't bad internet connections. It's the physical distance between the players that determines ping. Otherwise, there'd just be one global server region.

The problem isn't bad internet connections. It's the physical distance between the players that determines ping. Otherwise, there'd just be one global server region.

physical distance is not the only culprit when it comes to lag. i dare is its not even the most important in this case. i play with friends from all over EU and russia, very rarely have problems (granted i'm in the middle and most of us here are on fiber optics). if there were 2 EU servers i think i would have missed out on meeting some great friends and making some awesome deals in trading to say the least.

i think making changes to matchmaking that improves host selection (this is already way better then it was a few patches ago, really not a 90% fail rate as some1 posted above but rather the opposite) and adding more transparency to player status (ping, loadout) would be more beneficial then splitting the EU in 2 and tearing families apart :p

play invite only with friends and clan/alliance buddies?

everyone happy, no bi***ing on the forum required...

That's not really a solution. Just a band aid until the problem is confronted.

Whether you like it or not there does need to be an option for those who want better ping with players closer to them.

I probably wouldn't use it. I prefer NA servers overall because there are more players online and my ping isn't actually as bad as if I were on a game with some* players in the European servers.

My issue here is the fact that Europe I'd imagine is just as big if not bigger than the USA. So why don't we get 2 servers East + West like they do?

That's not really a solution. Just a band aid until the problem is confronted.

Whether you like it or not there does need to be an option for those who want better ping with players closer to them.

I probably wouldn't use it. I prefer NA servers overall because there are more players online and my ping isn't actually as bad as if I were on a game with some* players in the European servers.

My issue here is the fact that Europe I'd imagine is just as big if not bigger than the USA. So why don't we get 2 servers East + West like they do?

And what about Asia? 

That is pretty large as well.