Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Redo Serration, Point Blank, Hornet Strike, Pressure Point And The Corrupted Damage Mods.

Innocent_Flower

Nah, I'm not asking for their removal here. I'm asking for a massive change. 

more accessible mods

More customisation

More balance. Oh I should probably explain this one more: The difference between high and low level content is just too damn high. High level content with low level weapons is frustrating and low level content with superweapons is just boring. Thus with the introduction of choice and customisation we've got less of a powergap between newbs and Sir-thousand-hours. 

To the player it'd be "you have all these damage mods. Pick the one you think is best for this weapon"  and that'd be all there is too it

1- Have hornet strike, point blank, serration, heavy calibre, vicious spread and magnum force equipable to ANY PRIMARY OR SECONDARY WEAPON. However, We work under the rule that there can only be one. So you could put a hornet strike on a braton but not a hornet strike and a serration. 

2: Each mod has a detrimental effect. That's not to say that each mod is corrupted and only found in the void. But rather that players can choose which damage mod they use to perfectly match their playstyle. 

Magnum force: +Recoil

Hornet strike: - Firerate 

Heavy calibre: - clip size/max ammo 

Vicious spread: -accuracy 

Point blank: +damage falloff

Serration -punch through and projectile speed? (Non hitscan, non explosive weapons only?) 

Pressure point: (less bonus damage in comparison to other mods) 

heavy strike (from spoiled strike) - speed

Frenzied attacks: - Crit chance

3: take the corrupted mods listed above out of the vault and onto the enemy droptables. Add new mods written in italics. 

4: Misc things to take into account

Blaze- Reduces physical damage and grants bonuses to all elemental effects. Only works on weapons with physical damage

would idealy work with other mod ideas of mine (elemental/physical damage rework, multishot rework). Doesn't necessarily need those reworks to function though. 

Do discus things I might not be considering so I can add them here! 

Edited by Innocent_Flower

DE already said in the past they're going to rework how damage is done instead of just flat out and it'll be coming Soon, but right now they're dead set on getting U14 out with all the Kubrow and Spaceship goodies.

My initial reaction is summed up easily by a number, character, and letter.

0.o

Though with that out of the way... I'm actually kind of intrigued by this thought.  It's not something that can just be slapped on without thought and rebalancing in accordance to the stats presented on the individual mods of course, but I can't say I'm against this necessarily.  To be fair, Magnum Force would be the all around best choice since player action can mitigate recoil completely.

Curious, intrigued, not really for the idea wholly but not really against it either.

DE already said in the past they're going to rework how damage is done instead of just flat out and it'll be coming Soon, but right now they're dead set on getting U14 out with all the Kubrow and Spaceship goodies.

When did they say this? (Not trying to sound rude, legitimately curious.)

When did they say this? (Not trying to sound rude, legitimately curious.)

Multiple devstreams, and I believe the most recent one as well. There was mention of mods that will have a quality rating, as a means of getting some of the basics in the hands of newbies, while being completely upgradeable into their higher quality counterparts.

Your suggestion would not really help customization or accessibility whatsoever. We are already aware that Hornet Strike has a significant advantage over the other damage, just like many of the other elemental mods. I'm not seeing a lot of benefit to your idea beyond wanting to make certain weapons even more OP via alternative mods that have better bonuses.

Damage modifiers are just too strongly associated with Mods, many of which only start reliably appearing around Mars.

I've sorta got three characters going - and yes, it's stupid, I know - and every time I'm developing them I encounter massive obstacles with the RNG being fickle with basic, essential mods like Serration and Hornet Strike.

My main character, my PS4 dude, I was nearly a month into the game before Serration showed up.  I got Hornet Strike within the first week, and I became severely dependent on my Sidearm because of it.  The Kunai that I haven't used since I got Despair toward the end of the second month of play is still my Most Used weapon in my statistics.

My second dude, to play on Steam, I play him very lightly.  He's just so I can play with some Steam peeps and take a look at the wonderful exclusives the PC master race has showered upon them.  Still doesn't have Serration or Hornet Strike, but, again, lightly played.

Third dude was so that friends could come over, test drive the snazzy new PS4, check out Warframe.  This dude only has Pressure Point on him.  Pressure Point is thankfully fairly easy to get, but he's going on a week of solid play without seeing Hornet Strike or Serration.

And that?  That is BS and bad design.  It's bad design that weapons don't improve on their own to some degree through ranking up, and it's bad design that basic functions like increasing damage are tied so strongly to mods with such infrequent drop rates.  It's bad design when the first thing a new player should do is farm up a handful of Rare 5 Fusion Cores and try to work out trades for these Mods, and a really new player isn't going to know that these Mods exist and that they should trade for them ASAP because they're a pain in the &#! to get.

A bit difficult to understand,

anyway to sum it up hornet, serration, heavy caliber, point blank, vicious spread are dissociated from weapons type and in exchange they have corrupted maluses, also only one among these in the weapon mod loadout.

To add more customization possibilities I also thought that reducing direct damage mod to 1 would be a solution, outside of that in regard to your idea I don't think anything much.

A bit difficult to understand,

anyway to sum it up hornet, serration, heavy caliber, point blank, vicious spread are dissociated from weapons type and in exchange they have corrupted maluses, also only one among these in the weapon mod loadout.

That's the gist of it. yep. 

To the player it'd be "you have all these damage mods. Pick the one you think is best for this weapon"  and that'd be all there is too it

Will update the op for clarification. 

I doubt it would matter much. In 90% of my matches i only use primary weapon, not secondary or melee. (Well, melee only to open crates)

75% of the time i use my secondary 20% of the time i use melee and 5% of the time i use primary who cares what you use everyone is diffrent not everyone uses the top tier primarys that trivialize content some of us like the humble lex and heatswords

this probably isnt the solution, what first needs to happen is complet weapon rebalance then rebalance to the market/clan dojo where more deserving weapons go into the dojo and less specialized weapons are in the market then the mod rebalance

Edited by MoyuTheMedic

The difference between high and low level content is just too damn high.
High level content with low level weapons is frustrating and low level content with superweapons is just boring.

This is how games are supposed to be. O.o

If you fight on Mercury with an Ogris, you will notice: you are not supposed to be there with that thing.

I don't see any reason to change the system.

Nah, I'm not asking for their removal here. I'm asking for a massive change. 

more accessible mods

More customisation

More balance. Oh I should probably explain this one more: The difference between high and low level content is just too damn high. High level content with low level weapons is frustrating and low level content with superweapons is just boring. Thus with the introduction of choice and customisation we've got less of a powergap between newbs and Sir-thousand-hours. 

1- Have hornet strike, point blank, serration, heavy calibre, vicious spread and magnum force equipable to ANY PRIMARY OR SECONDARY WEAPON. However, We work under the rule that there can only be one. So you could put a hornet strike on a braton but not a hornet strike and a serration. 

2: Each mod has a detrimental effect. That's not to say that each mod is corrupted and only found in the void. But rather that players can choose which damage mod they use to perfectly match their playstyle. 

Magnum force: +Recoil

Hornet strike: - Firerate 

Heavy calibre: - clip size/max ammo 

Vicious spread: -accuracy 

Point blank: +damage falloff

Serration -punch through and projectile speed? (Non hitscan, non explosive weapons only?) 

Pressure point: (less bonus damage in comparison to other mods) 

heavy strike (from spoiled strike) - speed

Frenzied attacks: - Crit chance

3: take the corrupted mods listed above out of the vault and onto the enemy droptables. Add new mods written in italics. 

4: Misc things to take into account

Blaze- Reduces physical damage and grants bonuses to all elemental effects. Only works on weapons with physical damage

would idealy work with other mod ideas of mine (elemental/physical damage rework, multishot rework). Doesn't necessarily need those reworks to function though. 

Do discus things I might not be considering so I can add them here! 

all those sound awful