The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

Posted Today, 09:59 PM

Hyona, on 02 Jul 2014 - 9:51 PM, said:snapback.png

I'd believe in this had I not looked at this

http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapid=52344383

In this link, there's a June 30th merger / acquistion. I'm not sure as to with whom, but with the countless speculation out and about, this can't be ignored.

wait... London, Canada? Is there another London in Canada or my Geography knoweledge suck...

Yeah, we need a plat embargo.

Nobody buy anymore plat until DE calls off the deal

A plat embargo will not work. If the suits of DE see that there is a low income of money comming from Warframe, they may decide against keeping the game and sell off to Los Polos Hermanos. Play the game as intended, and if they announce the game is being purchased, then cut off all spending. Honestly, this kind of thing has probably happened many times. 

Hell, this game is in the GamersFirst roster, has been since shortly after U8, 

DE being a private company does not have to tell anyone, including the community, what they're doing with the funds they received and the shares they possess. The only reason we know about this one is because some guy was rooting around in DE's business, and now everyone has jumped on it like a fat kid on a box of candy bars. 

Yes this is bad, but DE still has control, if they decide to send the game over to PWE, they know full well what is going to happen, and we were going to go down the drain anyway. 

Soooo I've been gone for 6 hours...

Still no response from a DE rep? Aaaaand the thread is still here, and not locked.

Interesting.

A couple hours ago Rebecca popped in to tell us she was still waiting on info herself. Probably a case of needing to talk to DE's legal team.

Anyone want to enlighten me on why PWE is so bad?

There are 276 pages on this thread about it... I'm sure one of them has some reason in it :P Although, I believe it is mostly the way they handle their gear and economy systems in their games.

They're a Chinese publishing company with a North America division known as Perfect World Entertainment.

Also notorious for enforcing absolutely ridiculous premium items, P2W stuff, etc.

Basically people are panicking because this company has expressed interest in buying some of DE's shares.

Here's what we know: What we currently know about the PWE deal (reddit).

Hey everyone - currently awaiting official comment/info on this topic.

Remember when I tweeted you guys saying "I will stay for a bit longer, bought the founder pack"

I guess the time has come for most Warframers and also Loyalists to throw the towel...

This could be one of the worst alliances that the modern gaming industry could do.

PW is a terrible company.

And the reason I play Warframe over "Forsaken World, PWI, Blacklight Retribution, Star Trek?" and all the other wonderful but terribly serviced games is because of this company...

This, Nexon and Aeria are one of the most terrible companies in my opinion to have an alliance or agreement with.

I hope you take our posts into consideration!

DE you are doing a great job ALONE and I am really happy I contributed 1st time ever in a game and the game was Warframe. (never bought founder stuff or was even that excited about a game like Warframe).

Here's my take on this:

If this does happen, if DE sells out to PWE, Warframe will no longer be a game to recommend to friends or family as a fun, free to play game that is easy to get into and enjoy. I played a couple of PWE games before Warframe, and by the time i got to them, they were stale, ugly, moldy, and in need of so much by way of bug fixes and new content.

The Gifts From the Lotus? They would be gone. Orokin Catalysts and Reactors would only be available to buy in the market. That goes for Forma, sentinels, and so many weapons and Warframes as well. You want a new clan dojo? Pay a premium, first. New Warframe? Pay up or you have to wait for a year. You want to advance in rank? Oh, you need a special item that is only available on the market. You want to trade platinum? Sorry, that's not allowed anymore, pay for your own. 

PWE will take away so many of the things we enjoy and take for granted in the game if this does happen. They will attempt to control every monetary aspect, and squeeze every penny they can from the player before the player gives up and takes their business elsewhere. And worst of all: all the lore that has been developed and hinted at will cease to be developed.

This would be a bad business decision for Digital Extremes, and if they want to proceed with this, as hard as it would be for myself and the people i know that very much enjoy the game, I would no longer choose to support them.

Listen to your players, Digital Extremes. Listen well.

Posted Today, 09:59 PM

Hyona, on 02 Jul 2014 - 9:51 PM, said:snapback.png

I'd believe in this had I not looked at this

http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapid=52344383

In this link, there's a June 30th merger / acquistion. I'm not sure as to with whom, but with the countless speculation out and about, this can't be ignored.

The merger/acquisition is, I believe, between Sumpo Foods and Perfect Online. They are investing within DE, but I think the merge is between the two companies purchasing shares from DE, hence the "Private Companies Transactions" subheading. Transactions - that's the key.

Edited by Hyona

A couple hours ago Rebecca popped in to tell us she was still waiting on info herself. Probably a case of needing to talk to DE's legal team.

Ah good on you for letting me know! Appreciated.

In any even, I choose to remain positive. Even the DEs big whigs can't ignore the amount of player upset in this thread.

I'm sure they are well aware of the consequences if they have not yet done what cannot be undone.

As much as they treat Warframe like their child, I wouldn't think they would so easily give it up. If anything the Devs will be as upset as we are.

Edit; grammar

Edited by (PS4)StoneRevolver

I will never give a company money to help fund their venture ever again if DE gets bought out by Perfect World.  Nevermind the fact that I'll disown Warframe for having the Perfect World name being branded on it.

My $100(And more) was put towards a beautiful game with a great company that's not controlled by a conglomerate.  If you sell Warframe off to them, either willingly or through a hostile takeover, I will NEVER invest early into a game ever again.  Any game.  Ever.  

Why?

Because a transaction like this proves without a doubt that game companies will 100% always be driven by profit and greed, and this "community" thing they talk about is an elaborate farce.

DE, if you allow Perfect World to buy Warframe, you(The employees and face of DE) will be stigmatized for the rest of your lives.  You will regret it.

Ah, let me explain what I meant then. It "sums it up" as in, PWE is potentially buying DE. It's not perfect, I agree, but you don't need to know anythign about financial stuff to understand that PWE is possibly gonna buy DE.

They're buying shares though, not DE. O: We don't know the percentage of the shares, but it's unlikely to be majority control. That'd be stupid.

WOAH WOAH WOAH hey wait what is this 

Haven't heard? I actually rechecked the mega thread, now it's "possibly" buying DE out. There's a chance for the sellers to back out though still, and it is unknown how much of DE is on the market (percent wise of the shares)

They're buying shares though, not DE. O: We don't know the percentage of the shares, but it's unlikely to be majority control. That'd be stupid.

Assuming they buy enough shares it's more or less the same thing, they get control of the company if they have more than 50%. But yeah, it would be stupid if DE put more than 50% of themselves up for sale.

But hey, DE has done some pretty dumb things before.

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

What is amazing to me, after everything we've been through, as players and even as collaborators, to (one of) the best free to play game(s) ever made; one that redefined the "FREE TO PLAY" model, is that suddenly, and, without any credence, we so certainly and unquestionably assume the worst of everyone and everything we had placed so much hope and trust in up to this very point.

I mean seriously: do you have any faith at all in Digital Extremes? Because, I think they deserve a little credit here.

Others have posted already about the various legalities and stipulations concerning not only digital property rights, but international law as well. There are so many lawyers in this thread I fear I might incriminate myself! Yikes.

How about everybody just eases the fock back for a day or two.

I believe we shall see, as things unfold, that DE has been strengthening their share of the market. If some S#&$ty marketer wants to dump tons of money into DE, then I say go for it!

I, for one, do not think the powers that be at Digital Extremes are idiots. Nor do I think they would sell out their fanbase.

So, let's just hang back from the edge of madness a bit and try not to become Infested....