Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

Woh lucky i didnt spend my 25$ on steam yet, game was already turning p2lg (pay to look good.) With all these new syndanas coming out and armour sets, seems like they did it so they can boost $ income so they can trick PWE into buying if this is the case then DE would be the worst game company ever...Even worse the Zemi lol 

Just as a heads up, this isn't as bad as it immediately sounds, majorly a large hysteria based on the announcement of a truly evil company.

While it may have it's share of worries, DE Ltd. hasn't shaken hands yet nor are they likely to due to the fact of all the signs stating the company is doing well financially, while only a part of Digital Extremes, the Warframe division is especially proving itself to be steady and eager to continue their mission, creating a game they've wanted to without being told what to do by some publisher. 

Even if that wasn't the case trying to directly address DE isn't going to yield results when they're asleep.

But when they wake up, though....  6000 comments of confused and worried players await them. >_>

Hopefully in a week we'll just be able to say "Hey dad (DE), remember when you almost sold me to that crazy asian guy who mumbled stuff about everything being a slot machine?"

*goes into a corner and dies laughing* AHAHAHA, I SAW THIS COMING MILES AWAY~!!! I find it funny that just a few days after my suggestion to fix the current Warframe market gets closed by a mod, this happens... I knew that the bad market scheme would cause them to seek money elsewhere, I just knew that a F2P game that discouraged spending would meet an early demise, Calling me a whiner for being realistic, Serves ya'll right! It was all too obvious that DE was lacking funds. But enough of the I told you so party, I still am hoping that Perfect World has little to no influence on Warframe if they do buy them stocks, else it will get boring like every other one of their F2P games and I may just need to find something else to do...

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/254496-ok-de-we-really-need-to-talk-about-your-monetization-strategies/

Bumpity Bump*

Guest Tehnoobshow

I have proudly supported Warframe both vocally and financially, from believing in the game and Digital Extremes based in London Ontario; helping this game develop further and to a local game developer nonetheless. I have spent much time and money into this game and enjoyed it through the ups and downs that it has gone through during its development; mistakes have been made, apologizes given and accepted, I continued to support Warframe.

So I will make it clear to Digital Extremes, I implore you do not sell out to the Chinese company Perfect World  and keep the company proudly Canadian and continue to develop it in hand with the community and it's support. I have dealt with Perfect World before from other games and heard many accounts of Perfect World defaulting on customer without refund or recourse. To be more detailed, customers paying for Zen (Perfect World virtual currency) and not receiving Zen and upon contacting Perfect World for support being told there is nothing they can do, and customers with paid subscriptions not receiving their monthly rewards and again upon trying to get support told the same. This is atop the very clear and evident pay to win model in the games under Perfect World and degeneration over time driving many fans away.

Until I hear what Digital Extremes will do, I will not purchase anymore Platinum nor Prime Access packs nor Steam packs; I will never support Perfect World or any games under them and if Digital Extremes ends up in the hands of Perfect World, my support for Warframe and Digital Extremes will end.

I have proudly supported Warframe both vocally and financially, from believing in the game and Digital Extremes based in London Ontario; helping this game develop further and to a local game developer nonetheless. I have spent much time and money into this game and enjoyed it through the ups and downs that it has gone through during its development; mistakes have been made, apologizes given and accepted, I continued to support Warframe.

So I will make it clear to Digital Extremes, I implore you do not sell out to the Chinese company Perfect World  and keep the company proudly Canadian and continue to develop it in hand with the community and it's support. I have dealt with Perfect World before from other games and heard many accounts of Perfect World defaulting on customer without refund or recourse. To be more detailed, customers paying for Zen (Perfect World virtual currency) and not receiving Zen and upon contacting Perfect World for support being told there is nothing they can do, and customers with paid subscriptions not receiving their monthly rewards and again upon trying to get support told the same. This is atop the very clear and evident pay to win model in the games under Perfect World and degeneration over time driving many fans away.

Until I hear what Digital Extremes will do, I will not purchase anymore Platinum nor Prime Access packs nor Steam packs; I will never support Perfect World or any games under them and if Digital Extremes ends up in the hands of Perfect World, my support for Warframe and Digital Extremes will end.

Don't you know anything about Canadian entrepreneurs? They don't care about their companies because they get a thrill out of starting a new company from scratch. Do you think any artist cares about every painting they've made?

This guy knows what's up. I was a bit nervous about what was going to happen, but after looking at what we do know, it doesn't look remotely close to  DE "selling out" all we know is all their outstanding shares are being bought(Which could be 5% of the shares, could be 40%+ we don't know s@#! yet) by PW not to be confused with PWE for any number of reasons from DE's bigshots getting greedy to PW just wanting to be the ones to introduce Warframe into the Xbone's Chinese market.

So can we all calm down and let this panic die out, or is that still out of the question?

DE is not a publicly traded company. This means all shares are outstanding.

Guest Tehnoobshow

So I'm not that well versed in business, but I don't think DE would willing sell Control of there company if they can avoid it(unless their in some sort financial debt). It would just seem odd if they sold control of their business when it's doing fine. 

Now I'm curious is PWE really as bad as everyone's saying it is.

P.S. sorry for any grammatical errors, grammar is not my specialty.

They sell it because it's the easiest way to get rid of their company and to get funds to start a new company from the ground up. It's called entrepreneurship.

I've heard about perfect world and their game ruining, but when did this start and why?

It started when Genghis Khan took over a bunch of land and the Qing couldn't do anything about it so they had to think of other ways to defeat his tremendous forces. The idea that they came up with was charging for everything. So they would charge for going using water, going to the bathroom, holding your weapons when you went into an inn. This tactic became known as Pay 2 Win because eventually all the pillaging that the mongols did ending back in the hands of the people that they took it from. Ever since that time the Chinese have used the Pay 2 Win strategy to take control of stuff. 

The end.

I hope this helps.

Un1337ninj4, on 02 Jul 2014 - 11:09 PM, said:snapback.png

Just as a heads up, this isn't as bad as it immediately sounds, majorly a large hysteria based on the announcement of a truly evil company.

While it may have it's share of worries, DE Ltd. hasn't shaken hands yet nor are they likely to due to the fact of all the signs stating the company is doing well financially, while only a part of Digital Extremes, the Warframe division is especially proving itself to be steady and eager to continue their mission, creating a game they've wanted to without being told what to do by some publisher. 

Even if that wasn't the case trying to directly address DE isn't going to yield results when they're asleep.

"But when they wake up, though....  6000 comments of confused and worried players await them. >_>

Hopefully in a week we'll just be able to say 'Hey dad (DE), remember when you almost sold me to that crazy asian guy who mumbled stuff about everything being a slot machine?'", Auramau

I certainly hope so!

Edited by Un1337ninj4

Guest Tehnoobshow

As an artist, I do care about every piece of art I make, I take pride in my work also. I am also a poet, and those poems are who I am. You sir are just being a bit hotheaded like a Ember (Prime), chill out man, be a Frost (Prime).

I am an artist as well. I also take pride in my work (I spend 6 hours everyday in my studio after school. I don't sleep much lol.) But I usually just sell my work or donate it to charity auctions because the only purpose that painting served to me was to improve my skills .

Un1337ninj4, on 02 Jul 2014 - 11:09 PM, said:snapback.png

"But when they wake up, though....  6000 comments of confused and worried players await them. >_>

Hopefully in a week we'll just be able to say 'Hey dad (DE), remember when you almost sold me to that crazy asian guy who mumbled stuff about everything being a slot machine?'", Auramau

I certainly hope so!

lol sold to a slot machine... Warframe had a great childhood until that point...