Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

I've added a note at the beginning of the OP with a link to the incredibly objective and insightful Reddit page, along with a note to read it before jumping to conclusions.

Might help some calm their Boobens.

That thread is every bit as speculative and subjective as any of the nonsense posted in here.  Especially when you consider that DE is opening up a new office in CA and two large chinese companies, one of which has a subsidiary in CA and another which sponsors the other's games are buying up all of DE's outstanding shares.

Edited by (PS4)Urabask

I hope Georges St. Pierre walks in and tells PWE: "I'm not impressed."

He then proceeds to superman punch them all right in the mouth.

Ran out of my upvote quota. Finally, another person who knows who Georges St. Pierre is.

Like I've said before...

All those abandoning ships, cowards! I will see this through, if the ship goes down, so be it! I will not let rumors break my spirits! I will stand tall like a wall! I say, 'Let them come!' I will not abandon ship nor will I give up hope! I will go down with this ship if it's fated to be!

Warning: I'm a noob in economics.

In all seriousness though, it doesn't make any sense why DE would sell ANY shares to any companies right now... If PWE is simply investing in DE's shares, then they are doing so because they think the value of said share are going to go up.  With that in mind, why would DE allow a DIFFERENT company to profit off of their own success when DE could be making the money?  

It makes NO sense unless PWE has interest in acquiring DE as a whole, later on.

The Chinese company Perfect Online definitely has an interest in acquiring DE's shares. Why? Because Perfect Online is likely going to be the publisher for the Xbox One version of Warframe in China.

Frequently, when a developer wants to publish a game in a different country, they have to seek out a publisher belonging to that country. It's why many American or European developed games get published by Square Enix in Japan, or Japanese games get published by Atlus in the US and Namco Bandai elsewhere.

In this case, from all of the evidence, I suspect that Perfect Online is looking into DE as a business partner for Warframe in China.

That thread is every bit as speculative and subjective as any of the nonsense posted in here.

It's possibly the only place where all of the known facts are considered and evaluated. Here it's just PANIC overload "zomg PWE bought DE". Articles elsewhere are making stuff up to sensationalize the issue and get readers (like claiming that Perfect World Entertainment bought DE, which is false--no deals have actually occurred yet from what we know). The Reddit thread on the other hand is straight to the facts no-nonsense.

Basically, what it comes down to is that people need to chill out, quit overreacting and wait for an official word. There will be plenty of time to panic and flip tables (that is if there's even any need to do so) after an official announcement on the matter is made.

I know how you feel. Just woosaa, step away from the thread and think of a happy place.

People on the internet are quick to assume the worst-case scenario. In this instance, DE is not doing the smart thing by doing proper damage control and/or explaining themselves quite clearly.

Silence only makes the echo chamber worse.

"ALL OF ITS OUTSTANDING SHARES" "NONBINDING" THese are some of the words you'd read if you actually read the article.

Outstanding shares could be 10% for all we know, jesus christ this thread needs to die.

I haven't been really contributing to this thread, but I can't qoute this any harder. 

You guys really need other S#&$ to do today. 

Hmmm.... Well, I'm not going to over-react and jump ship, but...  Lets just say I'm glad Kingdom Under Fire 2 is coming out and DFO is being brought back.

Yep, this covers me pretty well also, tho for my part it's more "Looks like I'll have extra time to play Eternal Crusade"

That's over here --> if anyones curious: http://www.eternalcrusade.com/account/sign-up/?ref_code=EC-7F0VJZOT6GL55

Honestly though, while I do have various other games to play I don't want to see something gut Warframe. It's a game that's already worthwhile to enjoy and it still has so much potential.

With luck maybe things will continue in a positive light, I'm corssing my fingers and waiting to see.  I won't go anywhere until it actually happens.

0.02 Plat

Cross

I had experience with their games, i lost alot my money for they games and i made a promised "NEVER PLAY A GAMES UNDER PW DEV"...

For sure you will understand what they do to all their games, and for sure i will retire from WF if you merge with them..

This game was going down anyway guys.. Broken shallow gameplay for a year and furry animal upgrades.   How much longer could we all play the same 2-3 maps over and over again for all our game content - voids, sechura and ......insert whatever might have been your favorite map (cassini for me)

That in of itself wouldn't be so bad if the gameplay was actually compelling (I could play killing floor west london a billion times over and have fun) but it is not. So take your irrational and sentimental rose colored glasses off and see that the writing was on the wall for a while.

DE was and is milking us with fluff for their plat sales and haven't shown much initiative for anything else for a long time now.

The Chinese company Perfect Online definitely has an interest in acquiring DE's shares. Why? Because Perfect Online is likely going to be the publisher for the Xbox One version of Warframe in China.

Frequently, when a developer wants to publish a game in a different country, they have to seek out a publisher belonging to that country. It's why many American or European developed games get published by Square Enix in Japan, or Japanese games get published by Atlus in the US and Namco Bandai elsewhere.

In this case, from all of the evidence, I suspect that Perfect Online is looking into DE as a business partner for Warframe in China.

That had been my thought in my lucidity, it would seem like the most likely reason for PW's involvement. However might be due to the......history surrounding PW that has made many worry about possible repercussions.

I digress, I am not going to make any conclusions until the actual fact happened. 

Although I am somewhat shocked about this development, I am not entirely willing to panic or get demoralised from what is essentially still speculation and fear-filled rumours. Until the black & white confirmation by DE actually happens, I will just hope that all the speculation remains just that.

But, man, can you imagine the outcry if confirmed? Good grief. Talk about the nuclear option. When really the appropriate response would be ::crickets::

I've added a note at the beginning of the OP with a link to the incredibly objective and insightful Reddit page, along with a note to read it before jumping to conclusions.

Might help some calm their Boobens.

I'm happy you and many others are looking into it and informing people best you can, one of my friends told me in panic and showing him what you've said chilled him out.

Your(and everyone with cool heads is) awesome and you should feel awesome.