Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

But, man, can you imagine the outcry if confirmed? Good grief. Talk about the nuclear option. When really the appropriate response would be ::crickets::

I can imagine it all so vividly sir, like I said though I still hold on to hope from the sheer uncertainty of what is about to happen in the future. If the worst-case scenario happens, I would cross the bridge then.

Hello Everyone,

With the recent news of Perfect World acquiring/trying to acquire DE, I am honestly worried. Perfect World destroys everything it touches.

I am hoping DE isn’t in it for the money and they stay true to their vision.

I hope they decide to go the Street Fighter way since there are similarities between both the teams and I believe it can work out as well for DE as it did for Joey Ansah and Christian Howard

1.       Both teams love their respective projects:

If you look at the DE dev team and Street Fighter team of Christian Howard and Joey Ansah, you would find that they are both passionate about their respective projects. They want to do it right. This was one of the main reasons Christian Howard and Joey Ansah didn’t join up with any Hollywood big shots since they would lose creative control and that would be the end. I am honestly worried that DE will lose what makes them special and that will cause fans to walk away.

2.       There are other options available:

If it’s a question of money for development, the community has already agreed to step up. You guys can start a kickstarter and we will support you. Else you can go for a private backer but PLEASE find a backer who shares the same creative vision as you.

Street Fighter Assasins Fist:

The series started a Kickstarter crowdsource funding campaign in order to source funds for production. The campaign was cancelled on April 17, 2013 when private backers stepped forward with the money necessary, removing the need for the crowdsource funds.

Source: http://streetfighter.wikia.com/wiki/Street_Fighter:_Assassin's_Fist

Street Fighter Kickstarter video

Street Fighter Assasins Fist Behind the scenes

3.       You guys are already successful

If you stay true to your creative visions, I have no doubt Warframe can be one of the best games ever.

Street Fighter Assasins Fist:

"And that's how Legacy happened. It was financed by them. The irony is, it came out and broke YouTube records and had a 98.8% approval rating. And I was like, 'What part of you guys thought this wasn't going to be a success?'"

Source: http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/may/24/street-fighter-assassins-fist-director-joey-ansah-talks-about-capcom-getting-cold-feet-sf-legacy-mike-moh-ryu-preparing-his-role/

Thank you for reading.

Sorry for the rant, but i felt i had to do something else the DE we know and love might be a memory:(

Ever heard of EA? Apparently PW is their chinese F2P equivalent, greedy and focused on only making games a money sinkhole without any actual care for the gameplay content.

i would rather play an EA game than PW....

I have already advised my clanmates and alliance members(around 3000 players) to stop buying platinum until DE's official response about this.

We are very familiar with PW's capability of turning awesome games into mindless money sinks. So it is better to stop paying for a would be money-sink game sooner than later. We will resume our normal platinum purchase when DE denies PW's investment or when we are made sure PW's involvement will not affect the future development of Warframe(might take a few month).

totally agree with this post and spreading the word amongst my clanmates ( broframe ) to do the same.

So this post is just going to be sucked into the Threadnaught as it speeds towards a digital singularity. But I want to bring up this post that was brought up on r/warframe

https://www.facebook.com/digitalextremes/posts/10152197916298461

DE is opening a branch in California, and from the post it looks like the California site will be focusing on Warframe. It would make no sense that DE's higher ups would decide to break ground in California for their flagship title, and less then a week later decide to sell the whole thing off.

It's because DE isn't selling Warframe to anyone. China has very different laws from the rest of the world, and it has been brought up time and time again that China doesn't do business with outside entities without a Chinese company representing them. DE is selling a portion of their shares to PW in order for PW to represent them so they can make progress into getting into china when XB1 is released there. DE will then most likely take the money they obtain in the selling of shares and use that to seed the new California branch.

I was as outraged as the lot of you when I first heard the news, but now that the rage in me has subsided and I can look at things clearly as a rational person, it becomes more and more clear that we are all over-reacting to the news. Is this panic justifiable given the the track record of PW? Sure, but if you can look past this and at the bigger picture I think you can see it as what it is.

Edited by Xenoiaos

Community MOD did it happend

Nothing's happened yet.

Chances are DE hasn't responded because there's nothing to respond with. All of the evidence suggests that DE is only contemplating going into business relations, and that no money/stocks/whathave you have changed hands. All there is is a non-binding agreement that DE will consider selling a % of their stocks which they determine to Perfect Online. That's it.

And that the people with the authority to answer these sorts of questions are busy trying to figure out what they want to do before they make a comment.

So this post is just going to be sucked into the Threadnaught as it speeds towards a digital singularity. But I want to bring up this post that was brought up on r/warframe

https://www.facebook.com/digitalextremes/posts/10152197916298461

DE is opening a branch in California, and from the post it looks like the California site will be focusing on Warframe. It would make no sense that DE's higher ups would decide to break ground in California for their flaghsip title, and less then a week later decide to sell the whole thing off.

It's because DE isn't selling Warframe to anyone. China is has very different laws from the rest of the world, and it has been brought up time and time again that China doesn't do business with outside entities without a Chinese company representing them. DE is selling a portion of their shares to PW in order for PW to represent them so they can make progress into getting into china when XB1 is released there. DE will then most likely take the money they obtain in the sell and use that to seed the new California branch.

Quoting for glorious truth and sensibility. Logically, this is what everything we ACTUALLY know is pointing to.

Nothing's happened yet.

Chances are DE hasn't responded because there's nothing to respond with. All of the evidence suggests that DE is only contemplating going into business relations, and that no money/stocks/whathave you have changed hands. All there is is a non-binding agreement that DE will consider selling a % of their stocks which they determine to Perfect Online. That's it.

And that the people with the authority to answer these sorts of questions are busy trying to figure out what they want to do before they make a comment.

Quoting for glorious truth and sensibility. Logically, this is what everything we ACTUALLY know is pointing to.

Ty for heads up

Haven't heard? I actually rechecked the mega thread, now it's "possibly" buying DE out. There's a chance for the sellers to back out though still, and it is unknown how much of DE is on the market (percent wise of the shares)

Assuming they buy enough shares it's more or less the same thing, they get control of the company if they have more than 50%. But yeah, it would be stupid if DE put more than 50% of themselves up for sale.

But hey, DE has done some pretty dumb things before.

Depends on what shares...outstanding shares are the shares that give controlling interest and voting power.  The shares that are not outstanding do not come into play until brought into play which makes them vulnerable to be bought by another entity.