Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone Know Any Good Games To Play?

DarthRevan84

I actually enjoyed that whole story.

Players got mad because even the happiest ending wasn't necessarily happy, but the best endings aren't.

No, the problem is there is no indication of WTF is happening, what the Catalyst is actually supposed to be, what its history with the Reapers is or why it can affect them, why it wants to cooperate, or how it can rewrite every living being to be a cybernetic hybrid (the ending I chose as the best solution). For that matter it's never even explained what the Reapers are actually about, why they abduct and process people.

It's just baffling and inexplicable and nothing that you do up until the ending seems to have any effect whatsoever. It's a convoluted mess of ideas that they never even try and tie together. It's insulting to the people that put hundreds of hours into the game enjoying the epic story and it's insulting to their own studio that their quality control literally committed suicide in the 11th hour.

THAT is why players got mad.

No, the problem is there is no indication of WTF is happening, what the Catalyst is actually supposed to be, what its history with the Reapers is or why it can affect them, why it wants to cooperate, or how it can rewrite every living being to be a cybernetic hybrid (the ending I chose as the best solution). For that matter it's never even explained what the Reapers are actually about, why they abduct and process people.

It's just baffling and inexplicable and nothing that you do up until the ending seems to have any effect whatsoever. It's a convoluted mess of ideas that they never even try and tie together. It's insulting to the people that put hundreds of hours into the game enjoying the epic story and it's insulting to their own studio that their quality control literally committed suicide in the 11th hour.

THAT is why players got mad.

With respect....

It boggles my mind that you and the previous poster actually drop in and post spoilers to a game that you've already played. One with a dynamic ending no less.

I could have argued 10twenty4's point (who also literally posted a spoiler link)... I didn't. It wasn't an accident.

You can't be respectful to the fact that I allowed myself to be vague because I knew someone in this thread hadn't played it?

Really?!?!

You just couldn't be bothered to put that in a spoiler tags?

I see your posts all the time Momaw and I, genuinely, would have expected better of you.

If you still don't understand what those things were and how they fit I suggest you wiki it.

While it won't help you now, I didn't have those issues at all, but I didn't skip dialogue at all either. Any chance you might have skipped some?

You just couldn't be bothered to put that in a spoiler tags?

Mass Effect 3 is now over two years old.  Surely there is some kind of rational cutoff date where people no longer have the right to be outraged about spoilers?

Mass Effect 3 is now over two years old.  Surely there is some kind of rational cutoff date where people no longer have the right to be outraged about spoilers?

Not in my opinion...

Do you have any clue how old A Game Of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire series) is?

I have had to keep my mouth shut for years.... a lot of years.

It's been worth it, too... So many times.

It's just a basic consideration and spoiler tags are free.

It's cool if you don't agree with my assertions here or in regard to ME3... I didn't have your questions and you likely didn't have mine.

Different people process the same information differently.

I enjoyed the ending... But, I enjoyed the ending to The Dark Tower too and that pissed a lot of people off as well.

Go figure.

Not in my opinion...

Do you have any clue how old A Game Of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire series) is?

I have had to keep my mouth shut for years.... a lot of years.

It's been worth it, too... So many times.

It's just a basic consideration and spoiler tags are free.

It's cool if you don't agree with my assertions here or in regard to ME3... I didn't have your questions and you likely didn't have mine.

Different people process the same information differently.

I enjoyed the ending... But, I enjoyed the ending to The Dark Tower too and that &!$$ed a lot of people off as well.

Go figure.

Rosebud was the sled

Darth Vader was Luke's father

Deckard is a replicant

Sirius kills Dumbledore

Kamina dies

The butler did it

Game of Thrones is a bit different, since it's a currently airing TV series. Mass Effect is a two year old game. And the terrible ending was one of the biggest (but definitely not the only) complaints about it. It's practically not a spoiler so much as common knowledge.

Rosebud was the sled

Darth Vader was Luke's father

Deckard is a replicant

Sirius kills Dumbledore

Kamina dies

The butler did it

Game of Thrones is a bit different, since it's a currently airing TV series. Mass Effect is a two year old game. And the terrible ending was one of the biggest (but definitely not the only) complaints about it. It's practically not a spoiler so much as common knowledge.

A Game of Thrones is almost 20 years old, is considered to be a classic, and has an epic ending. What exactly is the point you are making?

Don't mistake common knowledge for common courtesy.

A story is always new to the person who hasn't experienced it.

+1 for the spoiler tag and contents though... I see what you did there.

I have no idea who Kamina is though.