Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone Know Any Good Games To Play?

DarthRevan84

I wouldn't be averse to finding some new games to play.  Everything I am watching (Starbound, Starsector, Age of Decadence, Wasteland, The Mandate) isn't done yet and I don't want to get involved.  I am terrible at finding games. It seems like 99% of what I glance at based on an interesting premise is console, PVP, or simply not released.

Tribes Ascend was one of the best games I have ever played, among many shooters like the once I named

Yes, "was". But with a good f2p model they could have sustained development for many years to come, yet they chose not to.

I enjoyed T:A a lot, but because they stopped developing, the game has lost a lot of their player base.

In this day and age, f2p games need periodical fresh new content.

I'm a varied gamer myself... installed and played at least semi-regularly (besides Warframe of course) are...

League of Legends

Skyrim (Modded SO hard)

Infinite Crisis

Diablo 3

Planetside 2

Neverwinter

Hearthstone

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Titanfall

Smite

DayZ

World of Warcraft

Starcraft 2

Battlefield 4

Edited by LordOda

Well, if you like space RTS (a nicche kind, I know), I suggest "Sins of a Solar Empire."

it runs on old school computers, it's very good, the maps are big (>500 planets for the biggest ones) and it comes for an handfull of cents now on steam.

I guess its time to go back to other games I used to play. If this happens, goodbye one year and 800+ hours of Warframe, I'll regret noth... everyth... I don't know, I'll just move on...

War Thunder is good and takes skill to be good at.

League of Legends, I played a lot of time (like 3 years) and invested in skins and stuff, never "officialy" quited but my last game was about 6 months ago.

Magicka: Wizard Wars has recently gone open beta so it far from being finished, but I love it anyway.

I play FF14. It's pretty fun. If you do decide to pick it up, go for the Behemoth server.

I'm doing Wildstar right now and enjoying it, tbh. The community is still tumultuous though.

I enjoyed FF14 but put it down for this game and feel I'd be missing alot coming to play after so much time.

I might take you up on that though...

How is the community there ?

I enjoyed FF14 but put it down for this game and feel I'd be missing alot coming to play after so much time.

I might take you up on that though...

How is the community there ?

I stopped playing around February. Started again last week and not a whole lot has changed. Lots of balancing has made things a bit more manageable. 

Community is pretty good for the most part, but I don't interact with it much since it's mostly just me and some friends that play together.

MMOs are always better when played with friends.

Not the reboot. 

When DmC was released, I had been playing the entire series for 12 years like the obsessive fanboy I am, and I actually liked the reboot. I didn't see what was so bad about it, I actually thought it was better than the others in certain ways.

Edited by ConcretePie

When DmC was released, I had been playing the entire series for 12 years like the obsessive fanboy I am, and I actually liked the reboot. I didn't see what was so bad about it, I actually thought it was better than the others in certain ways.

I disagree. The combat was weaker, the story was a poorly written edgefest, and of course Donte and Vorgil are awful. Maybe the level design is neat, but if that comes at the cost of 30 fps gameplay for a traditionally fast-paced game, it's not worth it.

All in all, Devil May Cry: Devil May Cry is a mediocre action game. But as a DMC game, it's an abomination.

Mass Effect series basically died for me in the last 10 minutes of ME3.  I know they tried to patch it up a little bit, but .... No, it's still the most idiotic ending to an epic video game series ever. Hundreds of hours of beautiful character and world building, and then right at the end it just goes completely off the rails and makes no sense at all.  I don't feel like there's any point to playing when I know where everything is ultimately going. I tried writing some head-canon to make it better, and I can't even do that without ripping out or adding major parts of the game. Meh.

I think not playing 3 was the smartest move I could have made. I still just have all the good memories from 1 and 2. Hehe

I actually enjoyed that whole story.

Players got mad because even the happiest ending wasn't necessarily happy, but the best endings aren't.

I actually enjoyed that whole story.

Players got mad because even the happiest ending wasn't necessarily happy, but the best endings aren't.

The problem with the endings wasn't that they were happy enough or whatever. It's that the endings were literally just a choice between 3 different colors of explosion.

The explosions in question (spoilers, naturally):

Edited by 10twenty4