Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Be Strong As A Community.

Agua

Yea-naaah.You really don't know how perfect world operates and how many online games it destroyed now do you?

Here's a hint: They WON'T adjust prices.They will simply get whatever money they still can and let the game die.

What are people like you even doing on these forums is beyond me.

They work on the Chinese model because they know it works.  Make it clear that it will not work, and that long term can be more profitable. They will adapt.They are in this to make money.

They work on the Chinese model because they know it works.  Make it clear that it will not work, and that long term can be more profitable. They will adapt.They are in this to make money.

They don't care, this isn't their first game, this is probably their 10th or 20th, if it fails, they will just move on and sell the game to the best buyer, this is destructive investing and is usually frowned upon in the west but since they're an asian company....

I really would be sad if Warframe would disappear. Hope DE doesnt make a deal with them. It'll be hard to deny a large sum of money, but its possible. What other ways would there be for Perfect World to get Warframe?

Well as Letter13 indicated to us yesterday (I realize he's another player just like us and not officially DE staff) the reddit post says that Perfect World has shown interest/purchased outstanding shares in DE. Which doesn't explicitly mean that they now own DE or have a controlling interest in the company.

DE Steve's post this morning mentioned "for legal reasons" so he's certainly not denying that something with Perfect World is in the works.

For Perfect World to "get Warframe" they would either purchase the game itself (the intellectual property that it is) or have a controlling interest in DE.

I still think that while the news is daunting, that we shouldn't go all doom and gloom yet.  If we start noticing terrible cash shop changes, impossible grinds for new items or past times, and/or expiring gear, then it's really over (at least for me.)

They don't care, this isn't their first game, this is probably their 10th or 20th, if it fails, they will just move on and sell the game to the best buyer, this is destructive investing and is usually frowned upon in the west but since they're an asian company....

It's fine to judge PWE as a company, but don't go generalizing about Asian companies vs. business "in the west" because this (flipping businesses?) is not a practice limited only to Asians.

I'm tired of folks not knowing how business really works over in Asia making generalizations and assumptions like this.  Have you even been to Asia?  What do you really know about Asia (or China for that matter) beyond those couple dozen articles about Foxconn and the like and the sweatshops making Apple products.  Do you know that there's lots more going on in China than most "Westerners" realize?

Edited by sushidubya

It's mostly still speculation at this point. Best we can do is hope DE plays their cards right. Another PWE game, Blacklight: Retribution did just fine despite whatever hand this "evil corporation" had in it's development. Of course, they did ditch PWE later, probably because PWE are kind of terrible.

Edited by OK9ZERA

Enough with this.

Noone even knows the details of this situation.

If PWE ruins Warframe, then fine, let it die.

DE eventually will make Warframe 2 or something.

But I think they will make the right decision.

Well as Letter13 indicated to us yesterday (I realize he's another player just like us and not officially DE staff) the reddit post says that Perfect World has shown interest/purchased outstanding shares in DE. Which doesn't explicitly mean that they now own DE or have a controlling interest in the company.

I haven't seen the Reddit post and I'm not sure what Letter13 said but I will say this:

Buying all outstanding shares = 100% shareholder vote in a compnay.

If the deal does go through and they are indeed buying all outstanding shares the only slim chance that PW doesn't take the wheel would be if DE has enough treasury shares and re-issues them to take 51% or more of the shareholder votes.  Whether or not re-issuing treasury shares like that when another company is buying all outstanding shares is legal is not a question I can answer with certainty, I personally doubt that they can legitimately do that though.

Outstanding shares = ALL shares that have been issued that are currently held by an investor.

Treasury shares = Shares of a company that were bought back by the same company that issued the shares.  Does not pay dividends and does not hold shareholder voting power.

The statements made by PW and that food company do imply that (provided they are true) they will be taking explicit control of DE should the deal go through.

It's fine to judge PWE as a company, but don't go generalizing about Asian companies vs. business "in the west" because this (flipping businesses?) is not a practice limited only to Asians.

I'm tired of folks not knowing how business really works over in Asia making generalizations and assumptions like this.  Have you even been to Asia?  What do you really know about Asia (or China for that matter) beyond those couple dozen articles about Foxconn and the like and the sweatshops making Apple products.  Do you know that there's lots more going on in China than most "Westerners" realize?

dude, reread my post, I said "frowned upon", never said anything about it being sanctioned or penalized, and when I said "but since they're an asian company..." I MIGHT have implied, maybe, that I have no idea how asian markets work? why do you assume I implied the exact same opposite (as in, asian markets do not frown upon flipping businesses)?

and besides, you still don't address the point that none of this matters because PWE can easily just milk warframe and abandon it when people start boycotting them, and it will not incur in big losses, since they already have hundreds of other investments in place.

dude, reread my post, I said "frowned upon", never said anything about it being sanctioned or penalized, and when I said "but since they're an asian company..." I MIGHT have implied, maybe, that I have no idea how asian markets work? why do you assume I implied the exact same opposite (as in, asian markets do not frown upon flipping businesses)?

and besides, you still don't address the point that none of this matters because PWE can easily just milk warframe and abandon it when people start boycotting them, and it will not incur in big losses, since they already have hundreds of other investments in place.

I re-read your post and stand behind my reply.  My point is that you should leave the whole "Asian company" vs "the West" out of this discussion.  I don't think it's significant because the practice of "flipping businesses" is practiced both over here and overseas.

I don't have to address anything lol.  I'm not here to solve problems, etc. and  I'm posting my thoughts on the matter just like you.

Had a bit of hope for the community following the recent news and how it responded.

It all got OBLITERATED the second people started cheering to a response along the lines of:

"H-heheh.Hey guyse its all going to be ok.I can't tell you anything but the design will remain in our hands." (with the understood implication) "even if perfect world are the ones guiding our hands!"

and saw replies along the lines:

"YAY DE OMG ITS K XDDDDDDD"

"DE for president!"

"yay stoopid ppl no longer spam threds nao :D:D:D:D"

and the ever present "Thanks DE".

There is zero reason to calm down until we get an official response regarding the paperwork.

INB4 some shill starts yelling at me.The whole bloody reason I'm posting things like this is because I like this game and I don't want it to end up in perfect worlds septic tank.

And don't talk yo me about having "faith" in digital extremes because business deals aren't decided with your heart but with your brain.If there are enough money involved warframe goes down the drain.

I woke up this morning and saw the ultrathread gone. Then I found the message thread.

Expected vague message. I scrolled down.

I couldn't believe my eyes.

"THE POPE HAS SPOKEN!!!! 8D"

Well, this is when you feel how powerless we really are. You might have paid a sh*tload of money on the game, be the highest ranking founder but even then, you watch horrified as a company, legendary of it's disaster of a history in this area of games is coming in for your treasure.

And Warframe even started as a "lovechild", independent from other companies because DE wanted it to be the way they wanted it to be. It's sad that people that can't see further than their nose hold the most money and power in the world and those with a real brain in their heads can only watch and pray that they don't mess things up like countless times before.

Fat chance. Sorry but I'm pessimistic about this. I've been playing quite a bit for now, numerous games and as the business evolved so did the games devolve.

Time to take out the old games that do not require constant support from their company and start modding them to hell. For old times' sake.

Okay, that's depressing. Let's hope for the best but I would rather have a positive disappointment (in english that somehow sounds weird) in the end instead of believing in the best outcome just to get shot down...

Edited by K_Shiro

Well, this is when you feel how powerless we really are. You might have paid a sh*tload of money on the game, be the highest ranking founder but even then, you watch horrified as a company, legendary of it's disaster of a history in this area of games is coming in for your treasure.

And Warframe even started as a "lovechild", independent from other companies because DE wanted it to be the way they wanted it to be. It's sad that people that can't see further than their nose hold the most money and power in the world and those with a real brain in their heads can only watch and pray that they don't mess things up like countless times before.

Fat chance. Sorry but I'm pessimistic about this. I've been playing quite a bit for now, numerous games and as the business evolved so did the games devolve.

Time to take out the old games that do not require constant support from their company and start modding them to hell. For the old times' sake.

Depressing.

This is also an opportunity for a lot of players here to learn from.

Never invest your emotions in businesses.

Appreciate them if they make shinies you like, but never be naive and think they're your buddies.

So, if ever that happens, REMEMBER that we as a community are STRONG.

We said the same thing in the back of a cattle truck on the way to boot when I was young and stupid. DIs broke us in an afternoon. Trust me, standing together never worked for anybody except for the British when they formed a thin red line.

I'm going to wait and see what happens.

Maybe Warframe's design isn't noticeably affected by all this. Maybe things get ugly, and I can't stick with Warframe.

Whatever happens with this game, I will remember the experience our current Dev team built for us. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'll be watching where these people go. I'll be following the things they do. These guys and gals have earned my loyalty, not because they're perfect but because they're the best I've come into contact with.

I suppose that at the end of the day I don't much care what big companies and profit-seeking do on the "business" side of the games I love and play. I care about passion and ethos, and Steve et al have more than enough of both.

Skanas up, Tenno.