Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Too Many Mods In Game...

Xardis

Now in game there are so many mods that for players who just started their fun its too hard to drop something useful (serration, hornet strike, basic elemental mods, etc.). My idea is to take mods that have the same stats (damage, elements, multishot, crit, punch thought, status, reload, magazine, ammo mutation and many others) and fuse them into one mod for each stat (this is only for main weapons and sidearms) for egz: serration being the same mod for rifle shotgun and pistols. I know that there would be a problem with the same mod being equipped into two weapons at the same time. There are three solutions for this problem; 1 - allow for those mods to be equipped but only for those mods (I would hate to rank up another 2 serration to rank 10); 2 - ranking up those mods would spawn 3 identical and linked together mod (ranking up one would rank up the rest); 3 - make all mods 10 rank for weapons into same stat 5 rank mods.

The other problem is the ability mods dropping from normal mobs. As was suggested some time ago make all those mods drop only from spectes both in dark sectors conflicts and craftabels.

Hope you like my idea and tell me what you think about it.

It was talked about not long ago on a devstream. Scott said there will be tiered mods (specifically Serration) that can be ranked up easier by newer players without having to sink 500 R5s into it.

That would be cool but at the same devstream DE talked also about implementing stronger versions of mods like rare serration. Im not sure what did they ment by that but it didnt sound right.

That would be cool but at the same devstream DE talked also about implementing stronger versions of mods like rare serration. Im not sure what did they ment by that but it didnt sound right.

At this stage, it could be anything, unless the details are confirmed.

It could just be another damage mod that's harder to get and/or harder to rank up. It'd probably give you more damage in the later game.

It was talked about not long ago on a devstream. Scott said there will be tiered mods (specifically Serration) that can be ranked up easier by newer players without having to sink 500 R5s into it.

If I understand this correctly, that means a player can merely send say, a Serration to a low Mastery rank alt, perhaps with a few rare cores. That alt can then fuse the max rank with barely any problem, and send it back to the main for profit

I thought he said they were throwing around the idea of. Don't recall them confirming anything. 

About the ingame mailbox - why not implement the mechanic like this: when you kill a boss for the first time you get the message from Lotus with some mods relayting to this boss and some cool blueprints like catalist or reactor - it would be a nice addition for new player experience. I remember that I got my first catalist about 2 moths after i started playing and reactor I got from login reward in about 2 months later. I have now about 7 orokin reactors blue and 1 waiting for RihnoP and now catalist. Now you can get catalist or reactor blue every 2 weeks just after devstreams and not so long ago there were suspicius shipments alerts (it would be cool if this would be every 3-4 months for about 3-5 days long - the alerts apearing for this time not haveing this duration). It would be also cool if you could get from those messages: orokin cell pack and R5 fussion cores pack; void keys; XP and credits 5 day boosters. Those item (potatoes, void keys,  you could also get for very good scoring like solo 40m survival or 50 wave defence or somthing like that.

Mods like Serration, Hornet Strike and such are just an awful idea to begin with and should be removed entirely. Weapons themselves should be powerful, and should gain power from leveling them up.

I agree, for the most part. Serration and other +damage mods prevent varied mod loadouts, and make the damage type mods (+puncture, +slash, etc) worthless. You cannot have a viable gun build without serration, and it creates a huge divide between old and new players. Making a quest that's guaranteed to provide a serration mod would only be a stop gap, and doesn't address the real issue.

Make the base damage of a weapon itself moddable, e.g. apply fusion cores to make your braton a braton+1. Or simply buff the base damages/nerf the base defenses of everything.

Too bad all those corpus merchants would complain about not being able to sell their maxed serrations anymore, so it would never happen.