The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A New Warframe Idea

kanzu

Hello, this is my first time making a topic here so be gentle :)

And forgive me if this is in the wrong area.

I started thinking about a new warframe, The name of the warframe would be "Akoluthos"

The unique part of this warframe is the fact that it has a jacket. What is open on the front. Somewhat of a long vest with sleeves. The color of the jacket can be changed in the attatchments menu.

The frame itself would be a meele type.

1st ability:Moving strike

energy:25

Description: Launches Akoluthos forward finishing with a stab. (could use some work)

2nd ability:Smokey death

energy:15

Description: Akoluthos drops a smoke bomb to blind enemies for 10 seconds (could use some work. 10 seconds because it wont really take that long to kill some enemies or to get away)

3rd ability:Shield wall

energy:50

Description: Akoluthos creates a shield what will sustain damage for a time

4th ability: Shuriken massacre 

energy: 100

Description: Akoluthos starts throwing shurikens everywhere for 30 seconds. 

The descriptions could use re-wording, but the point is clear.

And as usual the abilities can be upgraded to last longer and do more damage.

To get this warframe you need to get the drops, like oberon.

NOTE: because im not really that "good" i will do these next ones with the 1/10 scales

health: 6/10

energy:7/10

armor:4/10

shield:8/10

speed:10/10

Sorry for no concept art, its because i am bad at those.

Excalibur is the warframe of blades & blade attacks or balance and there is already smoke screen (ash's 2nd) electric shield (Volt's 3rd) shuriken massacre is alot of shuriken (ash's 1st) and the melee is mainly Excalibur (Excalibur is the name of a legendary sword so Excalibur is melee)

so ash & excalibur mashed together along with an ability of volt's (Shield Wall)

Ok...im kinda hoping to save this idea. So i tought about some new abilities.

And as always the names and description would need work

1st ability:Pain throw

Description: Throw your meele weapon at the enemy and after the hit Akoluthos jump to the weapon and gets it back

2nd ability:Breaker

Description: Akoluthos debuffs the armor of enemies or depletes the enemy shield by 20%(can be improved to remove more)

Energy:50

3rd ability:Killer

description: Akoluthos lunges forward. If he hits an enemy he makes the enemy fall and starts smashing/stabbing/shooting the downed enemy (all depends on what weapon is being used)

energy:60

4th ability: Weapon malfunction

Description: Akoluthos creates a small shockwave disabling enemy weapons for 15 seconds, for infested it just stuns them. (Lets say you are outnumbered by a bunf of grineer enemies, use this and their weapons become useless for 15 seconds and you just kill em, the effect can be upgraded to be longer)

Description: Throw your meele weapon at the enemy and after the hit Akoluthos jump to the weapon and gets it back

Description: Akoluthos debuffs the armor of enemies or depletes the enemy shield by 20%(can be improved to remove more)

description: Akoluthos lunges forward. If he hits an enemy he makes the enemy fall and starts smashing/stabbing/shooting the downed enemy (all depends on what weapon is being used)

Description: Akoluthos creates a small shockwave disabling enemy weapons for 15 seconds, for infested it just stuns them. (Lets say you are outnumbered by a bunf of grineer enemies, use this and their weapons become useless for 15 seconds and you just kill em, the effect can be upgraded to be longer)

is Pain Throw like the Glaive

Breaker almost reminds me of mag's shield polarize except weaker

Killer sounds good but you know the Rhino Charge/Slash Dash/Tidal Surge + finisher is what i think it is.

and Weapon Malfunction sounds like Loki's Radial Disarm.

Are you rushing and do you research the warframes, this is called "A New Warframe Idea" so you can do any frame element by editing.

1 sounds like Glaive meets Ripline meets Melee Teleport

2 could be interesting if it worked like Shield Polarize but on armor instead of shields (removes armor while dealing damage equal to the former armor value)

3 could be powerful considering it's implied to be dealing rapid finisher damage which bypasses armor and shields, and IMO could be interesting if it had a different animation based on your currently equipped weapon

4 sounds like Loki's Radial Disarm- how about it stuns enemies and deals damage based on their weapon clip size by detonating their weapon clips (melee attackers just get stunned)? Could also deal its damage in a small radius around each target since, you know, their ammo clips are exploding.

What you said could work. And i already meant that at 3. And everythin what you said is good. So the forst ability would be this

Name could use work

name:whack

description: Akoluthos charges up a stab with the currently equipped meele weapon.  

Ok so Hunter126 has some good advice, but you don't have to find a completely new niche like he's saying. If you want to make a melee frame, I'd look for inspiration from other frames that buff melee abilities. See how they buff melee, and how they emphasize melee, but make the abilities play differently.

I like the "pain throw" ability, although maybe you could make it carry over the stats of the melee weapon and fly in an arc so it's not a melee death laser like the glaive.

The reducing armor skill is a good idea. I also saw a suggestion in another thread for an ability that would switch your armor value and an enemy's armor value, that might be cool.

The third ability is interesting and could be very powerful, it would be cool if it used a special animation instead of the normal finished, like a dashing impale for longswords or a grapple takedown for fists. I like where this one is going.

I like the idea for the 4th, though it sounds a lot like radial disarm...I don't really know what would fit here, but if this frame is meant to be focused around melee it should be something that incentivizes melee combat. There would be no reason to run over to a stunned and stationary enemy when you and your teammates could just shoot all of them much faster.

Vaugahn, with "pain throw" i was thinking that. And the armor skill could come also. And on the third one i was thinking of an animation. For example. When he does hit the enemy with lets say...dual pistols. He will stand on the downed enemy and shoot at the enemy.

But with the fourth one. I cant think of anything :/ Thinking of a giant move is hard and since pretty much everything is done.

I was thinking something along the lines of Jarvan's ult from League...he creates an arena around himself for a short time to keep an enemy in close combat. Maybe something like that? And for the 3rd the animations should probably be pretty short, or else you'll get blasted by some other enemy.

do not make it close to ash's shuriken and blade storm

for Killer i picture sometimes speeding up to them then jumping over their heads and grabbing them, ford flipping and throwing them up into the air then before falling onto the ground shoots them with dual pistols.

or

grappling them with ropes, bringing them in close then jumping on their shoulders and stab their head or chop it of or stabbing shoulder or chest.

Edited by Hunter126

kanzu you know how to do this right

if you don't it's like

[ spoiler ] type text here and remove the spaces next to the brackets at the start and end [/spoiler ]

and then there's this

click on the second spoiler

you do the same thing but 2 times like [ spoiler ] [ spoiler ] type text and again remove the spaces from the brackets, got it then at the end you go [/spoiler ] [/spoiler ] and remove the spaces because there are no spaces but this is the only way i can show you

I wanna show you this because you don't use them kanzu

Edited by Hunter126