Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trinity And Some Buff With Link

ZERUELhun

Just a simple think: Trinity's link be on-off.
I think it is a good idea, and this is a buff what i think for Tryn.
Or do some things with well of life. Like overload the aimed warframe's health points to 150% if his health not below 100%.

a togglable Ability isn't a 'buff'.

it is however, a possibility.

if all Well of Life would do is overcap Health, it still wouldn't have that much use.

needs to be team useful, Solo useful, and not be overshadowed by Blessing. in fact, it's Healing abilities should probably outrank Blessing, to make it appear worthwhile to anyone. (i do like the 'moving Healing Aura' idea, to reinforce squad cohesion).

Well of life becoming a massive HP buff would be EPIC. It would be especially useful for giving your team more of cushion before going down.

Making the link a toggle would be fantastic.

I would also like it if they made it so that blessing took shields into account when calculating how much resistance to give, And it would be great to be able to recast blessing before the duration is up. Currently there are two builds you can go for, max duration and try to get your team uber resistance by healing someone at like 5% health, or you can go with minimum duration to spam heals (spam heals is far easier to execute and in my experience far more effective) so making it so that having a long duration blessing doesn't lock down your healing ability would be great.

Well of life becoming a massive HP buff would be EPIC. It would be especially useful for giving your team more of cushion before going down.

Making the link a toggle would be fantastic.

I would also like it if they made it so that blessing took shields into account when calculating how much resistance to give, And it would be great to be able to recast blessing before the duration is up. Currently there are two builds you can go for, max duration and try to get your team uber resistance by healing someone at like 5% health, or you can go with minimum duration to spam heals (spam heals is far easier to execute and in my experience far more effective) so making it so that having a long duration blessing doesn't lock down your healing ability would be great.

So

I use neither of those and it works out really well

Edited by Azawarau

So

Share your build?

And, well, Trinity needs her abilities reworked agian, anyway. I would fully support a toggle Link, would make all of her skill synergize with Fleeting build much more. 

Then again, should we consider Fleeting builds the thing to aim at?

I would propose to change WoL into a healing AoE, that can overheal if you're on 100% health, and maybe reduce damage from Bleed and other DoT procs. Having it being usable on an enemy is a fairly silly thing. Make it also restore "bleedout" points when affected warframe is down, maybe to the point of reviving if your duration is small enough.

Then, we would be left with EV and Blessing to rework into shape.

I know EV is rather bearable with a fleeting build, but it's still likely that team is going to kill whatever you try to EV before it goes through, even with current WoL. I think EV would be better as a selfcast ability, that radiates 1-4 pulses of energy like current EV does, but based on damage Trin deals. Though the damage isn't too consistent in this game and you'd end up getting all four pulses at once anyway. Maybe, it would be better off based on kills, but then it's not useful against bosses any more, in place it owns right now (when players don't instakill said bosses). Perhaps, it could be made to have Link interact with it somehow, say a pulse per linked enemy killed?

Blessing... I just don't know. Currently it is a go-to healing spam ability, and the most efficient build consists of using fleeting to spam the hell out of it, while not getting killed yourself. I would propose it giving players a regen effect, say 100 health per second, with constant, uninterruptable shield regen at 10x it's normal speed, coupled with inability to go below 1 hp. To not make it too op, it would have a range, cast around a point of the level trinity is aiming at, with frames inside being risen up if they were down instantly, and frames outside receiving 10% of the effect, and inability to bleed out.

U5lgyXR.jpg

Currently get about 18 seconds on blessing and 21 on link with slightly above average range

Planning to add a lower rank blessing so i get about 10 seconds of DR and either streamline or intensify for sustainability and better efficiency with E Vamp

Share your build?

And, well, Trinity needs her abilities reworked agian, anyway. I would fully support a toggle Link, would make all of her skill synergize with Fleeting build much more. 

Then again, should we consider Fleeting builds the thing to aim at?

I would propose to change WoL into a healing AoE, that can overheal if you're on 100% health, and maybe reduce damage from Bleed and other DoT procs. Having it being usable on an enemy is a fairly silly thing. Make it also restore "bleedout" points when affected warframe is down, maybe to the point of reviving if your duration is small enough.

Then, we would be left with EV and Blessing to rework into shape.

I know EV is rather bearable with a fleeting build, but it's still likely that team is going to kill whatever you try to EV before it goes through, even with current WoL. I think EV would be better as a selfcast ability, that radiates 1-4 pulses of energy like current EV does, but based on damage Trin deals. Though the damage isn't too consistent in this game and you'd end up getting all four pulses at once anyway. Maybe, it would be better off based on kills, but then it's not useful against bosses any more, in place it owns right now (when players don't instakill said bosses). Perhaps, it could be made to have Link interact with it somehow, say a pulse per linked enemy killed?

Blessing... I just don't know. Currently it is a go-to healing spam ability, and the most efficient build consists of using fleeting to spam the hell out of it, while not getting killed yourself. I would propose it giving players a regen effect, say 100 health per second, with constant, uninterruptable shield regen at 10x it's normal speed, coupled with inability to go below 1 hp. To not make it too op, it would have a range, cast around a point of the level trinity is aiming at, with frames inside being risen up if they were down instantly, and frames outside receiving 10% of the effect, and inability to bleed out.

I like your "self buff" ideas... perhaps well of life/energy vampire should be self buffs that heal/give energy to the team/trinity based on the damage trinity does. It would be far more fitting given the nature of the game is fast paced killing. Trying to kill and watch your ally's bars at the same time can be incredibly difficult, and this would really free up trinity to be more of a ninja with support abilities rather than a 'sit and watch health bars' healer. That or the abilities could be team buffs that make your allies heal/gain energy based on the damage they do. This would prevent a scenario in which allies need healing but trinity has no enemies around to murder to generate health/energy for her allies, thought that might be considered balancing and retain blessing's utility.

However, blessing could be changed to function kind of like sentinel's regen ability. It could be a "blessing" you cast on your team and when they receive lethal damage, it kicks in and heals them to full. Or it could a free respawn after you go down without consuming a revive, but only if cast before you go down.

So

I can't really argue with your perception of how trinity works. I don't know what content you run or with whom to compare how your trinity performs. What you might consider to work out really well might be entirely lack luster in my book.

I can't really argue with your perception of how trinity works. I don't know what content you run or with whom to compare how your trinity performs. What you might consider to work out really well might be entirely lack luster in my book.

I use it in everything from star chart alerts to T4s

Second most favorite frame

I use it in everything from star chart alerts to T4s

Second most favorite frame

Still doesn't give me any frame of reference for how well your trinity actually works, lol. There's a huge difference between sticking it out in a T4 survival to 20 or making it to 40+, or going to wave 20 of T4 defense or making it to wave 40+ So saying you do T4 with it doesn't help. Additionally, how far you get isn't entirely dependent on your frame, it also depends on your team and how good they are, what auras they are running, what team restores they bring/use, etc.

In my experience, a trinity with any amount of duration ultimately suffers because energy vampire only gets dragged out, I find well of life in its current form entirely useless, and link is epic, but I don't use that either as it conflicts with my spam heal build... because casting blessing locks down your healing ability until the timer runs out. So if you heal and have 20 seconds of blessing but your team is getting wiped despite whatever amount of resistance they gained from your first application of blessing, you can't heal them for 20 seconds, and that might be enough time for them to all die... lame. Which is why I go for the spam build because yo-yo-ing my team mates from almost dead to full every 5 seconds has proven more useful/effective than any measure of duration. But that's just my experience.

Still doesn't give me any frame of reference for how well your trinity actually works, lol. There's a huge difference between sticking it out in a T4 survival to 20 or making it to 40+, or going to wave 20 of T4 defense or making it to wave 40+ So saying you do T4 with it doesn't help. Additionally, how far you get isn't entirely dependent on your frame, it also depends on your team and how good they are, what auras they are running, what team restores they bring/use, etc.

In my experience, a trinity with any amount of duration ultimately suffers because energy vampire only gets dragged out, I find well of life in its current form entirely useless, and link is epic, but I don't use that either as it conflicts with my spam heal build... because casting blessing locks down your healing ability until the timer runs out. So if you heal and have 20 seconds of blessing but your team is getting wiped despite whatever amount of resistance they gained from your first application of blessing, you can't heal them for 20 seconds, and that might be enough time for them to all die... lame. Which is why I go for the spam build because yo-yo-ing my team mates from almost dead to full every 5 seconds has proven more useful/effective than any measure of duration. But that's just my experience.

I havnt gotten past wave 25 T 4 D because my team ditches me every time but on survival i lasted quite a while with link and blessing together

Link is really an invaluable tool

Without it youre risking your own life too greatly and might be a liability to the team

And trinity is kind of a weapon dependent frame so when i e vamp and enemy i headshot it immediately for energy

If my team is dying even with heavy DR theyre either badly modded for the run or its time to run away

Edited by Azawarau

I like your "self buff" ideas... perhaps well of life/energy vampire should be self buffs that heal/give energy to the team/trinity based on the damage trinity does. It would be far more fitting given the nature of the game is fast paced killing. Trying to kill and watch your ally's bars at the same time can be incredibly difficult, and this would really free up trinity to be more of a ninja with support abilities rather than a 'sit and watch health bars' healer. That or the abilities could be team buffs that make your allies heal/gain energy based on the damage they do. This would prevent a scenario in which allies need healing but trinity has no enemies around to murder to generate health/energy for her allies, thought that might be considered balancing and retain blessing's utility.

However, blessing could be changed to function kind of like sentinel's regen ability. It could be a "blessing" you cast on your team and when they receive lethal damage, it kicks in and heals them to full. Or it could a free respawn after you go down without consuming a revive, but only if cast before you go down.

Yeah, I like that kind of blessing, though it stil needs a bit more oomph to it to justify being an 'ultimate'. I think it should also affect actually downed teammembers in the range too. Maybe for extra energy?

The EV should be a duration-based ability, though. And the duration should be the limiting factor of it. I think it would benefit build diversity if Trin were reliant on duration, with longer duration being beneficial for her Ult and WoL (say, make WoL toggle-able, but leave a 'regen' effect after a pulse, that heals a constant amount per tick, and can be increaced until next pulse. Or you could re-cast the ability by doubletapping it to make pulse come earlier for extra energy. I'm also assuming Link is reworked into a toggle), and being detrimental to EV, as in making you actually ration it rather than cast 'on cooldown'.

I havnt gotten past wave 25 T 4 D because my team ditches me every time but on survival i lasted quite a while with link and blessing together

Link is really an invaluable tool

Without it youre risking your own life too greatly and might be a liability to the team

And trinity is kind of a weapon dependent frame so when i e vamp and enemy i headshot it immediately for energy

If my team is dying even with heavy DR theyre either badly modded for the run or its time to run away

Yeah, Link is awesome (and used to be even MORE awesome. I still think it should give invulnerability if you hug an enemy for long enough). And it's still useable if you use a fleeting build, just leave the arcane aura helmet on. If you have it, that is.

And yes, Trin should be weapon dependent for teh damages, making her any other way would be quite wrong.

Trinity4life *brofist*

Yeah, I like that kind of blessing, though it stil needs a bit more oomph to it to justify being an 'ultimate'. I think it should also affect actually downed teammembers in the range too. Maybe for extra energy?

The EV should be a duration-based ability, though. And the duration should be the limiting factor of it. I think it would benefit build diversity if Trin were reliant on duration, with longer duration being beneficial for her Ult and WoL (say, make WoL toggle-able, but leave a 'regen' effect after a pulse, that heals a constant amount per tick, and can be increaced until next pulse. Or you could re-cast the ability by doubletapping it to make pulse come earlier for extra energy. I'm also assuming Link is reworked into a toggle), and being detrimental to EV, as in making you actually ration it rather than cast 'on cooldown'.

Yeah, Link is awesome (and used to be even MORE awesome. I still think it should give invulnerability if you hug an enemy for long enough). And it's still useable if you use a fleeting build, just leave the arcane aura helmet on. If you have it, that is.

And yes, Trin should be weapon dependent for teh damages, making her any other way would be quite wrong.

Trinity4life *brofist*

I had it on but the 11 seconds kinda killed me inside

Being able to stay so cost effective was really nice though

Never do anything without the loop hat

I had it on but the 11 seconds kinda killed me inside

Being able to stay so cost effective was really nice though

Never do anything without the loop hat

Well, I've went full fleeting (never go full fleeting) with Aura helm and had to spam link every 6 seconds. It... Made bosses a bit fun even, trying to cast it right before they try CCing me. Then again, constantly spamming Blessing and EV wasn't making the fight any more balanced.