Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We/should We Have Flying Missions

208firebird

I'd just mod Star Citizen or Dreadnought when those come out, but I wouldn't mind. On the other hand Tenno are warriors, not necessarily pilots. Maybe in the future DE can release a game in the same universe that focuses more on starships and those that fly them. I'd play that.

The Tenno Stealth spaceship, (There's a home-ship where you access foundry, inventory, etc. and Stealth ships in Missions.) doesn't seem to have weapons mounted on it. (Based on references and images.). I mean, it's a STEALTH ship. 

Alternate "Flying Missions" i'd like to see is Corpus ships and Grineer galleons (Or mid-air air/gas harvesting where there will be platforms and balconies.) just flying in the atmosphere of a certain planet, that you can see the mountains and settlements below. 

I bet 20pt if DE likes this kind of idea.
I mean, who wants to see Earth from above?

I'd be game for something along the lines of Dust514 - a small game based on this kind of concept, with player activity that had a measurable impact on Warframe.

Having the option to switch gameplay aesthetics and still make some sort of progress within Warframe would be nice.

We could have them, further down the line.  "Never say never."

However, I don't think we really should.  I mean, our ships don't look like they're designed for combat.  They look like they're supposed to be fast and quiet, like a defanged Normandy.  I like to think that while the Tenno dominate on land, they're most vulnerable in space, where they cannot utilize their superior combat skills and supernatural warframe powers.

During the latest livestream the devs showed us our customizable ships.

Well not all battles are fought on the ground so do you think we should have flying missions, and  what you think the mission objectives could be?

I'm guessing ship combat is the wtf-bomb for the tennolive.

On the other hand Tenno are warriors, not necessarily pilots. 

We don't know that for sure.  For all we know Tenno could be the greatest pilots of all time.  

It would be years off, but I think it would be awesome to have a sort of "open solar system" Assassins Creed 4 type map where you can fly around in your ship in real time, meet up with other players, come across a mission or enemy ship and check it out, board enemy ships and bases in real time.  

We don't know that for sure.  For all we know Tenno could be the greatest pilots of all time.  

It would be years off, but I think it would be awesome to have a sort of "open solar system" Assassins Creed 4 type map where you can fly around in your ship in real time, meet up with other players, come across a mission or enemy ship and check it out, board enemy ships and bases in real time.  

I'm down for this on one condition. Space Shanties.

I'm down for this on one condition. Space Shanties.

"Farewell and adieu to you, Spanish ladies,

Farewell and adieu to you, ladies of Spain;

For we have received orders

For to sail to old England,

And we may ne'er see you fair ladies again."

"We'll rant and we'll roar, like true British sailors,

We'll rant and we'll roar across the salt seas;

Until we strike soundings

In the Channel of old England,

From Ushant to Scilly 'tis thirty-five leagues."

"Then we hove our ship to, with the wind from sou'west, boys,

Then we hove our ship to, for deep soundings to take;

Twas 45 fathoms with a white sandy bottom,

So we squared our main yard

And straight for old England did steer."

"Then the signal was made for the grand fleet to anchor,

All in the Downs that night for to meet;

Then stand by your stoppers,

Let go you cat stompers,

Haul up your clewgarnets, let tack and sheets fly."

"Now let ev'ry man drink off his full bumper,

And let ev'ry man drink off his full glass;

We'll drink and be jolly,

And drown melancholy,

And here's to the health of each true-hearted lass."

Sorry, had to.

OMG SPACE BATTLES SO HARDCORE.

Imagine jumping across flying things, having HUGE terrain for Zephyr fly AND NO GRAVITY TO STOP HER! 

SEEING BEAUTIFUL PLANETS WHILE I SAUR THROUGH EMPTY SPACE WHILE BLASTING CLIPS AND CLIPS OF AMMO DOWN AT ENEMIES BELOW.... WOW

OMG! 

I WANT.