Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Of Mods And Steve

MXultra

Sorry, Mak... I'm not abandoning you... but I have to move on with my life... :(

We can leave a discussion like gentlemen disagreeing, there no problem with that.

*Ahem* ... What game are you playing exactly?  You didn't describe Warframe.

Warframe AI Attack Patterns: Run, Shoot, Run, Shoot, Run, Shoot, Run, Shoot.  

Using Warframe's Surroundings: Hide behind wall?  Check.

What to attack first: The enemy dealing damage to you.  If there isn't any, just shoot whatever.

These are pretty rudimentary concepts that you'd have to be either brain-dead or too young to be at a keyboard to not figure out.  Warframe is all about getting the biggest baddest gun and wasting the entire room.  That's why players are feeling drained by the mod system.  It's supposed to bring variety to that monotony, but it just adds to it.

As for survival, the hardest part is understanding the concept of "life support" and how to keep it going.  The faster you kill, the more LS drops you're likely to get.  Which means the pro with a junk weapon is less likely to 'survive'.

So you dont attack heavies when they show up? You dont ignore runners becasue they do nothing? You dont try to clear the Osprey's before hitting the rest? You dont try to stop the Ancients before getting too close?

If they take away dmg mods from this post the foundation of this game will completely change, im afraid that there are going to be large groups of people unable to do anything because all they do is rambo in the middle of rooms.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

*Ahem* ... What game are you playing exactly?  You didn't describe Warframe.

Warframe AI Attack Patterns: Run, Shoot, Run, Shoot, Run, Shoot, Run, Shoot.  

Using Warframe's Surroundings: Hide behind wall?  Check.

What to attack first: The enemy dealing damage to you.  If there isn't any, just shoot whatever.

These are pretty rudimentary concepts that you'd have to be either brain-dead or too young to be at a keyboard to not figure out.  Warframe is all about getting the biggest baddest gun and wasting the entire room.  That's why players are feeling drained by the mod system.  It's supposed to bring variety to that monotony, but it just adds to it.

As for survival, the hardest part is understanding the concept of "life support" and how to keep it going.  The faster you kill, the more LS drops you're likely to get.  Which means the pro with a junk weapon is less likely to 'survive'.

you're wrong

During the period where interception was on earth, a bunch of players where testing with their alt the new players condition claiming that it wasn't too difficult while having much more experience.

I won't call these "skills" but in warframe, there are difference between new players and older such as understanding the spawn points system, knowing how to position yourself and how the ennemies position themselves and react, how to deal with them, how to use the skills and the according situation, rolling, using consumables, and some others...

IMO what show theses differences most between good and bad players is probably solo defence map which isn't that easy with meh equip

*Words*

Since you replied to me I will answer with my current thought on your reply, which I skimmed because I kind of think I got the gist of it in general.

You love the current design.  You think OP enemies = challenge.  Good for you.

You also pretty much called me a liar without any evidence of such.  I'd be insulted, but really I couldn't care less about your opinion of me.

Anyway, you enjoy yourself.  Me?  I'll keep hoping the game improves, but since I found out City of Heroes may possibly come back form the dead, my attention is actually elsewhere.

I disagree with your assumption here.  I was downed quite a bit until I started taking OP weapon into the fight.  It had nothing to do with gameplay.  It had to do with the ridiculous level of damage scaling that the enemy units were given.

Carry on the discussion.

I'll just leave this here... 

Those guys are awesome. Personally, I found breeding grounds to be actually...fun. It gave me a legitimate time to actually speed through a level because it was of benefit rather than just for kicks. I ran BG with my Volt, and you really didn't need any OP weapons to kill the tumors or hives...just something to damage them a bit.

I'll just leave this here... 

Those guys are awesome. Personally, I found breeding grounds to be actually...fun. It gave me a legitimate time to actually speed through a level because it was of benefit rather than just for kicks. I ran BG with my Volt, and you really didn't need any OP weapons to kill the tumors or hives...just something to damage them a bit.

Suspicious Shipments =/= Breeding Grounds.

They were two totally different events.

Since you replied to me I will answer with my current thought on your reply, which I skimmed because I kind of think I got the gist of it in general.

You love the current design.  You think OP enemies = challenge.  Good for you.

You also pretty much called me a liar without any evidence of such.  I'd be insulted, but really I couldn't care less about your opinion of me.

Anyway, you enjoy yourself.  Me?  I'll keep hoping the game improves, but since I found out City of Heroes may possibly come back form the dead, my attention is actually elsewhere.

You probably should have read more closely than you did, because I didn't say any of that. You just wanted an excuse to be arrogant and dismissive because I didn't agree with you.

Don't bother doing it again. I'm just going to let this topic sink.

Edited by (PS4)ElZilcho

Lets take a simple example, lets use the infested map of Pluto Sanchura (sorry for the spelling) the one where you are upstairs and the pod is in the middle area. We will use two Banshees one on one side the other on the other side, they are both armed with Boltor Primes one of course has no serration etc this is the pro's version, the other is fully modded this is the noobs version. Now we know Banshee has the ability to mark the weak spots, now in this example who do you think will be overwhelmed first, the Pro or the noob? IMHO it will be the pro because despite the fact he may be a better shot and hit all the weak points, it won't matter because his weapon will not do enough damage to eventually stop them all, thus as stated above skill starts to go out the window.

Okay I'll prove the skill gap is non existant I'll put my wife on a frame with a 4 forma Boltor prime. And one of you in the peanut gallery can grab some unmodded trash. I will live stream it too. She doesn't game either.

nobdy cares about your non-gaming wife. You and Mak seem to think noob = vegetable. Would putting an eggplant on the keyboard while the frame has a boltor prime equipped disprove the skill gap?

In actuality, the term noob doesn't even pertain to skill, it's just that you are new to the game. An if you've ever been decent at a WASD FPS/TPS, your noob skills at WF are going to be way higher than a "non-gaming wife."

nobdy cares about your non-gaming wife. You and Mak seem to think noob = vegetable. Would putting an eggplant on the keyboard while the frame has a boltor prime equipped disprove the skill gap?

In actuality, the term noob doesn't even pertain to skill, it's just that you are new to the game. An if you've ever been decent at a WASD FPS/TPS, your noob skills at WF are going to be way higher than a "non-gaming wife."

+1

Like i said before, does knowing how to play shooter automatically teaches you how to fight the enemy? Know who to attack? Know how to use your weapons? Know how you use your frame abilities? Im not saying this is the most deep game in history but there is stuff you need to figure out how to do. 

Seriously, when you started playing the game did you blow through everything like a boss?