Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Iron Skin Dropping A Lot Faster Post Update

(PSN)ocerkin

i didnt see a post about this but most of my clan has noticed this as well as myself, but rhino's iron skin is being torn through like paper post update, and not just on suspicious shipment missions in which it goes down in seconds... this is with +54% strength from blind rage and a maxed intensify,

it is severely bugged, as there were no nerfs listed it should have been acting the same post release as prior, but no its being torn through like paper, i dont even bother putting my iron skin on post release because its just a waste of energy, please have the devs take a look because something is not right

Edited by (PS4)ocerkin

That is completely false. It stayed the same. But endless missions got harder because eximus spawn much more often and they buff other enemies and deal more damage. My iron skin is just fine.

explain why mine got dropped in a capture then, trust me, maybe yours is okay but mine is not

just so you know, ive not played a single endless since the update, my issues were in exterminates and captures

Edited by (PS4)ocerkin

I've only tested rhino prime though...

i am also a rhino prime...

i really hope no one thinks i am just trolling, i am dead serious about this, i played within hours of one another and tried the same mission i played pre-release after i noticed i was having an issue, it was vastly different experiences with the exact same loadout

pre update i didnt have it drop once

post update it dropped 3 times during the same mission

that is a big difference

Edited by (PS4)ocerkin

Since the update I have also noticed Trinity's damage reduction from blessing drastically reduced, prior to the update I could cast blessing and dash out to revive a downed squad mate and it was like a short term iron skin, post update restoring 400+ health to a squad mate and my shields drop like I haven't used blessing.

Since the update I have also noticed Trinity's damage reduction from blessing drastically reduced, prior to the update I could cast blessing and dash out to revive a downed squad mate and it was like a short term iron skin, post update restoring 400+ health to a squad mate and my shields drop like I haven't used blessing.

I know after the last update they nerfed trinity's blessing so are you meaning before yesterdays update or the one before that.

both rhino prime and rhino are having the same effect and i tested with full strength build, full duration build and armor build with no difference. iron skin

is being minced to pieces. and yes loki vauban nyx and multiple other frames are being torn through. i like the increase in challenge but damn. dont even think of running an enless t4 with just melee lol. if these were part of the reworks i cant find a post on it. hope someone can clarify

I have noticed the same thing, same with most of my clan. Iron skin is torn apart. I like a little more challenge but this is to much. Oh and I used to use trinity all the time before they nerfed her, now I only used her once and found that she is almost useless, blessing didn't do anything but restore health and shields, I did not notice and damage reduction at all. so I will not use her again.

well trinity got nerfed into oblivion. You have to play her differently. Don't want to get into specifics, but you CAN use blessing as god mode again, but it's a little more complicated to achieve. Another way of using Trinity is a Blessing spam build. Don't use any duration mods, and just use Blessing if you need for yourself, or your teammates. It's a good strat, and I've had some good success with that build.

Iron skin does feel like it's going down faster. Nova's nerf made her not fun to use at all. I don't even see Nova's anymore. I admit it was annoying how noobs would spam MP, but this nerf took the fun out of using her. She went from being able to clear a room, to just being meh. 

Depending on accumulated damage suffered on Rhino during iron skin it may have wiped it off due to extent of dmg. I have done countless missions, capture and otherwise without much issue save if the enemy level is within the mid 20's to 30 then it wiped off easy.

If you could give details on build and how much damage you can take during iron skin and perhaps we can take a look into a way to fix this. But from how I see, have had little issue with either Rhino prime or regular version.

As for Trinity, she's still a dependable frame, she's just a little under the weather in terms in being a semi god mode medic, now if you want to talk about the subtle nerf on Nova's CC that now renders her useless in anything then perhaps we may get somewhere xD

In my opinion, its not the frame, its just that the enemy got alot more stronger and the spawn rate is ridiculously crazy. Especially if you happen to trigger the alam in a mission.

I have experience a few times that the enemy will just spawn next or behind me while I was strategically standing behind some crates in a room shooting enemy from afar.

I have never experience such aggressive spawn rate before the updates, it really is getting challenging out there... :)

In my opinion, its not the frame, its just that the enemy got alot more stronger and the spawn rate is ridiculously crazy. Especially if you happen to trigger the alam in a mission.

I have experience a few times that the enemy will just spawn next or behind me while I was strategically standing behind some crates in a room shooting enemy from afar.

I have never experience such aggressive spawn rate before the updates, it really is getting challenging out there... :)

Yep, especially those shipment alerts that have been floating around... Nothing like opening a door into an army of moas ready to tear you a new one lol.

As for Trinity, she's still a dependable frame, she's just a little under the weather in terms in being a semi god mode medic, now if you want to talk about the subtle nerf on Nova's CC that now renders her useless in anything then perhaps we may get somewhere xD

Has there been any official comment by DE on Nova's supposed nerf yet, as in patch notes or something? I am not sure if there is any confirmation yet on whether this was actually a glitch or an actual nerf by itself.

They somehow left this out of the patch notes for the PS4. This is taken from the Wiki update 13.4 patch notes.

Changes

• Nova Changes:
    • Molecular Prime:
    • On cast, no longer instantly affects all enemies in a radius, now grows out from Novas casting position with a new visual effect. This is affected by Duration mods.
    • Explosive radius of primed enemies has been brought in (6,7,8,10 meters per mod rank). This is closer to other explosive weapons in the game. This is affected by range mods.
    • Duration now scales with level but has been brought in line with other power durations (10,15,20,30 seconds per mod rank). This is affected by Duration mods.
    • Slow-motion effect on enemies now scale with level (.9,.8,.75,.7 percent of normal speed) This is affected by Strength mods, but will have a cap on how slow you can make your enemies overall
    • Primed explosions are now offset slightly for performance reasons (creating tons of ragdolls in same frame can cause visible hitches).

Has there been any official comment by DE on Nova's supposed nerf yet, as in patch notes or something? I am not sure if there is any confirmation yet on whether this was actually a glitch or an actual nerf by itself.

Nope, could just be one of those ninja things they all know about and won't share perhaps >.> 

They somehow left this out of the patch notes for the PS4. This is taken from the Wiki update 13.4 patch notes.

Changes

• Nova Changes:
    • Molecular Prime:
    • On cast, no longer instantly affects all enemies in a radius, now grows out from Novas casting position with a new visual effect. This is affected by Duration mods.
    • Explosive radius of primed enemies has been brought in (6,7,8,10 meters per mod rank). This is closer to other explosive weapons in the game. This is affected by range mods.
    • Duration now scales with level but has been brought in line with other power durations (10,15,20,30 seconds per mod rank). This is affected by Duration mods.
    • Slow-motion effect on enemies now scale with level (.9,.8,.75,.7 percent of normal speed) This is affected by Strength mods, but will have a cap on how slow you can make your enemies overall
    • Primed explosions are now offset slightly for performance reasons (creating tons of ragdolls in same frame can cause visible hitches).

Well we know of those changes and before 13.7 it was working fine with those changes, ever since last update the explosions do not even work as intended so her crowd control is almost useless.

Edited by (PS4)Destroyr34

Everything is working as intended. Iron Skin hasn't been nerfed. Molecular Prime has changed, not enough to call it a nerf, but a change nonetheless. Trinity invulnerability died last update and it has been the same ever since. I've used all these frames since the update. The only true difference hac been with Nova. Enemies weren't buffed (except for eximus spawns). Stop freaking out over what doesn't exist.

Well we know of those changes and before 13.7 it was working fine with those changes, ever since last update the explosions do not even work as intended so her crowd control is almost useless.

If the information on the Wiki is correct then

Last update we got was     13.3

Nova changes made in      13.4

Current version is              13.7

We just got these changes

If the information on the Wiki is correct then

Last update we got was     13.3

Nova changes made in      13.4

Current version is              13.7

We just got these changes

Well, least chain explosions would actually chain implode enemy units rather then single implode one at a time...so, in short there was a change since last update.

Source: Played Nova pre update 13.4, multiple implosions did happen then and rarely do now, so ball in your court.

Well, should edit my post to clarify to say 13.3 but the changes listed to Nova were implemented then and some more changes were made this update, if it is indeed the last few changes regarding the ragdoll performance of M prime then something noted should have been written within notes.