Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Not Have More Enemies Like The Stalker?

Monybags33

I'm fairly certain that everyone in Warframe one way or another loves or at least enjoys having the stalker in Warframe. He shows up at the least predictable second, he has a interesting backstory, and he also has a cool design too boot. So this got me thinking....why do we not have more enemies like the stalker in Warframe?

If Warframe did not have the stalker would it be as much fun for some people? I find the stalker to be one of the core reasons why I enjoy Warframe for his almost god like powers and his ability to make you actually have to think. Rarely do many enemies in Warframe even come close to how the stalker makes you feel when he shows up. Many are sadly just cannon fodder with not much thought placed into how or why your killing these guys in the first place. Such random killing is sure fun, but becomes boring after a while and the lack of thinking makes even the most die hard Warframe fans finding other things to keep themselves occupied.

Warframe really needs enemies that spice things up a bit on the battlefield just like the stalker dose, something that gives more thought rather then just aiming and firing at the nearest random trooper. For example Captin Vor in the new Tower IV key missions is a nice attempt I believe at making the game more strategic and unpredictable. He chases you down no matter the mission and it takes a good chunk of teamwork and firepower to take down, a sub-boss if you will.

He's by far nothing huge in terms of strategy but just think how missions could be more interesting if Vor were to show up on lets say any mission and not just tower IV's? He's also got some lore behind him and that's always a plus.

So what do you guys think, and what are your ideas/thoughts on how to spice things up?

(P.S - The stalker is only a example of how he makes Warframe more enjoyable because he keeps things interesting, not because he randomly shows up and kills people. This is about how to spice up the typical mission.)

Edited by Monybags33

We already have G3 and harvester, they're just harder to get deathmarks for. There's been a lot of talk about an infested assassin enemy, which would mean 4 assassins, one for each faction. Personally I'd like to see G3 and harvester marks become a little easier to get.

As for vor showing up anywhere, I'm not sure that's lore-compliant...

The "Lore" wasn't about Captain Vor being able to go anywhere it was about how he's been corrupted by the void and how he tells us that we are under some false savior. He's got more Lore then at least most boss/enemies have.

Edited by Monybags33

The "Lore" wasn't about Captain Vor being able to go anywhere it was about how he's been corrupted by the void and how he tells us that we are under some false savior. He's got more Lore then at least most boss/enemies have.

G3, stalker, and harvester all have a similar amount of lore.

People have already voiced a dislike for randomized enemies that appear without warning in any given mission. 
They don't care about the loadout you've picked for that mission and usually require a fair bit of dps and durability to beat so forget running a fun build at any time you have a deathmark from one of them on you. And wait for that tiny chance they show up. 

I'm all for more common bosses like stalker, but the only problem is that stalker is still unbalanced. He's overpowered only for the reason that he has an insane amount of health, and damage. His powers are fine. Skill is not required to combat him, just a stupidly overpowered weapon of your own, and running away constantly. Not to mention he can shoot a dread arrow while playing a Hate animation.

Until then.

Edited by Valkyrie9000

I think we have enough really, they should just be more interesting rather than just teleport + stagger lock... And harvester right now is a joke I killed him before Alad even started talking. The battles are typically short either you have an OP weapon and kill them near instantly or you have low level gear and get torn up in seconds.

Where?? This sounds awesome, I've never seen anything like that though

Edit: Never mind, totally thought he was referring to the Jupiter tile-set.

OT: Stalker needs work. While you can definitely use a new assassin-type enemy to test out new AI behaviors and balancing, if you mean a carbon copy of the Stalker - e.g. lots of HP, horrific amounts of damage, unbelievably low chance to show up - I'll pass.

Edited by Ishteen

Without any proper rewards they become annoyance but with them they become horrible grind. Until de manages to get that right i personally not want see any of these ideas in game.

However if you could get corpus or grineer annoyed at you and randomly spawn ship on orbit which will fire upon planet surface and make your life miserable why not.

That would imo make for interesting "hazard"

Because they are incredibly annoying, dont drop rewards and kill you cheaply.

The G3 killed them 5 times in 3 months - not a single Brakk part.

Harvester- not seen him in months,

Stalker last two times I have killed him, he has dropped nothing.

We dont need anymore cheap shot annoyances made purely to steal revives off you with fantasy promises of rewards.