Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ranking Ash's Shurikens Should Increase The Quantity Similar To Psychic Bolts

Vzaeyth

Why not grant extra shurikens to soften his end-game falloff? Additional shurikens would result in significantly more damage coming from his first ability and it could be more of an incentive to include the ability in builds.

Perhaps it could go like this:

Rank 0: One shuriken, low damage

Rank 1: One shuriken, higher damage

Rank 2: Two shurikens, higher damage per shuriken

Rank 3: Three shurikens, higher damage per shuriken

What do you guys think?
Edited by Vzaeyth

Max rank Shuriken is two shuriken thrown. Which ignore armour, shields, deals double damage to sinew and have a forced bleed proc; 35% of damage per tick, one tick per second, lasts 6 seconds.

Edited by xlraistlx

'end game falloff'?

haha. Shuriken is extremely powerful, i'm not sure what you're talking about.

it does very high Damage, and also Bleeds for huge amounts of Health.

Shuriken is hardly useful against enemies of levels higher than 40. :/

Shuriken is hardly useful against enemies of levels higher than 40. :/

sure it is, because it deals 3450 Slash Damage just Ranked up(5900 Slash Damage to Ancient Healers and Phorid), without any extra Mods affecting it.

how is that not enough?!?

Edit:

autoformatting, pls go away.

Edited by taiiat

The number of enemies targeted by Shuriken is capped at two. 3,450 may seem like a lot of damage but it really isn't much when you compare it to a bullet or two from a decent weapon and you consider the fact that it only hits one or two enemies. There really is no point in getting the Shuriken ability if you've got weapons capable of dishing out numerous 10,000+ damage critical hits per second. This isn't hard to achieve either, all you really need is a Soma/Amprex/Synapse with a potato and a forma slapped on.

You make it seem like 3,450 damage is such an immense amount of damage but it isn't.

Edit: Also, when there are frames out there like Nova with incredibly high damaging abilities, suggesting an extra shuriken at the maxed rank of the ability REALLY is not much.

Edited by Vzaeyth

You're really not making a strong argument here.

First, Shuriken already does increase when you level it, you get an extra at max level. This has been mentioned already.

Second, damaging abilities, especially for 25 energy, always fall off against higher enemies.

And third, you did the awful thing that everyone does in lieu of making a real point: Compares any ability to M.Prime. But here, you're comparing a first ability to a fourth ability. Are you expecting people to swallow that comparison? That's pretty insulting, really.

Shuriken is one of the better first abilities. It forces a strong bleed proc. It ignores armor. It even auto-targets. Do you really not know how good it is already?

And third, you did the awful thing that everyone does in lieu of making a real point: Compares any ability to M.Prime. But here, you're comparing a first ability to a fourth ability. Are you expecting people to swallow that comparison? That's pretty insulting, really.

Edit: Also, when there are frames out there like Nova with incredibly high damaging abilities, suggesting an extra shuriken at the maxed rank of the ability REALLY is not much.

Where did I specifically state that I was comparing Shuriken to Molecular Prime? Could I not have been comparing it to any of Nova's abilities, perhaps Antimatter Drop? You don't see Shurikens one-hitting Lephantis.

Edited by Vzaeyth

Where did I specifically state that I was comparing Shuriken to Molecular Prime? Could I not have been comparing it to any of Nova's abilities, perhaps Antimatter Drop? You don't see Shurikens one-hitting Lephantis.

Neither AMD by itself. Still not enforcing the argument dude.

Max rank Shuriken is two shuriken thrown. Which ignore armour, shields, deals double damage to sinew and have a forced bleed proc; 35% of damage per tick, one tick per second, lasts 6 seconds.

It actually ticks 7 times; the first tick happens immediately and is displayed in combination with the initial Slash damage, causing it to appear higher than expected. 

Edited by RealPandemonium

It actually ticks 7 times; the first tick happens immediately and is displayed in combination with the initial Slash damage, causing it to appear higher than expected. 

Yes, ticks seven times, but lasts only six seconds (the proc).

Edited by xlraistlx

The number of enemies targeted by Shuriken is capped at two. 3,450 may seem like a lot of damage but it really isn't much when you compare it to a bullet or two from a decent weapon and you consider the fact that it only hits one or two enemies. There really is no point in getting the Shuriken ability if you've got weapons capable of dishing out numerous 10,000+ damage critical hits per second. This isn't hard to achieve either, all you really need is a Soma/Amprex/Synapse with a potato and a forma slapped on.

You make it seem like 3,450 damage is such an immense amount of damage but it isn't.

You may want to also consider the fact that you can cast Shuriken while firing and reloading without needing to aim.

Kind of an important tidbit.

EDIT:

Don't forget that they can easily pass the 75m hitscan limit no matter what your Range is.

Edited by SortaRandom

Nova has two "high-damaging abilities". So unless somewhere along the like Antimatter Drop became more than one ability, when you said

Nova with incredibly high damaging abilities

You were not just referring to Antimatter drop. Which is, again, not a first ability for 25 energy, is it? Or are you going to really stretch and try to pretend you were talking about Nova Star?

Good job ignoring the rest of that post so you could attempt to zero in on semantics, and unsuccessfully, at that.

Shuriken have 100% Bleed status effect on target.

when Psychic Bolt only does damage. i'm with on increasing the amount of Bolt for Psychic Bolt per rank.

edit: how to remove the white-iness from text...?
Edited by low1991

You were not just referring to Antimatter drop. Which is, again, not a first ability for 25 energy, is it? Or are you going to really stretch and try to pretend you were talking about Nova Star?

It only costs 50 energy to cast AMD. It also costs 50 energy to use Shuriken twice. Try killing Lephantis with four shurikens. Also, please do not try to say that due to it being a second ability, it is supposed to be better than the first on another frame.

attempt to zero in on semantics

Nova with incredibly high damaging abilities

Oh, such sweet irony.

Anyway, I hope you realize many people would much rather replace Shuriken with an extra mod even though it is an "alright" first ability. Also, despite being heavily outclassed by other low-energy-costing abilities on other frames, it also gets rendered relatively useless by Ash's fourth ability. If you have Bladestorm, there is hardly a reason you should be throwing shurikens out instead of simply using Bladestorm, you do more damage, the damage is actually guaranteed to be dealt and you even become invulnerable.

It only costs 50 energy to cast AMD. It also costs 50 energy to use Shuriken twice. Try killing Lephantis with four shurikens. Also, please do not try to say that due to it being a second ability, it is supposed to be better than the first on another frame.

Oh, such sweet irony.

Anyway, I hope you realize many people would much rather replace Shuriken with an extra mod even though it is an "alright" first ability. Also, despite being heavily outclassed by other low-energy-costing abilities on other frames, it also gets rendered relatively useless by Ash's fourth ability. If you have Bladestorm, there is hardly a reason you should be throwing shurikens out instead of simply using Bladestorm, you do more damage, the damage is actually guaranteed to be dealt and you even become invulnerable.

There is no talking to you. Firstly, you don't even know what "irony" is, because clearly you believe me pointing out exactly what you said isn't it.

Secondly, you insist on constantly comparing Shuriken to other-tier abilities. So clearly you can't do anything but try to make lopsided comparisons, which is the same tiresome tactic that every buff-beggar pulls out in lieu of a coherent argument.

And thirdly, you think Shuriken needs buffs. This thread is full of people that laugh at the idea, because it's wrong. And when you said:

What do you guys think?

You meant to say: "Agree with me or I'll complain". Because what people think disagrees with what you wanted to hear.

And to finish up, let's put the nail in this constant thumbing at AMD.  AMD does 100 base damage. What you are referring to is dumping damage into AMD to beef it up, which is not damage from the ability, that damage comes from weapons. So again, you're wrong.

Shuriken have 100% Bleed status effect on target.

when Psychic Bolt only does damage. i'm with on increasing the amount of Bolt for Psychic Bolt per rank.

edit: how to remove the white-iness from text...?

Copy the text to a note pad and copy it from there again. The forums tend to keep the original format of the texts when copied.