Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Maglev Feels Like In Need Of A Tweak.

DSpite

What? No, it's not a joke thread. I maxed out the mod and been using it on some builds I use when I go foraging and exploring on planets, and I can barely feel the 30%, especially when you realize that sliding in general slows down towards the end, so it just seems to make the slow part at the end also 30% longer. Maybe it's just me.

If upping the duration is too OP, I'd rather have faster slides that go the same distance, or some extra added interesting effect tied to the card while sliding.

Surely if DE dives in the logs and sees that the card is very underused, some added bonuses to make it more interesting to use can't really make it OP, can they?

Anyway, just a suggestion.

I don't know. I was very excited to try maglev, but stopped using it almost immediately, because the +% extra distance meant that slides meant to end at a doorway instead forced me into geometry around them. Worse, I appeared to be TRAPPED in a slide, as it insisted on going the full distance every time, even if I took my hands off of the keyboard or attempted to do a flip jump from it.

It's noted on the wiki that it apparently makes you slide faster to gain the extra distance.

It could be interesting if toyed with, but I think it's rather low on the priority list. Unless the physics/lockout on it are fixed, I don't think I'd use it anyway. =/

I don't know. I was very excited to try maglev, but stopped using it almost immediately, because the +% extra distance meant that slides meant to end at a doorway instead forced me into geometry around them. Worse, I appeared to be TRAPPED in a slide, as it insisted on going the full distance every time, even if I took my hands off of the keyboard or attempted to do a flip jump from it.

It's noted on the wiki that it apparently makes you slide faster to gain the extra distance.

It could be interesting if toyed with, but I think it's rather low on the priority list. Unless the physics/lockout on it are fixed, I don't think I'd use it anyway. =/

As far as priority, I don't even think it's on the list :) but I was guessing that at least some feedback on a mod no one seems to be using, might remind people as to why they are not using it, which at least in my case was "Hey, did I actually equip the build with Maglev, cause I'm not feeling it".

I just feel that if a card like this has 5 points, the first point should be noticeable, with a maxed card really having a strong physical effect in game. If it is not improving damage or competing with other movement frame abilities, it would be nice to mark it for a second look.

How about some bonus effect like:

"Extend slide distance by consuming stamina"

As your slide speed starts to decrease, the mod consume your stamina to maintain slide speed.

So you can keep on sliding as long as you still have stamina.

Edited by yles9056

Well to be fair, it's more noticeable on a slow Warframe like Frost. Equiping this mod on Frost allows you to keep up with most Warframes unless they have Rush on.

But yea, I think it does need some kind of tweak. The only Warframe I use it on is Frost since he is the only slow Warframe left. (Rhino doesn't count since most people use Vanguard on him).

I use maglev on Loki, and I can perpetually slide-flip-slide-flip around the map without consuming exorbitant amounts of stamina. While it is underused, I think it could be increased to 7.5% instead of 5% per level, resulting in a cap at 45%.

Edited by Vaskadar