Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

8-Bit Warframe ~ Lost Sector

AnonCat

Click on the file with .jar extension. BTW there is only one file in what I downloaded, can you paste the link from which you got those numerous files? Oh and which version of java do you have? 

Also to 8bit devs, you're lacking a scroll option on your site, right here: http://8bit.wf/about/  Or something is wrong with my browser. That's also a possibilty.

I think he extracted the .jar which gave him all the source files. .jar files are basically zip files underneath. It should work if Java is installed.

Found a video that might help:

And yeah. Scrolling.  That seems important. The message has been passed along. :)

Edited by Sakunai

I think he extracted the .jar which gave him all the source files. .jar files are basically zip files underneath. It should work if Java is installed.

Found a video that might help:

Thank for this.  So I did exactly that since nothing showed up as a .jar and it went straight into WinRAR as a file which I then extracted thinking the file was contained therein.  Just got to make sure the ,jar is unchecked so it shows and I can then execute hopefully...

Why you no Banshee mayne...?

In all seriousness, they look really good. I like that you stuck to the original style. I'm sure the team will be happy to have you.

You might want to PM Anoncat,he might respond quicker that way. ^^

Why you no Banshee mayne...?

well, she was one of the Frames i wanted to do first, but her asymetrical shoulders are a pain :/

but i will do my best to include her in the next pic :)

You might want to PM Anoncat,he might respond quicker that way. ^^

well thats actually a good idea, i definetly gonna do this,

thx bro

So I downloaded U10 from the link on your site. There isn't any audio, and I can't even reach the end of the first area (doesn't help that there is nothing telling me the controls). Also the file path calls it "Lost Sector build 5" so I'm wondering if you have the wrong version up.

Edit: Nevermind, just saw Ezard's reply from the 21st.

Edited by Khaos_Zand3r

So I downloaded U10 from the link on your site. There isn't any audio, and I can't even reach the end of the first area (doesn't help that there is nothing telling me the controls). Also the file path calls it "Lost Sector build 5" so I'm wondering if you have the wrong version up.

Edit: Nevermind, just saw Ezard's reply from the 21st.

Yep, at the moment we're still building the framework, so there's no tutorial, no end point for the level, and no audio added - dw though, they'll all be added soon

Ohhh i should mention we now have an official Mail address for all your typing needs

Want to send us your ideas? Or even some art or sounds?

Then don't hesitate!

Send us your stuff to 

contact@8bit.wf

Ohhh i should mention we now have an official Mail address for all your typing needs

Want to send us your ideas? Or even some art or sounds?

Then don't hesitate!

Send us your stuff to 

contact@8bit.wf

Or if you're interested in joining the team, too - no prior experience or qualifications required, you just need to be interested (and willing to learn some game dev stuff of SOME sort, I guess xD), is all :-)

So...what kind of coding do you guys use for PC? I assume java. Also noticed all of the sprites are .png files.

I might not mind making sprites since they are remakes of existing Warframe assets. I'm not great at coming up with original designs usually, though I did think of a Grineer gunship and a remake for the Raptor....

Also I've done a little bit of XML coding for SW: Empire at War modding, and only enough Java coding to get minecraft mods working.

Edited by Khaos_Zand3r