The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Theliset.com - U14 Official Hype Site - Updating Daily (It's Here Edition)

Letter13

Now you're grasping at straws, and clearly haven't worked in PR before.  You  say 'Team, the patch is set to go live at 5pm.  You have until 6pm as overlap.  If you miss that mark, we delay it until 5pm the next day, to ensure all is fixed'.   Please don't argue for the sake of arguing.

What?

That update was enough to state that the patch will be delayed to clean up the list of the bugs identified, nothing more. 

I'm quite glad that we have people stopping to help out newer players. Hoenstly, I would love for there to be a "Coaching" system put into place, which allows people to help out newcomers to Warframe, by letting them set up a mission, pick a tileset, the kind of enemies that would show up, and they would not be able to do anything but rez if a player goes down.

I may actually make a thread based around this at a later date, but my sleep-deprived mind is messing with me :L

Never mind, DE is doing awful. They should just release the update as scheduled. OOPS. Looks at alls the bugs that they could have spent times polishing. Something more to complain about!! Gripe gripe gripe gripe. 

Ermahgerd.

-stuff-

No there aren't limitless possibilites, there really aren't, because we are talking about iteration here, if something works and then something breaks, someone broke it, and since everything is logged (or at least should be), every and all changes from one commit to another should be easily traceable and comparable, heck the commiting software should do this for you (check difference).

So thanks for just completely ignoring the point I made about being able to roll back to a version that does work.

Also, you've heard worse than what steve said...great? I hope you managed your project accordingly then.

I'm quite glad that we have people stopping to help out newer players. Hoenstly, I would love for there to be a "Coaching" system put into place, which allows people to help out newcomers to Warframe, by letting them set up a mission, pick a tileset, the kind of enemies that would show up, and they would not be able to do anything but rez if a player goes down.

I may actually make a thread based around this at a later date, but my sleep-deprived mind is messing with me :L

That's a cool idea! You should, you have my support. I love following them even when they take time to explore. Remember back in the day when everything was so new and neat? Don't spoil it for them!

What?

That update was enough to state that the patch will be delayed to clean up the list of the bugs identified, nothing more. 

Alright, my final post to you, and I'll make it very easy to understand.

1) If a company is going to do an update, they give a buffer of a day in time to ensure things go smoothly.

2) They make a deadline on that release day.  (See most MMOs patch dates and times, always at x hour)

3) If that deadline is missed, you make a clear post stating that the patch will be delayed until the next day, at x hour.

4) You do this so your community isn't sitting around waiting and having this storm on the forums, which will lower clutter and make people overall more content.

Yes, they have said they're still working on it, with no defined hour, which has people waiting here still, when they could let their devs have a good night's rest, and put up the proper patch tomorrow, and announce as such.

Also, latest update:

1:43 AM EDT Update: We've got info that the build will come in at around 850 MB of content, so if you have any bandwidth heavy things that you were considering doing while getting the Update, you know have an idea of the scope of the Update coming your way. Hopefully this helps make any internet habit adjustments for your evening/morning! We're getting quite close, with several confirmed fixes, so hopefully soon!

Edited by Wolfheart9

Hopefully this update will fix a lot of the things wrong with new player experience.

"1:43 AM EDT Update: We've got info that the build will come in at around 850 MB of content, so if you have any bandwidth heavy things that you were considering doing while getting the Update, you know have an idea of the scope of the Update coming your way. Hopefully this helps make any internet habit adjustments for your evening/morning! We're getting quite close, with several confirmed fixes, so hopefully soon!"

Sounds like a great plan to me! Helping out the new folks is always a bunch of fun, even more so because they're not obsessed with stats/builds as some of the veteran players can be. They're excited about the game and enthusiastic about all of it's aspects, especially after seeing what a high-level player can do.

De has posted.

1:43 AM EDT Update: We've got info that the build will come in at around 850 MB of content, so if you have any bandwidth heavy things that you were considering doing while getting the Update, you know have an idea of the scope of the Update coming your way. Hopefully this helps make any internet habit adjustments for your evening/morning! We're getting quite close, with several confirmed fixes, so hopefully soon!

Link: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/261813-update-14-coming-thursday-wee-hours-of-morning-pc/page-59

Edit: ninja'd

Edited by nickup9

No there aren't limitless possibilites, there really aren't, because we are talking about iteration here, if something works and then something breaks, someone broke it, and since everything is logged (or at least should be), every and all changes from one commit to another should be easily traceable and comparable, heck the commiting software should do this for you (check difference).

Yes, the auto-bug detection software can help you detect the glaring bugs (missing a semicolon, undefined variables etc.), but that does not mean the program will work as intended. 

I can have a program where every line of code is correctly written, but it does not function the way I wanted it to, simply because I swapped two lines around. The auto-bug detection software will not detect it because to it, the two lines of code are correctly written. 

And with programs like Warframe, each line of code will link to others, meaning modifying one can alter the function of another line, which will then modify another line, and so on. 

And for the record, checking differences in the coding stage of a program does not really work when you are mainly adding code. 

That's a cool idea! You should, you have my support. I love following them even when they take time to explore. Remember back in the day when everything was so new and neat? Don't spoil it for them!

I still do explore. the ONLY time I'm rushing is to catch up to any of them that ran adead or fell behind and got dropped. For the most part, unless the newer players are getting completely wiped, I'll let them do the work, and I'll act as a bullet spinge if they desperately need it xD

Plus, 4-Formae Valkyr/0 Formae Saryn with maxed Rejuvination Aura really helps newer players survive a lot. I've had a few lower-rank players even ask what gear I have, so they cna take hits like this. I tell them, but by the time they get it, there's better things they have the option to grab. It's all up to how they interpret it :)

I still do explore. the ONLY time I'm rushing is to catch up to any of them that ran adead or fell behind and got dropped. For the most part, unless the newer players are getting completely wiped, I'll let them do the work, and I'll act as a bullet spinge if they desperately need it xD

Plus, 4-Formae Valkyr/0 Formae Saryn with maxed Rejuvination Aura really helps newer players survive a lot. I've had a few lower-rank players even ask what gear I have, so they cna take hits like this. I tell them, but by the time they get it, there's better things they have the option to grab. It's all up to how they interpret it :)

Mewfan, you're awesome. Same to all those who help our wonderful newblets. They'll go into this game and reflect on how different this community is to other MMOs they've played and smile. 

Alright, my final post to you, and I'll make it very easy to understand.

1) If a company is going to do an update, they give a buffer of a day in time to ensure things go smoothly.

2) They make a deadline on that release day.  (See most MMOs patch dates and times, always at x hour)

3) If that deadline is missed, you make a clear post stating that the patch will be delayed until the next day, at x hour.

4) You do this so your community isn't sitting around waiting and having this storm on the forums, which will lower clutter and make people overall more content.

Yes, they have said they're still working on it, with no defined hour, which has people waiting here still, when they could let their devs have a good night's rest, and put up the proper patch tomorrow, and announce as such.

Also, latest update:

Let me use your points: 

1. Most likely done, given that DE(L) has now officially swapped hot-fixes/updates to Wednesday, meaning having this update be at Thursday would give them a good buffer. 

2. They did not. Fair point. 

3. I think for this case, unlike other MMOs, they are still working on it as of 1:00 AM EDT, meaning it is quite difficult to pin down the exact time as to when the patch will be delayed to. Other MMOs I play will stop working past an hour of two of their working hours, meaning it is easier to determine the exact (or semi-exact) time that the patch will come online. 

4. See point 3. 

So yes, this will be an acceptable exception. 

Sounds like a great plan to me! Helping out the new folks is always a bunch of fun, even more so because they're not obsessed with stats/builds as some of the veteran players can be. They're excited about the game and enthusiastic about all of it's aspects, especially after seeing what a high-level player can do.

I'm a veteran player, actually, I have a BrocaliburPrime, but I rarely use him, as Saryn's abilities I'm in love with ^.^

I tend to use relitively low-mastery weapons when I join into their games, so I'm not waltzing around with Dragon nikanas and some such.

Basic Loadout when I go helping: Valkyr or Saryn, rarely Vauban, with Cernos, Kunai, and either Lecta, Bo, or Dual Zorens.

most of the time, it's Lecta, as the sweeping angle attacks can really help clear an area if someone goes down :) I treat the game like it's TF2 at that point, and I'm the Medic/Engineer. My job is to make sure that when the team makes it TO the point, they ahve higher health/ammo than the enemy team, and can hold that point for longer than the enemy can. I don't try to be the most important, but it's really useful and fun when I'm running around with lower-mastery players.

Heck, one of the players that I helped back when they were at MR 0 just caught up to me at MR7! ^.^ I was very happy when they messaged, telling me "Hey, I'm mastery 7 now!"

EDIT: I would imagine that sense of "Heck yes!" when I get a message from a newer player that I helped thanking me, or telling me they're getting the hang of it, is the same feeling that a school teacher gets when the student with the lowest grade in teh class turns it around and just aces the finals. a Sense of pride, and joy... I may feel a bit selfish enjoying that feeling, but I like it.

Edited by Mewfan

Next time DE could try actually finishing the update and then starting the countdown. Then when the counter hits zero they release the update and everyone is happy.

Edited by Kethus

Yes, the auto-bug detection software can help you detect the glaring bugs (missing a semicolon, undefined variables etc.), but that does not mean the program will work as intended. 

I can have a program where every line of code is correctly written, but it does not function the way I wanted it to, simply because I swapped two lines around. The auto-bug detection software will not detect it because to it, the two lines of code are correctly written. 

And with programs like Warframe, each line of code will link to others, meaning modifying one can alter the function of another line, which will then modify another line, and so on. 

And for the record, checking differences in the coding stage of a program does not really work when you are mainly adding code. 

Sorry, but then you are doing it wrong (bad communication), checking difference for literally anything that you are commiting should be possible at any stage of development, and please don't try to tell me it doesn't work cause I've done it myself.

I'm almost leaning to believing wolfheart that you are just arguing for arguing's sake here.

I'm a veteran player, actually, I have a BrocaliburPrime, but I rarely use him, as Saryn's abilities I'm in love with ^.^

I tend to use relitively low-mastery weapons when I join into their games, so I'm not waltzing around with Dragon nikanas and some such.

Basic Loadout when I go helping: Valkyr or Saryn, rarely Vauban, with Cernos, Kunai, and either Lecta, Bo, or Dual Zorens.

most of the time, it's Lecta, as the sweeping angle attacks can really help clear an area if someone goes down :) I treat the game like it's TF2 at that point, and I'm the Medic/Engineer. My job is to make sure that when the team makes it TO the point, they ahve higher health/ammo than the enemy team, and can hold that point for longer than the enemy can. I don't try to be the most important, but it's really useful and fun when I'm running around with lower-mastery players.

Heck, one of the players that I helped back when they were at MR 0 just caught up to me at MR7! ^.^ I was very happy when they messaged, telling me "Hey, I'm mastery 7 now!"

Wow what scrub only Rank 7 god you nub get good you damned pleb