Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Platinum Market Tweaking

Renegade343

The cheapest way to get a frame would be to farm the parts and rush them. Platinum is better used on cosmetics and trading, which seems to be the point of the high prices.

But why do that? If that is true, there is little to no point in having a Platinum Market for weapons and Warframes. 

But why do that? If that is true, there is little to no point in having a Platinum Market for weapons and Warframes.

Meh not really. Average rush time for non clan tech is 35 plat 50 for clan tech. For a one time in your life buy, it is reasonable. If they lowered the prices I would then be worried as that usually means they are changing the store and in a game where they rely on plat sales, that is not a good thing.

Meh not really. Average rush time for non clan tech is 35 plat 50 for clan tech. For a one time in your life buy, it is reasonable. If they lowered the prices I would then be worried as that usually means they are changing the store and in a game where they rely on plat sales, that is not a good thing.

I feel some of the items are quite overpriced for the effort needed to make it, like the Burston, Bolto, Skana etc..

I feel some of the items are quite overpriced for the effort needed to make it, like the Burston, Bolto, Skana etc..

It depends on what you consider too expensive and that is a personal choice rather than a logic choice. The logic of the matter is whether or not someone is willing to pay a certain price for a one time purchase of a weapon they intend to keep (as you get all that extra stuff with it). Or are they going to likely trash it after ranking it so just cooking it and forget about it till it's done method.

If that makes since. First 12 hour shift of the week at work and it's kicking my &#!

Edited by Zaresin

It depends on what you consider too expensive and that is a personal choice rather than a logic choice. The logic of the matter is whether or not someone is willing to pay a certain price for a one time purchase of a weapon they intend to keep (as you get all that extra stuff with it). Or are they going to likely trash it after ranking it so just cooking it and forget about it till it's done method.

If that makes since. First 12 hour shift of the week at work and it's kicking my @$$

Well, based on my observation of the community feedback on the Platinum costs of weapons, Warframes and Bundles (and that came from some long-standing members), the Platinum store is mostly sells overpriced equipment (Orokin Catalysts/Reactors are fine, while Forma is, truthfully, a bit too expensive as players can just do Void runs to obtain quite a few of it [and its blueprint]), so there is the 'willing to pay a certain price for a one time purchase' option mostly thrown out the window. 

And why would the Platinum price not decrease as the equipment is nearing its completion, anyways?

EDIT: And 30 Platinum for 3,000 of a common resource is quite a hefty price considering a player can obtain them in a very short amount of time through running missions (especially Alloy Plates). 

Edited by Renegade343

Well, based on my observation of the community feedback on the Platinum costs of weapons, Warframes and Bundles (and that came from some long-standing members), the Platinum store is mostly sells overpriced equipment (Orokin Catalysts/Reactors are fine, while Forma is, truthfully, a bit too expensive as players can just do Void runs to obtain quite a few of it [and its blueprint]), so there is the 'willing to pay a certain price for a one time purchase' option mostly thrown out the window.

And why would the Platinum price not decrease as the equipment is nearing its completion, anyways?

EDIT: And 30 Platinum for 3,000 of a common resource is quite a hefty price considering a player can obtain them in a very short amount of time through running missions (especially Alloy Plates).

The resource cost or the credits for plat thing I've never understood and think they are more a noob trap then actually supposed to be serious the same with the key and mod packs. They are def noob traps by design. The trick with forma is I'm totally fine with the cost as the rush time is low when it could tech be way higher, you farm a bunch of forma and just rush then and you are tech paying for two forma for the price of one. Edited by Zaresin

The resource cost or the credits for plat thing I've never understood and think they are more a noob trap then actually supposed to be serious the same with the key and mod packs. They are def noob traps by design. The trick with forma is I'm totally fine with the cost as the rush time is low when it could tech be way higher, you farm a bunch of forma and just rush then and you are tech paying for two forma for the price of one.

I still think the Platinum Market should be revised nonetheless, because sincerely, the current prices would probably give players the impression that it is just there as a superfluous display to expand the Market. 

Edited by Renegade343

For lazy rich kids. They are expensive so people are turned away from them and at least try to play and build them by themselves.

However, if you have too much plat and nothing to spend it on (and not using it on booster) along with a need for a quick 2000-3000 mastery exp, then they might consider buying it from the store.

I still think the Platinum Market should be revised nonetheless, because sincerely, the current prices would probably give players the impression that it is just there as a superfluous display to expand the Market.

It is kind of one of those systems where you know it has issues but you don't want to risk messing with it as the things you like about it risk being lost as well (ie cost of forma and reactors). Due to the rare quality of them, they could raise the prices on them due to how much people buy them. One reason I def don't want it to get touched.

For lazy rich kids. They are expensive so people are turned away from them and at least try to play and build them by themselves.

However, if you have too much plat and nothing to spend it on (and not using it on booster) along with a need for a quick 2000-3000 mastery exp, then they might consider buying it from the store.

You would think that some of the prices are a bit too high even for that, do you not?

It is kind of one of those systems where you know it has issues but you don't want to risk messing with it as the things you like about it risk being lost as well (ie cost of forma and reactors). Due to the rare quality of them, they could raise the prices on them due to how much people buy them. One reason I def don't want it to get touched.

Thing is, I kind of touched and played around with the numbers, and made a whole thread about it. 

Thing is, I kind of touched and played around with the numbers, and made a whole thread about it.

Kind of gotten the thread off topic with this direction sorry about that OP.

Renegade message me if you want to continue this discussion as I don't think this really goes with the OP thread starter.

Kind of gotten the thread off topic with this direction sorry about that OP.

Renegade message me if you want to continue this discussion as I don't think this really goes with the OP thread starter.

Why not (meant as an agreement)?

Edited by Renegade343

You would think that some of the prices are a bit too high even for that, do you not?

It's only too high if you can only obtain it through cashing.

I paid 50$ for a single piece of accessory in MMOs before. This is cheap.

Your examples don't take into account of paying to rush your gear. That may change your numbers a bit. Assume full time rather than partial for sake under your reduced plat cost idea which I like and wonder why that was never implemented.

Your examples don't take into account of paying to rush your gear. That may change your numbers a bit. Assume full time rather than partial for sake under your reduced plat cost idea which I like and wonder why that was never implemented.

The 15% addition to the initial number takes into some account of that, for one. 

The 15% addition to the initial number takes into some account of that, for one.

Ahh was wondering where that extra 15% was coming from....told you I was gonna be a little slow on reading this lol. Gonna bookmark this and read it again after I've gotten some sleep. I keep reading the same sentences multiple times. First 12 hour shift always kicks my &#!. So far I like it.

Sounds great, too bad DESheldon said: "No, The market is good as it is"

So? Does it matter? 

At the very least, I know that I have placed my effort into it, and I am proud of it. It may not come to fruition (although I sincerely want it to), but hell if I do not tackle the problem when I knowingly see it. 

So? Does it matter? 

At the very least, I know that I have placed my effort into it, and I am proud of it. It may not come to fruition (although I sincerely want it to), but hell if I do not tackle the problem when I knowingly see it. 

Since DE basically has the final say so? I guess it does.

You placed effort into organizing your thoughts and posting it to the forums, Congrats, and I said it sounds great. Just too bad that, like you said, it might not come to fruition.

i don't get why would any of that matter anyway. hardly anyone is going to spend platinum to buy a weapon they can get with relative ease anyway.

the only moment most people feel compelled to "buy" a weapon is when its a newly launched clan tech, and since it pays for the game (and i do belong to a clan that research them with haste), i'm fine with those keeping their mad prices

but hell if I do not tackle the problem when I knowingly see it. 

i'm glad you want to participate with the community, but the thing i'm having a hard time to see is the need, of said effort, who really cares of the platinum price of a burston that no one is gonna buy.

i would rather get a pack with 10 orokin cells, or perhaps old prime weapons directly on the market those have a better chance of being brough