Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Laser Rifle Is Under-Powered?

(PSN)andre54321

Question

I don't understand why it doesn't have hitscan. With only 5 shots I feel as if it's not worth wasting Formas on...

Am I doing something wrong, or is deth cube's rifle just better because it actually hits the enemies?

This is my current build on it: http://gyazo.com/d7d9733a8a358f28beb754928305af7a

Don't get me wrong, it hits and kills enemies, but this is if they're standing still because they're frozen or bugged.

Dethmachine rifle has the highest potential DPS, not because it has hit scan (It's inaccurate anyway).

Prime laser rifle actually currently has the highest burst DPS of any sentinel weapon, and sweeper has the highest sustained

Son, you don't even have laser rifle prime.

Thanks for the useless spam :)

^

Thanks for the useless spam :)

It doesn't have hit scan because they laser rifle didn't have hit scan. Dethmachine rifle has the highest potential DPS, not because it has hit scan (It's inaccurate anyway).

That isn't at all a bad build. You just need to forma more to fit those extra mods on and you're golden.

I guess, but only 5 shots and only a 1/10 chance of hitting really sucks :L

Prime laser rifle actually currently has the highest burst DPS of any sentinel weapon, and sweeper has the highest sustained

Ah, by burst DPS do you mean highest DPS in general, or just highest DPS in those 5 shots?

Ah, by burst DPS do you mean highest DPS in general, or just highest DPS in those 5 shots?

Burst DPS is a single clip, sustained is counting reloads. Prime laser rifle can put out more damage at once, but sweeper will give steadier damage over time.

Burst DPS is a single clip, sustained is counting reloads. Prime laser rifle can put out more damage at once, but sweeper will give steadier damage over time.

Okay thanks, this makes sense :)  

So in general having any sentinel without hit-scan will just deal less damage in most situations as it won't hit as many targets as it otherwise would've.

Okay thanks, this makes sense :)  

So in general having any sentinel without hit-scan will just deal less damage in most situations as it won't hit as many targets as it otherwise would've.

Not necessarily. I've found that prime laser rifle is quite effective at hitting targets behind cover, and is able to hit at longer ranges due to it's higher accuracy. Only sweeper and deth machine rifle are hitscan, and both suffer from accuracy and range issues. If you're in close the prime laser rifle will deal more damage than anything else.

Why are you such an A******? You're wrong, go cry a river already jesus. You make the majority of decent nice players on PC look like douchebags.

I already said I was wrong kid. I am the majority of PC players, ded game.

:^)

Edited by Towermice

Not necessarily. I've found that prime laser rifle is quite effective at hitting targets behind cover, and is able to hit at longer ranges due to it's higher accuracy. Only sweeper and deth machine rifle are hitscan, and both suffer from accuracy and range issues. If you're in close the prime laser rifle will deal more damage than anything else.

Alright, good to know. You seem to be one of the few that can actually help players :P I guess the l rifle is worth using some formae :D

Why are you such an A******? You're wrong, go cry a river already jesus. You make the majority of decent nice players on PC look like douchebags.

i mistaked your prime laser rifle for a normal one as well because of the fact that we had huge damage differences with the same mod loadout

i wouldnt exactly blame him for anything...he probably did what i did and used your mod loadout to check your damage

also relying on your sentinel to do damage is going to put you in the wrong place in higher level runs.....reason being is your sent will most likely die...or you will probably mod your sent to not even use its weapon

my sentinel does not use its weapons at all because of all the defensive and support mods i put on....my sweeper does about 1k dmg but it still does not feel like its worth using compared to other mods that are more beneficial to me

i mistaked your prime laser rifle for a normal one as well because of the fact that we had huge damage differences with the same mod loadout

i wouldnt exactly blame him for anything...he probably did what i did and used your mod loadout to check your damage

also relying on your sentinel to do damage is going to put you in the wrong place in higher level runs.....reason being is your sent will most likely die...or you will probably mod your sent to not even use its weapon

my sentinel does not use its weapons at all because of all the defensive and support mods i put on....my sweeper does about 1k dmg but it still does not feel like its worth using compared to other mods that are more beneficial to me

Yeah I know, I just want it for general use and to speed up those extra kills in certain missions. 

Don't use this thread as an excuse for flaming.

You should re-read this thread and tell me whose the one flaming.

Alright, good to know. You seem to be one of the few that can actually help players :P I guess the l rifle is worth using some formae :D

It definitely is. Though like was mentioned, if you're using your sentinel to deal damage I'd be very sad. Guardian should always be the top-priority precept. Most of my builds have the attack precept dead last.

It definitely is. Though like was mentioned, if you're using your sentinel to deal damage I'd be very sad. Guardian should always be the top-priority precept. Most of my builds have the attack precept dead last.

thought it was regen then guardian....to keep the sent alive

I don't equip the attack precept anymore. I find coolant leak to be even more useful than my attack precept.