Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Laser Rifle Is Under-Powered?

(PSN)andre54321

Question

I don't understand why it doesn't have hitscan. With only 5 shots I feel as if it's not worth wasting Formas on...

Am I doing something wrong, or is deth cube's rifle just better because it actually hits the enemies?

This is my current build on it: http://gyazo.com/d7d9733a8a358f28beb754928305af7a

Don't get me wrong, it hits and kills enemies, but this is if they're standing still because they're frozen or bugged.

No need. The comments were harmless. You're the kid who pokes a dog through a fence then cries when it gets through and bites your @$$. 

Don't pick a fight then complain when you get punched.

Continue the useless spam, no-one is picking a fight. I asked a question, it was answered, crawl back to your hole because you're not trolling anyone.

thought it was regen then guardian....to keep the sent alive

Guardian, regen, sent ability, attack.

Coolant leak happens automatically so it can be last if you want.

Having guardian first will give you a shield recharge every 30 seconds (if your shield is down)

Regen doesn't actually respawn your sent, just heal it when it's on low health

Is regen even worth using? I never actually see it respawning o_O

If you pay attention when it's HP drops to zero instead of dying it actually refills.

(Ninja'd? Eh...)

And as for laser prime rifle, I put 5 V polarities on it. I can rely on my wyrm prime to do the killing instead of me up to 20 minutes in T4 defense. As long as I disarm them so they don't shoot it back.

Also, regen can be put in any position, it always happens, just like coolant leak and sanctuary.

Edited by (PS4)Lord_Gremlin

with only a 5rd burst and then a Reload, i'll never use the Weapon on my Sentinel. if it could atleast fire consistently for a while, i might try using it. 

i might suggest Crit Chance though. probably won't be useful, but honestly, i don't think anything is useful on those Weapons since Laser Rifle and Laser Pistol both just... get so few shots out. shoot a few shots, miss most, shoot a few more a second or two later. meh?

they just don't bring anything useful to the table if you ask me. Deth Rifle can apply Status from time to time luckily, since while it's a 1% Chance, it drops brass like an MH-6J/AH-6J, which is cool and also means that Status actually happens once in a while.

and Sweeper has a... very bad but acceptable 5% Status, which means it can apply Status once in a while in facehugging range.

they just don't bring anything useful to the table if you ask me. Deth Rifle can apply Status from time to time luckily, since while it's a 1% Chance, it drops brass like an MH-6J/AH-6J, which is cool and also means that Status actually happens once in a while.

and Sweeper has a... very bad but acceptable 5% Status, which means it can apply Status once in a while in facehugging range.

If you're in facehugging range prime laser rifle will deal almost twice the damage of either of those.

Edit: the littlebird comparison feels surprisingly accurate

Edited by vaugahn

Although it does miss shots, it does hit sometimes and honestly, it kills most things pretty fast. I'm not using my sentinel expecting it to do more damage, but to maybe kill enemies into a distance or finish them off while I reload or something.

This is what I plan to do to: (I'm no sentinel master, but I learned a lot from this thread...I think)

With 3 forma on the Wyrm: http://gyazo.com/a98f8cbcfd07268ced0cae05e5c7cb94

and 4 forma on the Prime laser rifle: http://gyazo.com/8a0561311bf281c86258c5d6a26e54ac

I think I got this down, thanks guys, I really do appreciate the super fast help and advice :)

If you're in facehugging range prime laser rifle will deal almost twice the damage of either of those.

Edit: the littlebird comparison feels surprisingly accurate

- but Sentinels don't deal a lot of Damage overall, it's just sprinkles on top of the cake. none of their Weapons is going to be killing things effectively once you get to later Levels (unless you really use Anti-Faction Mods and correct Elementals on your Sentinel trying to Meta for Damage, when you might as well just go for Status). i always have Radiation / Ice, as both of those Status Effects are useful, and the Damage Types are also moderately useful even, so it's a pretty nice general purpose Utility. and Sentinel Weapons are Utility if you ask me.

- ;) it's why i started using Deth Rifle, and eventually found it that it was also useful, due to the RoF.

Edit:

I swear that I remember a dev saying at some point that sentinel weapons cannot benefit from crit mods.

fairly easy to double check, add a Crit Chance Mod, see if the Arsenal changes. the Arsenal isn't 100% reliable, but if it doesn't change, probably a safe bet that Crit Mods don't affect them. which would be a bit poop but sobeit.

Edited by taiiat

- but Sentinels don't deal a lot of Damage overall, it's just sprinkles on top of the cake. none of their Weapons is going to be killing things effectively once you get to later Levels (unless you really use Anti-Faction Mods and correct Elementals on your Sentinel trying to Meta for Damage, when you might as well just go for Status). i always have Radiation / Ice, as both of those Status Effects are useful, and the Damage Types are also moderately useful even, so it's a pretty nice general purpose Utility. and Sentinel Weapons are Utility if you ask me.

- ;) it's why i started using Deth Rifle, and eventually found it that it was also useful, due to the RoF.

I've been running wyrm prime with stinger, but prime laser rifle has been pretty good. My sentinels don't shoot much anyways.

Guardian, regen, sent ability, attack.

Coolant leak happens automatically so it can be last if you want.

Having guardian first will give you a shield recharge every 30 seconds (if your shield is down)

Regen doesn't actually respawn your sent, just heal it when it's on low health

Guardian is a passive ability so its order does not matter. Proper order should be  Sent ability, regen, either guardian or attack. 

Yes it does. If Guardian comes after an attack precept, it will not activate as quickly or as reliably as it would if it were first.

-_-

Guardian is the same as coolant leak and sanctuary in that its effect is PASSIVE so it does not affect or interfere with precept priority.

ps: sorry op for derail

Edited by (PS4)cah55555

-_-

Guardian is the same as coolant leak and sanctuary in that its effect is PASSIVE so it does not affect or interfere with precept priority.

You're wrong. Anyone who uses guardian regularly with it off the primary slot with carrier has gone down a time or two because other precepts had priority.

-_-

We really need someone, somehow to confirm, because it is never stated if this mod is active or passive. I really think it is active. It feels like it is. the sentinel gains affinity for using this ability, and not coolant leak. I believe I've had vacuum take priority over this, and so I put it as the first precept. It has felt much more reactive ever since.

I use it always on all my sentinels. It works the same no matter where I put it. Look this up.

Sadly, the wiki doesn't specify passivity or activity.

Oooh, I found an interesting quote:

"Coolant Leak, Guardian or Sanctuary can be placed in any mod slot as its effect inherently passive, thus it is not affected by (nor does it interfere with) priority." http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Sentinels

The wiki may be wrong, so I will have to test this for myself later.

Edited by (PS4)IIIDevoidIII

DMR still has highest sustained because of the way it synergizes with the Fired Up sentinel mod.

Prime Laser Rifle has edged out Sweeper for DPS before a reload, but Sweeper still has higher damage per clip, and I like it more still (something to do with it not missing, lol). PLR gets only an average ~20% bonus damage from Fired Up :S

Sweeper is still king of status effects, especially the stagger.

Stinger is great for pure Toxin build against Corpus, or pure Corrosive burst DPS.