Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gram Vs Galatine

GunBladeSlash

Question

15 answers to this question

Just started leveling my Gram and with a max Fury it is surprisingly fast. The wiki says it should have around a 1.7 swing speed because the actual swing speed is faster than stated, but I doubt that.

Swing speed of Gram is always fast.

So, people saying Gram is better, care to elaborate?

They have pretty much the same damage, Galatine has more slash with less I/P. They have the same attack speed, they use the same animations and stances.

Besides slightly different damage types, the other difference is that Galatine has better crit and status chance.

So, how is Gram better?

They have pretty much the same damage, Galatine has more slash with less I/P. They have the same attack speed, they use the same animations and stances.

Besides slightly different damage types, the other difference is that Galatine has better crit and status chance.

So, how is Gram better?

It's faster.

As much as I hate to say this, seeing as how much I love the look of the Gram and the ideology of it being a "fast heavy sword" the Galatine is just straight up better in reality.

More reliable crits = more reliable use of Berserker stacks = Galatine is effectively faster.  Atop being the stronger of the two again due to the same.

So, how is Gram better?

galatine also has a much longer reach, comes in handy for me

and it feels like it hits for waayyyy higher channeling damage than gram

Edited by Keyton777