Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Dragon Nikana Really The Best Melee Weapon ?

spekosaurus3050

Question

Dragon nikana is definitely outstanding weapon because of its damage. I have seen few comparisons with Dakra prime, but it is definitely better than Dakra. But i haven't seen a single comparison with Orthos prime. Although Orthos prime has lower damage, it is much faster, can hit multiple targets easily, its jump attack is insane and its slide attack has really good damage. And everyone is saying that dragon nikana is the best. Am I missing something ? Please tell me what you think.

16 answers to this question

Ichors is best dps wise.....truly the ultimate valkyr back ornament....

I'd say dragon nikana is a close second BUT there are some other weapons I like that give good crowd control...like the fist and sparring weapons that can ragdoll enemies across the map.....not to mention there are weapons that have pure elemental damage like the serro and solliac.....

....who knows what truly is the best......I think it depends on player preference over anything....stat-wise.

Ichors is best dps wise.....truly the ultimate valkyr back ornament....

I'd say dragon nikana is a close second BUT there are some other weapons I like that give good crowd control...like the fist and sparring weapons that can ragdoll enemies across the map.....not to mention there are weapons that have pure elemental damage like the serro and solliac.....

....who knows what truly is the best......I think it depends on player preference over anything....stat-wise.

So many dots :o

Anyway, that's true that the Ichors are definetly top tier.... But they definetly need an alternative skin, I really don't like their look.

Anyway, I think that the Orthos has great range and awesome moves with an excellent dps... But not the best dps. So, it depends on what you prefer, I guess

If you care at all about range, then I tend to find Dragon Nikana superior. The damage of the top-tier melee weapons is honestly so close that you'd be hard pressed to find much actual difference between them (time taken to kill enemies). At that point I consider utility more important. Dragon Nikana has good reach and fluid animations. 

Serrano i dont know why but i just maxed its status and electricity damage and its cutting through infested hordes and grineer/corpus

i just had it on the suspicious shipments event and it was extremely useful (wouldnt need another weapon at all)

i know its supposed to be against the corpus but its extremely effective against grineer and the infested for the reason that it has a high chance to inflict "area proc damage" at least it feels like that every time it procs the enemies cant move an inch and i always hit like 2-4 enemies with it

amazing for crowd control and it swings with each strike in a wide arc (vertically) you get the feeling or mowing yourself through the hordes of different enemies with ease!

Best depends on what you use it for. 

The Dragon Nikana is the best weapon if you're never going to go into stance mode, and only use regular attacks to deal damage, not caring about your coptering.

Nami Skyla are best if you're only ever going to use slide attacks for damage.

Scoliac/Amphis is best for coptering, or mobility. Scoliac also has incredible reach.

Dual Ichor is best for sustained DPS.

Dakra Prime is best for hardest single hit in stance mode. 

Glaive Prime is best for supporting your ranged attacks. 

Jat Kittag is the best for crowd control with its leap attack. 

And then there are the other weapons that aren't the best at what they do, but can do multiple things well.