Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forum 2.0?

(PSN)Mulchman11

Has the idea of a reddit style forum ever been brought up?

I find that it's really hard to find factual information/content/posts from the developers (or people in the know) without wasting hours by going page to page through "hot" posts.  If "important"/relevant stuff could be upvoted to the top, or collated in some kind of digest format (consumable via RSS readers even), I think it would be greatly beneficial to everyone.  It would also cut out all the spam/garbage/drivel posts.

Yes there's the Warframe News section, but again, random people can post stuff so it's just filled with garbage.

I do not like the "reddit style". I really like the template of this aprtucilar forums, that's the reason it's the only one I have been around for several months.

As for the search, you could always use google or go into DE personel forums profiel and go into "find" content.

i agree, current forum is a big mass.

Too many forum sections, and only 0.1% is worth reading, rest is spam and "hype".

Only two things i use on the forum is the top10 most recent topics and the one below with top10 mos recent DE's posts.

Edited by Frostosti

. . Have you ever. .. looked to the right for developer posts? Where it says their latest quips?

No, where/what is that?

Finding things quickly is a big part of the problem of any linearly-flowing-antiquated forum like this one.

Edited by (PS4)Mulchman11

I don't actually visit reddit _live_, I read things that make it to their RSS and then if it piques my interest I'll check the thread.  I don't like forums in general, as I have to do the work; I want the information to come to me.  It's 2014; continuing forum/information patterns that existed back in 1999 just don't make sense to me.

I just hate this "regular" formus looks everywhere, tecnical stuff take too much of screenspace, no lines between posts, no huge black bars, and stuff like Posted Today, 09:52 PM \ Edited by asdasd, Today, 09:47 PM. \ Report \ MultiQuote \ Quote should be hidden or smaller.

something that works like muut.com would be so much better

Edited by GCoda

Reddit is a terrible system.  It makes it more of a popularity contest than an actual discussion board.  This system is far better, and the most most active topics are the ones that are on the front page. It also gives each topic its fair chance in the lime light. If there is ever a massive announcement, there will be a massive thread on the front page just from people discussing it to death.

Not to mention, if there is something the DE guys absolutely want you to know about on the forums, they can just sticky the topic to the top of the front page.