Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crimson Dervish Too Strong?

Beheader87

Even with Berserker + Fury + RB/Invis its still a damn slow stance compared to most others.  Then you have to add in the fact that it is also mostly a single target stance and not many swords can hit more than one target.
Even if it can make the weapons deal more damage than the Dragon Nikana, the Dragon Nikana still beats it because it has better reach, can hit a lot more enemies per strike, and can be a hek of a lot faster than a sword with CD on it.

I think that it is fairly balanced considering that.
Especially when you start considering the combo multiplier and how the faster weapons can get the combo up faster and end up beating CD that way while CD will struggle to get a high combo do to its much slower speed.

Even with Crimson dervish, the Dakra Prime, most damaging longsword out there, is NOTHING in comparison with even a mid-tier rifle or pistol. There is no such thing as "OP melee damage" as of now. The F*** guys?

50k damage with kogake

the crimson dervish stance's trade off is it's slower attack speed, mobility limiting and low reaching combo unlike it's other counter part. which is called iron phoenix that will cause impact proc on its thrusting end combo*staggers the enemy giving you chance to react* and it have another long and fast hitting combo that will release a AOE wave on its end combo when you are using some specific weapon for example:Heat sword: heat explosion,Ether Sword: radiation proc,Dark Sword: toxin proc and plasma sword: electric proc and etc... 

So in the end both of them have their own powerful side which won't make the other looks dull and less powerful but i personally like crimson dervish cuz iz rare and its combo hav sweg betch! *just kidding, lol depends on what polarity it matches*

I will take back a little of what I said earlier, I came off quite wrong. Well, I tested the stance and indeed it is powerful. Also slow as people say, but when it gets that speed going, then its a killing machine. But I still like it, it felt... Kinda right. Slow heavy attacks. Remember how Steve talked about them, you have the slow heavy attacks with lots of damage. And then the fast staggering attacks. Might have less damage, but in the run they are quite equal to one another. I dont know, but if they decide to do anything. Nothing is gonna stop them. 

The skana and this stance, just felt right. It was something about it, that felt really good. Like it was ment to be. 

This stance mod gives a 300% damage bonus on the first 3 hits. It makes the Skana as powerful as the Dragon Nikana.

So, with that in mind, does anyone think this will have a nerf in U14 or ever? Or does everyone think that if you grinded the bombards, its fair to be that good?

EDIT: Don't take this as asking for a nerf. I'm just curious because I don't want to waste the time grinding for a mod that might just be nerfed in the next patch or two.

Most of them did not even read anything all they saw was nerf lol

the combo is rather slow. not to mention it is about as easy to get as finding gold in your back yard.... 

I dont see it changing anytime soon, specially since its mods like this that actually make single swords worth using, not to mention more pressing matters to attend to

I hate crimson dervish personally.

Its not just slow but its range is pretty bad too,i couldnt move when i used it if i remember correctly.

Most people who want it are obsessed with numbers,they just use the mod to see high damage.

I wont even talk about those idiot who spam trading chat like WTB Crimson dervish for 5p,Then WTS Crimson Dervish for 150p,2 minutes later.

Mod itself doesnt need nerfs in my humble opinion.

TBH I would be fine with a damage nerf in exchange for increased speed.  Right now it's just stupid how slow it is.  When you fight with swords, you don't want to do much spinning as you expose your back and other "blind" parts of your body to counterattack, and in the times when you do spin you gotta be FAST.  It makes no sense to just slowly spin around like a lazy dancer when enemies are all around you trying to kill you. 

Also it goes against the name as it was named after the spinning dervishes who are dancers who spin around FAST.  Like really really fast.  Not incredibly slowly while you open yourself to getting stabbed in the back a few dozen times while your back is exposed to the enemy due to your painfully slow spinning.

Said it once, I'll say it again.
Other stances need damage boosts, albeit only at certain parts of the combos.

Dervish is slow, (supposedly), so there's that too.

Last hit on Brutal Tide's Rushing fire? Give it 300% boost.

Last hit on Gnashing Payara's Pincer Strike? 300% pls.

Life Eater? 300%
Any of those combos whose aim is to end in a final flashy move? 300% (Well, 200% works too.)

Most other combos on stances should have 25%-200% boosts sprinkled in.

We need incentive to go down complex combo routes, instead of just mashing E.

The AOEs, knockdowns, and 100% Procs that some give are nice, but not worth it unless the combo is very simple. 

Adding a damage boost to those big flashy hits would be a great start, and some stances already do it. This logic just needs to be shared through all the stances, and be applied to appropriate attacks.

Edited by Flackenstien

This stance mod gives a 300% damage bonus on the first 3 hits. It makes the Skana as powerful as the Dragon Nikana.

So, with that in mind, does anyone think this will have a nerf in U14 or ever? Or does everyone think that if you grinded the bombards, its fair to be that good?

EDIT: Don't take this as asking for a nerf. I'm just curious because I don't want to waste the time grinding for a mod that might just be nerfed in the next patch or two.

Since you don't have the stance, you really should either research it thoroughly or get it before giving feedback. It will make it more accurate.

Yes, there is a massive damage bonus on the first 3 hits. However, those hits are at roughly 1/3 speed of the 'quick attack' hits, so honestly, it's not the case that there's a buff compared to normal quick attack DPS.

It is better for one hit kills however, and small groups. 

I don't think it needs a nerf, it just opens up a comparable but different option in combat.