Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open World Movement

bonecrusher11315

You know how much resources and time that would take to create? Think 4 years or more. People want updates soo frequently that it would upset everyone if warframe was quiet for that long. Tho, I'm totally for open world stuff. This game would feel incredible if that happens.

You know how much resources and time that would take to create? Think 4 years or more. People want updates soo frequently that it would upset everyone if warframe was quiet for that long. Tho, I'm totally for open world stuff. This game would feel incredible if that happens.

It is more that the engine is not built for that and probably cannot handle large open worlds very well, so optimizing will be extremely difficult

It is more that the engine is not built for that and probably cannot handle large open worlds very well, so optimizing will be extremely difficult

Of course. If anything, programmers would need to work with the engine and figure out a way to expand it capabilities. Only then the developers can start working on "open world" environments. It's like any of those Elder Scrolls games where it would take a few years to develop. Tho, It would make warframe really interesting if it had such aspects but I don't think it's likely to happen.

There is a simple solution to this problem not true open world but the illusion would be there simply make every planet one entity divide it into cells that have door ways you transition through so only one cell is loaded at a time with random events you can activate say a pod falling from the sky would mark a defense mission you can activate it by stepping into the circle like we do now and so on for the rest of the missions

Second option is to do micro updates hide bits if completed code and updates in regular updates say 100 MB for the next year or 2 update the engine to handle open world  but leave the code inactive for the time then simply later do a binary code update to complete the posses as for 4 years hardly they have tons of tile sets all they need do is this use the city maps they have now like when fighting ruk  and then use the open maps i have seen in some alerts the ones with lush forest and so on to fill in the gaps 

there is an issue with vaults now but i think a simple solution to that would to hide vault entrances on every planet would make it interesting to find them also would not be level bound but rather an interface pops up where you pick a key to use and this takes you to a T1-4 

Next the derilic missions would be a non issue as the tenno Dojos are a space station so the ships can stay in space and as they are ships they can stay small single cell areas

There is a simple solution to this problem not true open world but the illusion would be there simply make every planet one entity divide it into cells that have door ways you transition through so only one cell is loaded at a time with random events you can activate say a pod falling from the sky would mark a defense mission you can activate it by stepping into the circle like we do now and so on for the rest of the missions

Second option is to do micro updates hide bits if completed code and updates in regular updates say 100 MB for the next year or 2 update the engine to handle open world  but leave the code inactive for the time then simply later do a binary code update to complete the posses as for 4 years hardly they have tons of tile sets all they need do is this use the city maps they have now like when fighting ruk  and then use the open maps i have seen in some alerts the ones with lush forest and so on to fill in the gaps 

there is an issue with vaults now but i think a simple solution to that would to hide vault entrances on every planet would make it interesting to find them also would not be level bound but rather an interface pops up where you pick a key to use and this takes you to a T1-4 

Next the derilic missions would be a non issue as the tenno Dojos are a space station so the ships can stay in space and as they are ships they can stay small single cell areas

0_0 I'd be blown away if this happens.