Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banshee The Forgotten Warframe (Why No One Use Her?)

OrphanMaker

the honest truth is alot of warframe players are not good enough to use her

they have relied on their rhino crutches for so long that when they jump in a banshee its a complete disaster 

if people used banshee and stuck with her for awhile its almost guaranteed to make them better warframe players 

she has got everything u need 3 crowd control skills and a damage buff but you cant just lazily walk around in the open like your used to with the overpowered warframes - you have to actually think tactically, respect the enemy and enviroment and play to your absolute advantage 

Maybe It just Banshee is outdated and there are now mods that can do her job better than her.

I have been Playing with Banshee lately and have noticed she is totally useless now.

First Her ability Silence is obsolete now, because we have the Hush and Suppress mods.

Her ability Sonar is obsolete now due to the the Enemy Radar mod and the Enemy Sense mod.

These two abilities are completely out classed now, and need a rework.

Her Ability Sonic Boom needs to ragdoll enemies, and allow the player to continuously blow enemies around.

Her Sound Quake is her worst ability. This ability turns Banshee into a big target. Sound Quake does little damage, have little to no utility, and is not worthy of being an ultimate.

Bandaid mods don't render warframe abilities useless; that's a crazy notion. 

Sonic Boom is on-demand cc.  It should be castable while shooting a la Volt Shock, but we can only hope for that change in the future.

Sonar offers a chance for a tremendous damage boost in addition to the useful radar effect.

Silence needs to actually be stealthy but offers a clutch 360 degree stagger even in its current state.

Sound Quake's range with Stretch is 29m, enough to keep a whole room off its feet for a potentially long time.  The damage per energy spent is also not bad and the initial damage wave hits twice at close range while being able to headshot (spam this up close for some good damage.)  If you also equip Overextended you can stunlock a whole map tile (sometimes multiple tiles!)  As long as you have energy (teammates' energy restores can prolong this for many minutes if desired.)

I'm not sure what to say about the rest of the post.  

I can say that your post was full of crazy conclusions and misinformation that is harmful to new players.  It is a good example of how not to feedback.

Edited by RealPandemonium

stuff

Okay, know it all, when was the last time you used her? When was the last time you used those so called BAND-AID MODS!!??? Huh? Can you answer me that?

Your full of pandemonium, pandemonium. Your full of s----!

I was using her before I posted this! What do you think inspired me to post this thread.

She is terrible in her current state. Right now her abilities are glitching... Did you know about that, "know it all?"

You are just desperate to post some counter, over general, ignorant, bashing. baloney.

Edited by OrphanMaker

So it seems like this Banshee buff plz thread is still around.

I did a challenge run with Banshee and Sonic Boom on the day before update 14 hit so I can tell you that ability alone is enough to control the whole battlefield, no need for buffs there. I believe Sonic Boom is the cheapest, most effective cc available right now in the game.

If you're interested, here it is:

4:15 for sonic boom spam

Bandaid mods don't render warframe abilities useless; that's a crazy notion. 

Sonic Boom is on-demand cc.  It should be castable while shooting a la Volt Shock, but we can only hope for that change in the future.

Sonar offers a chance for a tremendous damage boost in addition to the useful radar effect.

Silence needs to actually be stealthy but offers a clutch 360 degree stagger even in its current state.

Sound Quake's range with Stretch is 29m, enough to keep a whole room off its feet for a potentially long time.  The damage per energy spent is also not bad and the initial damage wave hits twice at close range while being able to headshot (spam this up close for some good damage.)  If you also equip Overextended you can stunlock a whole map tile (sometimes multiple tiles!)  As long as you have energy (teammates' energy restores can prolong this for many minutes if desired.)

I'm not sure what to say about the rest of the post.  

I can say that your post was full of crazy conclusions and misinformation that is harmful to new players.  It is a good example of how not to feedback.

Completely agree with this.

You should probably play around with different builds on Banshee more, OP.

Edited by Yopee

So it seems like this Banshee buff plz thread is still around.

I did a challenge run with Banshee and Sonic Boom on the day before update 14 hit so I can tell you that ability alone is enough to control the whole battlefield, no need for buffs there. I believe Sonic Boom is the cheapest, most effective cc available right now in the game.

If you're interested, here it is:

Completely agree with this.

You should probably play around with different builds on Banshee more, OP.

And please stop calling people names. You may attack their posts but not the people that wrote them.

Well lets talk about the psychology going on here. First off no one uses Banshee. She is not very popular. Why? I told you why?

Secondly, the only people who is clicking and reading this post are Banshee fans. "now you will say you are not a Banshee fan to keep your credibility."  "And why does being a Banshee fan figure into all this" you may ask. Simple, you have been blinded by your fandom, which is causing you to have an inaccurate judgement. Last, you may be posting comments here based on your instinctive drive to win. Your just trying to win an argument.

What I commented about Banshee is competent. I dont care for fandom, I dont care for bashing a warframe. All I care for is gameplay and game desing.

The fact is, Banshee is a forgotten, neglected, relic of damage 1.0. She was created before, suppression mods, and radar mods. These two mods have made her completely obsolete. The only usefulness she posses is her ability to give nx multiplier with her sonar ability. Also "I believe Sonic Boom is the cheapest, most effective cc available" Volt shock is 5x more useful. Volt shock, can stun lock a group of enemies in an radial area of initial cast, more range, more damage, its faster, and can be cast while reloading.

ps your video proves nothing. I can do just the same with any warframe, including Banshee. Skill can cover the fault of multitudes.

Edited by OrphanMaker

Well lets talk about the psychology going on here. First off no one uses Banshee. She is not very popular. Why? I told you why?

Secondly, the only people who is clicking and reading this post are Banshee fans. "now you will say you are not a Banshee fan to keep your credibility."  "And why does being a Banshee fan figure into all this" you may ask. Simple, you have been blinded by your fandom, which is causing you to have an inaccurate judgement. Last, you may be posting comments here based on your instinctive drive to win. Your just trying to win an argument.

What I commented about Banshee is competent. I dont care for fandom, I dont care for bashing a warframe. All I care for is gameplay and game desing.

The fact is, Banshee is a forgotten, neglected, relic of damage 1.0. She was created before, suppression mods, and radar mods. These two mods have made her completely obsolete. The only usefulness she posses is her ability to give nx multiplier with her sonar ability. Also "I believe Sonic Boom is the cheapest, most effective cc available" Volt shock is 5x more useful. Volt shock, can stun lock a group of enemies in an radial area of initial cast, more range, more damage, its faster, and can be cast while reloading.

ps your video proves nothing. I can do just the same with any warframe, including Banshee. Skill can cover the fault of multitudes.

Oh no labels!

You just label the opposing side as baised without any supporting evidence and against supporting evidence because you have nothing to prove your point

Lets break it down

Push has a huge range and witdth and knocks everythig down for near nothing . Fast easy spammable

Sonar gives between 2ish and 11x dmg boost on enemies. can you say weapon scaling?

Silence is arguably useful but that long range stun is great for frame weapon synergy with sonar and pierce or AoE weapon builds

Sound Quake

Nothing can move

NOTHING CAN MOVE

Shes a CC frame with a bit of buff and utility

Perfect for end game content though mid and low game she feels weaker she really does just fine because of how well she scales in utility

She is not fine as she is. Those of you that say so are afraid of what can happen during a rework maybe but she needs one. Banshee was my favorite frame prenerf and I was even the president of her fan club, I dont have her profile pic for nothing. Took me two weeks to get her helm to drop from xini back in the day so I guess you can say I put a lot of time and effort into her. Im saying she needs a buff/rework as someone who loves the frame and had been using her since around the time she came out.

She is not fine as she is. Those of you that say so are afraid of what can happen during a rework maybe but she needs one. Banshee was my favorite frame prenerf and I was even the president of her fan club, I dont have her profile pic for nothing. Took me two weeks to get her helm to drop from xini back in the day so I guess you can say I put a lot of time and effort into her. Im saying she needs a buff/rework as someone who loves the frame and had been using her since around the time she came out.

never got nerfed. She's never been as good as she is now, seriously. 

If you are talking about the damage nerf on SQ a long time ago, when a whole area can't move it may be too much if it was vaporized at the same time by the same attack. 

@people who say sonar and silence are obsolete, don't forget hush and enemy sense are both mostly unused mods because they sacrifice a mod slot just for a little utility. 

However, Sonar allows great damage boost and silence is a powerful mobile stun before being a stealth ability. And when enemies don't move, they are easy targets and cruelly weak against anything. 

That's why Banshee is good. Really, don't try to argue with that, many frames are far behind her in terms of support/cc (which is supposed to be her role)

Edit : I still agree that Sonar needs a tweak or two. The fact it becomes useless against most of the bosses is sad, so maybe make it only target weak spots.

That's all she needs.

Edited by DeadScream