Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do You Get Xp If You Are Dead?

(PSN)iBoiz

Question

I convinced my friend to start playing warframe and we are now working on leveling him up on Defense missions. The problem is that he dies easily(he chose Loki as a start frame) so I have to keep reviving him. I was thinking of telling him to die and just wait while I'll be killing everything and getting us xp. Would it work? Would he get xp if he is dead?

Edited by (PS4)iBoiz

12 answers to this question

I convinced my friend to start playing warframe and we are now working on leveling him up on Defense missions. The problem is that he dies easily(he chose Loki as a start frame) so I have to keep reviving him. I was thinking of telling him to die and just wait while I'll be killing everything and getting us xp. Would it work? Would he get xp if he is dead?

help him with a frost.... I always use my frost for newbie support... that or my vauban.... 

No he wont get xp

Do we know that for a fact? I haven't found anything on the subject, and haven't spend enough time dead to notice one way or the other. It's worth noting, though, that even if you DO gain XP while dead, your location is probably considered to be where you died, and since XP gained from group kills has a distance limit... even if you technically can get XP, it will stop as soon as the group moves on.

So in conclusion... dying is generally not recommended.

learn him how to run properly to dodge most ennemy shot (yes that possible)

absolutely.

the best way to help a new player is to help them learn the art of avoiding incoming Damage entirely. mobility is our most powerful Offense and Defense.