Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wallrun / Parkour Stealth Nerf (This Changes Have Nothing To Do With The Exploit Fix Mentioned In The Patch Notes)

.Talia.

It was a terrible idea, i hope this is a mistake, please turn back the way it was!! The latest patch stealth nerfed the parkour, it was a bad decision, i am still hoping its some kind of mistake.

Fixes

• Fixed a movement exploit where you can wall run up/slide/wall run up indefinitely.

This fix was supposed to change the basic climbing (repeatedly clicking slide/crouch while holding space on a vertical wall) but running up indefinitely on a wall have nothing to do parkour! This fix must have changed the wall run physics, the impact of this change on the Parkour is unmeasurable, specially on PvP, Conclaves are dull now, we're back to sprinting and coptering. Literally every Parkour trick is now GONE.

Please, i loved everything in this update 14, but i was never so disappointed in this game as i am right now, this was a terrible decision, i sincerely hope its a bug or a mistake. 

....   No..   was a bug/glitch/expolt for wall running/climbing.    most of verticle wall running is meant for ledges and a wall to wall bounce for a couple of maps.   Running up indefinately on a smooth surface is not possible.   Unless we have magno boots.  but if we did..  why do we even need stamina to run on walls?  or why do we slowly slide down when wall running, etc etc etc.   

Reason.. we have no magno boots.     Crouch spriting up a wall, is fun for the dojo,  but in the game..  not usefull.   that and the whole smooth surface thing.   would need something to grab onto to restart the run.  but we don't.  so we can run for a bit then ether jump off, slide down or just drop..

....   No..   was a bug/glitch/expolt for wall running/climbing.    most of verticle wall running is meant for ledges and a wall to wall bounce for a couple of maps.   Running up indefinately on a smooth surface is not possible.   Unless we have magno boots.  but if we did..  why do we even need stamina to run on walls?  or why do we slowly slide down when wall running, etc etc etc.   

Reason.. we have no magno boots.     Crouch spriting up a wall, is fun for the dojo,  but in the game..  not usefull.   that and the whole smooth surface thing.   would need something to grab onto to restart the run.  but we don't.  so we can run for a bit then ether jump off, slide down or just drop..

No, the bug/glitch/exploit was to run up indefinitely (repeadedly clicking crouch/slide on a vertical wall to climb it)

But the fix messed with the wallrun too.

Don't know what your talking about the fix messing with other wall running.   I'm able to run on walls just fine,  if you mean they fixed the massive wall slinging effect too..  then..  WOOT

Yes, you clearly don't know what i'm talking about.

DE why you nerf the the most fun things all the time ?

IMO the wall vault is what maskes this game so awesome ! Litterally my #1 feature never touch vaulting or coptering please.

P.S I don't play PVP so this is not just a pvp problem.

Edited by Tr1ples1xer

Yes, you clearly don't know what i'm talking about.

Well perhaps you could explain it better?.     

I've ran several missions and the run walling seems just fine to me.  I don't play conclaves cause they don't interest me in the slightest.    So what issues are you having,  cause just saying it messed with wall running isnt useful.    

How did it mess with it,  what could you do before the fix that you can't do now?   etc etc etc.   Don't assume that everyone is going to know what you are talking about,.  So give as much detail as you can, including steps to do the action so others can repeat it..   

Edited by Tveoh

Well perhaps you could explain it better?.     

I've ran several missions and the run walling seems just fine to me.  I don't play conclaves cause they don't interest me in the slightest.    So what issues are you having,  cause just saying it messed with wall running isnt useful.    

How did it mess with it,  what could you do before the fix that you can't do now?   etc etc etc.   Don't assume that everyone is going to know what you are talking about,.  So give as much detail as you can, including steps to do the action so others can repeat it..   

Literally every parkour trick is now gone. 

Everything you see on this video is now impossible to do: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G23-VVOJp0w

The fix mentioned on the patch notes, is related to the basic climbing , repeatedly pressing slide/crouch while holding space on a vertical wall. That was indeed a glitch, but this fix must have messed with the wall vaulting physics, all parkour is now gone, the sling shot is not powerful enough to connect wallruns to move around faster through the maps. And this have nothing to do with the glitch mentioned in the patch notes.

DE why you nerf the the most fun things all the time ?

IMO the wall vault is what maskes this game so awesome ! Litterally my #1 feature never touch vaulting or coptering please.

P.S I don't play PVP so this is not just a pvp problem.

I know Tr1ples1xer and its awesome that you, as an avid anti-PvPer, are supporting the topics about this, because this change have nothing to do with PvP, its really not just a PvP problem.

Edited by RexSol

I know Tr1ples1xer and its awesome that you, as an avid anti-PvPer, are supporting the topics about this, because this change have nothing to do with PvP, its really not just a PvP problem.

:D I have learned to accept pvp since I don't really have to play it, others can why not ?

Oh and the parkour is my favorite thing about this game ;P

i made this: 

Edited by Tr1ples1xer

Infinite wallruns should not be physically possible.  I do have to agree though messing around in the dojo is quite interesting.  But that's not the thing I have a problem with.

In PVE, maybe infinitely wallrunning to a position such that enemies cannot reach you is considered somewhat stupid, but wallrunning is not used for such purposes.  Wallrunning is much faster than continuous coptering, and able to move in the air to avoid enemy fire.  It is tremendously useful especially against the Grineer, who are devastating in close range.  

In PVP, since everyone can essentially one-shot one another, it is pointless to try to tank an opponent.  Instead, we rely on parkour and speed.  They allow a agile player to outflank a slow opponent.  In this recent update, the distance and speed off of a wallrun jump is significantly nerfed, therefore making nothing of some of the more impressive parkour I have seen in my time.  

With the nerf, I can now even front-vault (slide, shift space shift) farther than I can bounce off of a wall, which doesn't make sense!  Even so, I have still found a way to infinitely wall-climb, therefore making this nerf completely useless.

I hope you deeply consider this, DE.

EDIT:

I have just tested this in the Grineer Galleon tileset.  I found many of my evasion tricks are rendered useless due to the lack of distance and air I can put between myself and a crowd of Heavies.

Edited by poponono

Wall launching was dumb. Obviously DE removed it because they felt like it did not fit in the game, who cares about all the climbing tricks that were ruined, at least now people won't be slinging around the map. I only hope they decide to remove coptering and polish the movement more. Perhaps making movement for sprinting and wall running faster for starters.

Edited by DesuEx

slide>frontflip also once a exploit they said.
change it and ppl get mad.

wall jump also nerfed?

No wonder I failed to get to another place by doing it on shipyardmap(CERES).
I see that horizontal+upward white paint...but cant reach another side with vertical white paint.

Make movement faster sound not so good.Since speed already different from some frame.(personal opinion)

Wall launching was dumb. Obviously DE removed it because they felt like it did not fit in the game, who cares about all the climbing tricks that were ruined, at least now people won't be slinging around the map. I only hope they decide to remove coptering and polish the movement more. Perhaps making movement for sprinting and wall running faster for starters.

O________O

get out!

but on a more serious note, i can see why DE might have taken out wall slinging, as it is fairly unrealistic and very potentially game breaking. after all, whats the point of being stealthy when you can just sling yourself past every enemy without harm? where is the strategy involved when you can just fly away whenever you want? etc.

So I can see why they did it, but in terms of fun factor yes it was very fun. I LOVE coptering with max attack speed + berserker + quickening because its just plain fun to fly across the entire map in under a second.

So DE has to make a choice. 1. Have these extra fun things in that make the game a little silly at times. or 2. Have a more realistic, and emerging game play  that makes the players rely more on their skills in stealth and shooting.

TBH im fine with ether, I would prefer the first, because when it comes down to it ill probably get bored much faster of the game. But if they take out coptering too, ill live with it because warframe is an excellent game with or without it.

I hope thay change back the wallrun slingshot effect without it parkour is so boring.

It could easy be balanced with overcharging your shields and take friendly damage, it is a proven concept for risk vs reward (Rocketjump)