Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am I The Only One?

Zeptimus

Poor, lonely Tenno, where is your memory? Nevermind that, here, have a pet! Pets make everything better. Don't worry; you're a space ninja assassin, with only the Lotus as your guide... and your fellow Tenno... and now a really annoying ship... and a pet! Happy Family Tenno!

Short version: meh to pet mutts. I think if I ever get one, I'll name mine 'The Lotus'.

I don't think they're out of place thematically, since dogs accompanying warriors is a pretty common theme in fiction. 

What I'm most irritated by their introduction is:

- Monetization. 100k credits a week to maintain your doggy at 100% effectiveness. That's kind of ridiculous for people who don't play for hours a day. No, "Real dogs take effort too!" is not an excuse. And let's not get into the plat you could spend on all of their annoying-to-get components.

- Potential bad AI. I haven't even seen one in a mission yet. I haven't read anything about how effective they are in combat. All I hear is that they're cute, which doesn't bode well for me.

- Battlefield clutter. Four players all running around with dogs is going to look really messy.

- Why use one when you have your 4 ability or a Synapse/Boltor/Penta/etc.?

They don't offer much to the game other than "Hey, we came up with this idea one day back when we were making Sentinel cosmetics and now we're going to turn it into this vague concept I had and leave it at that before moving onto the next feature."

So it's not a matter of not fitting the game's theme so much as it is that they just feel completely unnecessary in a game where there's not much to do other than shoot input-reading bots for an hour or two. 

But yeah, battlefield clutter is my biggest concern with these guys.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

Personally, I feel they were just a gimmick DE wanted in so they could use them to try and draw older players back, while adding "content".

You implying we're sad old buggers ? . . .here pooch, come to daddy, feedies time, sorry about that, little feller was humping my leg, lol . .

not me, 65 plats from the market and he stays in the ship as my de-stressor after a busy session killing everything which moved . .

Ah deal from Darvo, he probably got it from his worker that slaughtered more dens and kubrows then you. Just wondering, if Grineers got their hands on one in the transport ship why not steal that one instead.

On the bright side, is like saving that egg from crazy experiment Grineers will conduct on it.

Edited by Auxeus

I don't think they're out of place thematically, since dogs accompanying warriors is a pretty common theme in fiction. 

What I'm most irritated by their introduction is:

- Monetization. 100k credits a week to maintain your doggy at 100% effectiveness. That's kind of ridiculous for people who don't play for hours a day. No, "Real dogs take effort too!" is not an excuse. And let's not get into the plat you could spend on all of their annoying-to-get components.

- Potential bad AI. I haven't even seen one in a mission yet. I haven't read anything about how effective they are in combat. All I hear is that they're cute, which doesn't bode well for me.

- Battlefield clutter. Four players all running around with dogs is going to look really messy.

- Why use one when you have your 4 ability or a Synapse/Boltor/Penta/etc.?

They don't offer much to the game other than "Hey, we came up with this idea one day back when we were making Sentinel cosmetics and now we're going to turn it into this vague concept I had and leave it at that before moving onto the next feature."

So it's not a matter of not fitting the game's theme so much as it is that they just feel completely unnecessary in a game where there's not much to do other than shoot input-reading bots for an hour or two. 

But yeah, battlefield clutter is my biggest concern with these guys.

How are they any more clutter than sentinels?

I agree, they dont really fit, maybe if they looked more like Zanuka or had some kind of tenno-looking armor they'd fit much more. That said, they are so goddamn adorable I cant say no.

(It's not gonna replace my maxed-formad Carrier in ages but it's nice to have a fluffy pet to pet when I get back from a long mission.)