Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

People Need To Stop: U14 Criticism

I have been a loyal player of this beautiful game since U9 and i have watched i grow and develop into the crazy-awesome 3rd person shooter it is today. I have seen the game's ups and downs and the community reacting in negative and positive ways. But the criticism towards U14 has become too much. DE has worked their butts off to give us the most anticipated and ground-breaking update yet and now that its here all i see is complaining and harsh criticism. Yes i have witnessed the chaos for myself upon the release of U14 and i have had my fair share of problems, but not once have i turned my frustration to the game's developers. Why can't people be understanding? With a change this big problems are bound to happen and it is our job as a community to be as respectful as we can when it comes to facing and reporting these problems. Yes you can criticize but do it in a way that won't leave the hard workers of DE feeling like they've failed us.

I'm not trying to start anything but please take note of what I say. Give the respect DE deserves because their hard work doesn't deserve any of the harsh negativity that i have seen over the past couple of days.

I know what you mean. The thing is that players who don't show at least a bit of respect are nothing but some spoiled kids! Yes I said it and I will say it again kids. They have absolutely no idea what means to get something for free and that someone is working hard so they can enjoy a free game!

You kids can quote me as much as you want because I don't give a damn! Like the OP said I'm tired of such people.

Because there are too many kids here. They are full of hate. They can not appreciate the work that devs put into this game.

I have never seen a game with such beautiful graphics, optimization and real time patching.

Great job Devs on the U14. I am especially grateful to the guy from the music and sounds effects. I feel like I was on this ship really :)

I agree and disagree.

I agree that the people who aren't leaving constructive criticism should stop filling the forums with threads, as that is causing nothing but trouble and confusion. 

I disagree that all criticism should be stopped.

I also feel that the people who are doing nothing but praising DE and saying nothing is wrong should also stop.

Oh really? DE have to be ready for this. They want money? Ok, but a lot of different people come and some of them are kids. 

Also,

I know what you mean. The thing is that players who don't show at least a bit of respect are nothing but some spoiled kids! Yes I said it and I will say it again kids. They have absolutely no idea what means to get something for free and that someone is working hard so they can enjoy a free game!

You kids can quote me as much as you want because I don't give a damn! Like the OP said I'm tired of such people.

That attitude is no good. Leave the forums if you're so tired.

I agree and disagree.

I agree that the people who aren't leaving constructive criticism should stop filling the forums with threads, as that is causing nothing but trouble and confusion. 

I disagree that all criticism should be stopped.

I also feel that the people who are doing nothing but praising DE and saying nothing is wrong should also stop.

I couldn´t agree more.

People should stop calling others "kids" as well.

your right this is getting annoying people complaining about UI,Kubrow etc. 

what is with you people?

Devs work off their @$$ to bring content out for free even work through night nearly destroy themself just you can complain about every crap(they are only humans, give them some time and sleep, hell the update is out for nearly 2 days and people whine,hate,complain because of bugs)

you pushed them so hard to release the content so early and expect everything working?

Edit: they will fix it just give them some time 

Edited by TheFirstRonin

they could have avoid nearly all the negative comments by simply having someone outside of DE test or see a working/moving preview of this stuff, dont they have the design council and founders who could have tested this before landing it in our laps and avoid the atypical bedlam that occured this time.

Edited by Methanoid

Ok, any line of work needs criticism and i completely understand and support that. But there is a type of criticism that goes too far. im not saying worship the Devs like gods but dont bash their work as if it means nothing to them.

they only had to have a few ppl test it outside of DE and they probably would have gotten an honest opinion regarding at least the UI changes and avoid every negative UI post thats cropping up en-mass.

your right this is getting annoying people complaining about UI,Kubrow etc. 

what is with you people?

Devs work off their @$$ to bring content out for free even work through night nearly destroy themself just you can complain about every crap(they are only humans, give them some time and sleep, hell the update is out for nearly 2 days and people whine,hate,complain because of bugs)

you pushed them so hard to release the content so early and expect everything working?

Edit: they will fix it just give them some time 

Hi TheFirstRonin,

I personally do not think DE is lazy. I think they should be more cautious and measured about how they approach updates and announcements. Rabid fans always push for more stuff but DE shouldn't have to cave in to said demands. What DE shouldn't have done is set a short deadline, ram through a bunch of new content and then expect the consumers to pick up said pieces. Sure, new builds will always have bugs but gamebreaking ones that prevent players from essentially playing a game should not be so prolific. 

U14 felt like no one even playtested the build or even tried the quests. Essentially, the devs just built a bunch of expectation and then it blew up on them when they don't have enough time to even try and see if it works. Hence the early morning (by EST standards) release. They really should learn how to manage updates and releases. Plus, I have made the same calls since update 8. A lot less frustration if they had played it once to see how broken some of the quests are.

Edited by Tubercle1801

Constructive criticism is good. Blind hate is bad.

I love the UI, though I do have a few misgivings about it. But there are those that totally dislike it, and their voices should be heard too - as long as said voices aren't spewing profanities, insults, and asinine threats.

Constructive criticism is good. Blind hate is bad.

I love the UI, though I do have a few misgivings about it. But there are those that totally dislike it, and their voices should be heard too - as long as said voices aren't spewing profanities, insults, and asinine threats.

well said

Hi TheFirstRonin,

I personally do not think DE is lazy. I think they should be more cautious and measured about how they approach updates and announcements. Rabid fans always push for more stuff but DE shouldn't have to cave in to said demands. What DE shouldn't have done is set a short deadline, ram through a bunch of new content and then expect the consumers to pick up said pieces. Sure, new builds will always have bugs but gamebreaking ones that prevent players from essentially playing a game should not be so prolific. 

U14 felt like no one even playtested the build or even tried the quests. Essentially, the devs just built a bunch of expectation and then it blew up on them when they don't have enough time to even try and see if it works. Hence the early morning (by EST standards) release. They really should learn how to manage updates and releases. Plus, I have made the same calls since update 8. A lot less frustration if they had played it once to see how broken some of the quests are.

You are right.But i personally think that DE sometimes release content too early or like you said without enough testing, i would rather have waited another one or two weeks for the Update just to get it less buggy.

and i think the majority would agree that waiting one week more wouldnt kill them. 

just so that things like those progression blocking bugs could get sorted out

Edited by TheFirstRonin

i'm reminded of a few quotes from Peter Anspach's Evil Overlord list regarding this updates UI.

One of my advisors will be an average five-year-old child. Any flaws in my plan that he is able to spot will be corrected before implementation.

When I employ people as advisors, I will occasionally listen to their advice.

If my trusted lieutenant tells me my Legions of Terror are losing a battle, I will believe him. After all, he's my trusted lieutenant.

If an advisor says to me "My liege, he is but one man. What can one man possibly do?", I will reply "This." and kill the advisor.

If my advisors ask "Why are you risking everything on such a mad scheme?", I will not proceed until I have a response that satisfies them.

I will not use any plan in which the final step is horribly complicated, e.g. "Align the 12 Stones of Power on the sacred altar then activate the medallion at the moment of total eclipse." Instead it will be more along the lines of "Push the button."

I will maintain a realistic assessment of my strengths and weaknesses. Even though this takes some of the fun out of the job, at least I will never utter the line "No, this cannot be! I AM INVINCIBLE!!!" (After that, death is usually instantaneous.)

If a group of henchmen fail miserably at a task, I will not berate them for incompetence then send the same group out to try the task again.

http://www.eviloverlord.com/lists/overlord.html