Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yep No More Infested For Me

Demon-King-Lamb

Well you're standing directly in the cloud, and I assume you know by now that they can't spread said clouds while carrying a crawler. Really, with some basic prioritization of targets and at least one of your squad members being able to hit a flying target these things are beyond easy to deal with. They even telegraph their attacks now!

I don think this thread is supposed to be an analyzation of my actions leading up to my death - you need a VIDEO to tell that. Since the camera is pointed at the pod, through toxic clouds you cannot tell if that is a clear area - and nobody just "stands there" during defense. That's where I ended up, apparently trying to get OUT of the cloud. The toxin is very potent (you should know this). This pic is a snapshot - a split second in time, those clouds are everywhere and inescapable. I do believe I was there - I might know a little bit more about the situation than you do. As far as being able to shoot the Osprey and that "telegraph" comment - the OSPREY AREN'T THE ONLY THINGS THERE. What are you proposing, shooting at this Osprey while two Chargers are scratching at you and three Toxic Ancients are pulling you into the cloud that the other two Osprey are pooping out? The reason there are no enemies in the pic, if you look up to the left, the wave was over... barely. I don't think you have tried it yet, if your talking like that - no balance, way too confident. Another White Knight??? Your "advice" is unrealistic, ill advised, and just plain doesn't work.

mZPeE1u.gif

YOUR A GENUS!

On top of what is said in the op dont forget the auras that sap energy and heal that stack when more than one in the area. I thought on the live stream they said ancient disruptor no longer took all your energy but its still happening.

Does vaughn know that unless you one shot kill the Osprey - which most players at this level area cannot do - it will immediately blast across the area, spreading toxic clouds? And when it shoots across the area, you have be Deadeye to shoot that thing. SO even if you CAN hit a flying object there's no guarantee you will kill it right off (most likely not), and then your living in toxin city...

-snip-

Here, let me break this down for you:

1. see infested

2. see osprey

3. shoot osprey

4. shoot the rest of the infested

Or if you have a vauban on your team

1. see infested

2. see osprey

3. shoot osprey

4. laugh at infested stuck in a vortex

The trick is teamwork: you have four guys, don't all shoot at the same thing. The proc chance of the clouds was reduced as well so unless you just take a seat in the cloud you can escape with your health intact.

Oh, and nice double post.. 

Here, let me break this down for you:

1. see infested

2. see osprey

3. shoot osprey

4. shoot the rest of the infested

Or if you have a vauban on your team

1. see infested

2. see osprey

3. shoot osprey

4. laugh at infested stuck in a vortex

The trick is teamwork: you have four guys, don't all shoot at the same thing. The proc chance of the clouds was reduced as well so unless you just take a seat in the cloud you can escape with your health intact.

Oh, and nice double post.. 

Here, let me correct this for you

1. see infested

2. see osprey

3. don't see ancient disruptor that spawned behind you

4. shoot osprey

5. miss osprey a few times

6. get grappled by ancient behind you

7. get zerged by infested

8. get energy drained by the lot while down

9. see opsrey spreading toxic gases

10. run while shooting franticly behind you

11. curses the game, while wondering why nobody seems to join your squad (you got sh't internet anyway, like half the world)

Cross-posting this from another similar thread

The way they (infested in update 14) are now would be fine with a few changes.

1. Build up bar for status ailments.  So whenever you are being effected, by something like toxic, slash, and maybe even energy drain, you would get a bar that started to fill up and the effect would not activate until the bar was full. (in-world explanations for these would not be hard)

2. Add in a knockdown tech system. When you get knocked down, hit jump just as your back hits the ground, and you would instantly roll back to your feet.

Now all of the Infested's "annoying" techniques stop being annoying because they have skill based counters, and they would become even more fun to play against.

The toxic damage is out of hand, ive seen two ospreys and a couple other various enemy types wipe 2-3 members of my team in a matter of seconds multiple times.  Ospreys seem more durrable than they used to be and they seem to use the toxic clouds more often than before and on top of each other to cover a larger area.  Toss in some stagger from various other enemies and the shield bypassing damage will wreck a team that otherwise is doing a great job.   

Its almost suicide to melee infested now, especially when the ancients start coming out.  

Edited by ClockworkSpectre

I just wish kubrow were effected by health drops and Renewal because currently only blessing can heal them.

They are, I can confirm that both renewal and health-orb pickups heal kubrows. Also, Pack Leader is very useful.

Edited by Varzy

Why do people want the infested to be difficult anyway?  I rather like being able to grind levels off something easy and weak. 

*slap*

The toxic damage is out of hand, ive seen two ospreys and a couple other various enemy types wipe 2-3 members of my team in a matter of seconds multiple times.  Ospreys seem more durrable than they used to be and they seem to use the toxic clouds more often than before and on top of each other to cover a larger area.  Toss in some stagger from various other enemies and the shield bypassing damage will wreck a team that otherwise is doing a great job.   

Its almost suicide to melee infested now, especially when the ancients start coming out.  

In my experience the ospreys tend to have more health than the ancients do at later levels. Maybe its cuz their hit boxes are so much smaller or possibly still not fixed [like all ospreys if thats still the case] or maybe its because theyre getting too much armor or something. They should have just as much health as a normal osprey, would solve a lot of the problems. Id also reduce the status proc chance to 0% so you wont take any more damage as soon as ya get out of the spray. Or could change the damage type from toxin to corossosive.

I did write a bunch of my feedback for it in a post already though. Feel free to give it a look and add your own experiences and suggestions.

TLDR though, I dont think any faction should be treated as the whipping boy you farm for easy exps. :/ Infested needed the buff a long time coming. Should have been sooner, then all this crybabying coulda been avoided. But I think DE are half assing a lot of these improvements.

Edited by unmog

Infested are broken op atm it is not a challenge it is just badly balanced . Infested now stack energy drain /sap energy / poison daamge / hooks / stun / fire blats / reduce weapon damage / reduce overall damaage that can be stacked  and generally too much cc and damage to enjoy them . There should be a huge nerf towads how many stacks can apply in total for exxample if they are 3 energy drain auras only 1 will be active same goes for the protections that healer provides and th amount of ospreys that spawn at a round ( around 2 ) and the stack of the poison wich will be around 3 from 8 that reduces 5 health per tick . The recent buffs of the infested do nothing more than force vauban / nova even more in ODD and camping on top of towers . It is highly unlikly to be able to stay at ground beyong wave 20+ and meelee expect if you are rhino . I personally play as a valkyr and with full armor / health she cant stand the damage wich was made for that and in quite honestly that is ridiculous i mean if vcalkyr cant stand the damage with 1260 armor and 860 health squishier frames are even more unlikly to be able to be in infested map . So now to go at least 30 wave in ODD you MUST have at least Nova / Vauban  and 2 randoms like nekros and mrage that will do nothing more than camping on the towers and if you say they can grab them you just go a bit higher.Also do me a favor and stop licking the boots of DE saying they did a good job because they did not 

Edited by Garuger

We allready have 2 factions that can hit scan you from across the map, I thought infested was supposed to be the easier faction, fun relaxing horde mode. Challenge does not always equal fun imo, if I'm more stressed than having fun while playing I don't think its a good idea either.

Stop changing everything all the time :D