The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Update 14 = Overheating

Hircine21

Hmmm....I seem to be having a very irritating occurrence going on...Ever since I started playing Warframe...which was back in Update 7, I've never had this happen...Mind you, my laptop is a "gaming" laptop...all save for the graphics card..which is, you guessed it: Integrated HD....So I have to run everything on LOW and I barely get 30fps consistently....I've complained, yes...but I've always played and I've enjoyed my time.

Now, the problem I am having...is that this updates optimization has caused my computer to absurdly overheat, which has never happened before....it heats up my laptop so much it forces shutdowns....which is infuriating...I know its the update because, again, this has never  happened before!

I'm so mad I'm close to breaking my laptop in half....>..> I'd like to know if there's anything I can do to fix this heating issue...to add, I have a fan on high, 7 inches away, literally next to the outflow of the fan...and it can't stay cool.....I'm about to just put bags of ice under the damn computer so I can play. 

So from all of your time playing warframe up until this update, it's never done this? Even when running multiple things? Buddy of mine has a similar issue, though it's not overheating it's mostly just constant lag to the point of DCing, but it does overheat sometimes.

How ironic.... I had the same issue you have right now, and after U14, my laptop isn't getting as hot as before.

Edit: Though, I have only been playing on 10-40fps depending on solo play or public.

Edited by BlissReie

Something that seems to help some people is unparking their CPU cores (windows feature to save energy for laptops iirc)

That sounds a bit distressing. What sort of CPU do you have?

Also, have you Unparked your CPU cores using the Unpark CPU App?

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/267274-multithreaded-rendering-bug-since-u14/

As Millbrook said with their quoting of me, definitely try unparking your CPU cores. Another player was suffering from severe overheating issues and after unparking their cores (some of which were parked) they no longer had CPU overheating issues.

Thank you everyone for the responses. I will look into the CPU unparking....*beepbeepbeep* reverse! lol...Jokes aside

I'd invest in a new computer...if I could keep a job for more than 3 months....Economy here where I live is terribad to the point of desperation.