Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cerberus - A Tank Concept

Ashslayer

Cerberus, Guardian of Tenno

Keep in mind this is still under development and needs improving. All abilities & stats below will have their max lvl attributes

Cerberus is my idea of a warframe who can take a lot of punishment and help his team and objectives survive.

He appears heavily armored (with looks possibly inspired by a bear? DE please)

Stats:

Health:   480 - but base health 450.

Power:   150

Armor:    500

Shields:  000

Speed:    0.8

Stamina: 100

Polarity:   D

(Edit from 7 years after the post was made: His effective health was 10,000 after doing the calculations with max mods. This has changed with time of course and could need new math.)

First ability: Cerberus bashes enemies within meele range in a cone in front of him, dealing 300 damage. Any enemy hit will be knocked over and have a 50% longer recovery time than normal.

This ability is affected by power range, power duration and power strength.

Second ability: Cerberus increases all elemental resistances (toxin, electric, heat, frost) of himself and his allies within a 15 meter radius by 30% for 20 seconds, or it could be an aura.

This ability is affected by power strength and power range.

Third ability: Cerberus drops a piece of his armor, greatly improving his movement speed but also increases his threat level immensely. His speed is increased by 50%, but his armor is reduced by 200. The speed increase lasts 5 seconds, while the armor reduction and threat increase last 10 seconds.

With this threat increase all enemies will target him over other Tenno.

Experimentation with power strength is needed to determine whether Cerberus should have a tradeoff with more movement speed for reduced armor. If this becomes a thing he might need an armor buff, but his current armor is pretty solid.

This ability is affected by power duration.

Ultimate: Cerberus puts up 2 shields (one in each hand) reducing damage taken by 40% and granting him a passive 5% maximum health regen per second. Enemies within firing range will be taunted by Cerberus and attack him. Any ally within 10 meters of Cerberus will be affected by his aura, giving them 30% damage reduction and health regen per second equal to 50% of what Cerberus regenerates. (50% of 5% = 2.5%)

Duration: 20 seconds

The damage reduction on Cerberus and the health regen aura are affected by power strength. The radius is affected by power range.

This ability replaces his melee weapon(s) for the duration.

LORE (to be completed):

Cerberus is amongst the oldest of warframes. From the age before shield technology was readily available. Back in his time, strength and fortitude were key for survival. Tenno are falling to the Grineer and Cerberus will not stand by while his friends are being defeated.

Alternate lore:

Cerberus was trapped in the void, away from his fellow Tenno. He had to fight his way out. During the battle for his freedom, his shield modules malfunctioned, forcing him to change his way of combat. Reducing his offenses and increasing his defenses, Cerberus prepared to make it home. Back to his friends.

Fina thoughts:

These abilities and his lore need work. I came up with this concept on the thought of the lack of tank warframes in the game. Sure we have really tanky warframes like Rhino, Valkyr and Frost... maybe Ash if you count his huge health pool. But what I really mean is that we do not have actual tanks. Those who pull aggro away from the weaker teammates or willingly take damage in place of others. Besides this, I really like to play tanks in other games.

I really hope I can get some feedback from the community and improve the abilities so the frame can be balanced and strong, without being OP.

If you have any interesting lore ideas feel free to tell me and if I use your concept I will give you credit :)

Concept art:

Credits:

Name for Cerberus: The Dean

Improving the ultimate: Letter13

Fixing a lore plothole: izzatuw

Improving the first ability: (PS4)LocoCrazy_

Changes:

Changed first ability from a cone with a stun in the center and slow on the sides into a knockdown. This simplifies the ability and gives it a little extra CC.

Ideas from fellow Tenno:

Don't limit the amount of modding that can be done.

Cerberus won't be popular because he isn't OP.

Other warframe abilities have no limits and can be as OP as they want.

Make his ulti into "Come at me, bro" where he taunts enemies in range and increases his threat to those specific enemies.

Edited by Ashslayer

Added some lore today. I still need a bit of story as I want to be able to feel where this guy is coming from.

I still need some fan art and fan concepts. I don't actually have an image of what I want for this guy, which is kinda strange.

I've changed his stats around probably a dozen times over this week trying to find a good balance and now with the lore in place I feel I have made the final decisions.

Seems like a potentially great frame for reinforcing the team on survival missions.

One thing I might suggest, perhaps his ultimate also generates enmity and pulls aggro (flags enemy AI and makes all nearby enemies focus only on him)? If this is the case the % damage mitigation may need to be even higher as 75% damage reduction won't be enough when dealing with very high level enemies.

-Cerberus is the oldest of warframes. From the age before shield technology was available. Back in his time, strength and fortitude. Tenno are falling to the Grineer and Cerberus will not stand by while his friends are being defeated.-

Issue here is that he can't be the oldest, Excalibur is. And I only think of Brick in this situation

It might have been cool if he was a prototype for excalibur, but then again that might not make sense based on their stat differences.

You may want to use the edit button on the bottom right.

I'm sure proto-Excal or Excalibur Prime is Excalibur and Primes are prototypes. Normal frames are just Tenno versions. Prime variants are Orokin.

Edited by izzatuw

Loco has to agree with Letter13, here. Great potential, however Loco feels as if there are already better choices for what Cerberus offers. Don't get me wrong, Loco likes his abilities and think they are unique to Cerberus alone, but Loco thinks a better CC ability (to replace his first one) would be more beneficial. Maybe not even replace it, but rather have the affected enemies become knocked down with an elongated recovery time?

Just a few thoughts. hope they help.