The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

+1 For Removal Of Kubrow Scrambling Option

The point is, Body type, Breed, Gender, Fur length.

Unfortunately, the only thing imprints even have a chance to effect are fur pattern, length, color, and body type. They have no control over breed or gender.

As I said in a different thread, Kubrows really need a rework in general.

Edited by Braken

Unfortunately, the only thing imprints even have a chance to effect are fur pattern, length, color, and body type. They have no control over breed or gender.

As I said in a different thread, Kubrows really need a rework in general.

Please...I beg (and I don't like begging).....(no offense)...give it to someone else please.

Reason...three words.

Void

Drop

Table

Edited by Zaresin

Yep great work on removal of that scrambler, but.....

I want plat back.  Y^Y

I'm wondering what their plan with that is. So far, I've had a couple of doubts with this update and the whole PW thing, but DE seems on top of it and is listening. It hasn't even been a week and we've had plenty of hotfixes!

I think the way I'd tackle this is to introduce a very, very limited range of player choice customization to the Kubrow.

So you get to pick how it looks - but there are serious limits.

Your Kubrow's DNA will give you three colors to pick from in each color slot. You'll have two Patterns available. One body size.

And Breeding and Imprints and such will be about getting that Kubrow that has exactly the options you wanted.

I think the way I'd tackle this is to introduce a very, very limited range of player choice customization to the Kubrow.

Your Kubrow's DNA will give you three colors to pick from in each color slot. You'll have two Patterns available. One body size.

And Breeding and Imprints and such will be about getting that Kubrow that has exactly the options you wanted.

I'm inclined to agree here, but maybe give the option to purchase a few more colours (in a similar manner to purchasing the classic colour palette) as well as the option for other cosmetics like collars

I'd rather get some way of engineering your Kubrow to perfection, even if it takes farming for a bunch of different resources. I know there's the breeding/maturing aspect that DE wants to be random, but I'd rather them play up the whole "these are engineered creatures" aspect of them. After all, their lore states that they were engineered for specific purposes.

I'd rather get some way of engineering your Kubrow to perfection, even if it takes farming for a bunch of different resources. I know there's the breeding/maturing aspect that DE wants to be random, but I'd rather them play up the whole "these are engineered creatures" aspect of them. After all, their lore states that they were engineered for specific purposes.

Would give us a resource dump for mutagen samples. Lord knows I have a crap ton of those. And the kubrows come from orokin tech as did the derelicts that the samples come from.

Edited by Zaresin

Yeah. I just want to feel like we're actually genetically engineering these Kubrows instead of just finding eggs and letting them grow. They're supposed to be bred for war. I'd like to actually do that (and that includes being able to engineer them to be like the upcoming Grineer Kubrows).

I think Blatant and Sixty have the right idea. It seems like a very viable, very popular idea for the Kubrow appearance changes as of now. +1 to them.

Another suggestion I heard that sounded interesting was the idea of purchasing a Gene Changer, or something similar to that, which you could inject into your Kubrow and then change its appearance.

Yeah. I just want to feel like we're actually genetically engineering these Kubrows instead of just finding eggs and letting them grow. They're supposed to be bred for war. I'd like to actually do that (and that includes being able to engineer them to be like the upcoming Grineer Kubrows).

So less gigapet more mad scientist.

So less gigapet more mad scientist.

Precisely. It's different than the current process of getting a random Kubrow, but it's one that fits with the established lore and brings about an interesting mechanic. And again, their lore says the Orokin made them for specific tasks so we shouldn't randomly produce Kubrow that fulfill these specific tasks. And if anyone doesn't know what specific tasks I'm talking about, go look at the Kubrow codex pages and you'll see what I'm talking about. It is very clear from the Codex that the Orokin/Tenno were in direct control of the kinds of Kubrow they were making, adapting/modifying strains for specific purposes. We should be able to do the same.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

I still think that the imprints should cover the shape, size, gender, sub-species, fur length, and even the fur pattern. Colorization should be up to the player.

Also I think DE should really look into color palettes for the kubrows. Better yet, make kubrow specific color palettes. I would happily pay 50-70p for a range of colors -and- DE wont have to worry about people coloring them pink, or fluorescent green (Which is a really lame reason to not let people color to start with..)..

Precisely. It's different than the current process of getting a random Kubrow, but it's one that fits with the established lore and brings about an interesting mechanic. And again, their lore says the Orokin made them for specific tasks so we shouldn't randomly produce Kubrow that fulfill these specific tasks. And if anyone doesn't know what specific tasks I'm talking about, go look at the Kubrow codex pages and you'll see what I'm talking about.

I honestly feel we have the required interaction backwards in the current process. We should being cosplaying Dr. Frankenstein or professor plutonium finding the right ingredients to make the perfect little gir...err kubrow and then raising it, taming it. Using the current mechanics (getting rid of loyalty mechanic but keeping the health thing) to ensure its upkeep with the potential of it dying if it is neglected without being in stasis.

I'm wondering what their plan with that is. So far, I've had a couple of doubts with this update and the whole PW thing, but DE seems on top of it and is listening. It hasn't even been a week and we've had plenty of hotfixes!

I'm thinking they won't.  Unlike the lost 501, this was something we did.  We paid for a random color knowing what'll happen.  DE can easily justify it by saying "you knew the repercussions of this system."  Yes, it's a bummer we spent so much money on a random mechanic for really pale colors, but I don't believe we should get our money back from it only because we chose to give it to them.

Granted, if they did offer us a refund, I'll gladly open my hand and say yes.  I'm not above getting money back...

I'm thinking they won't. Unlike the lost 501, this was something we did. We paid for a random color knowing what'll happen. DE can easily justify it by saying "you knew the repercussions of this system." Yes, it's a bummer we spent so much money on a random mechanic for really pale colors, but I don't believe we should get our money back from it only because we chose to give it to them.

Granted, if they did offer us a refund, I'll gladly open my hand and say yes. I'm not above getting money back...

I would happily take bite for the loss in plat since you can only obtain it via transmutation. They could keep my plat then. Edited by Zaresin

Precisely. It's different than the current process of getting a random Kubrow, but it's one that fits with the established lore and brings about an interesting mechanic. And again, their lore says the Orokin made them for specific tasks so we shouldn't randomly produce Kubrow that fulfill these specific tasks. And if anyone doesn't know what specific tasks I'm talking about, go look at the Kubrow codex pages and you'll see what I'm talking about. It is very clear from the Codex that the Orokin/Tenno were in direct control of the kinds of Kubrow they were making, adapting/modifying strains for specific purposes. We should be able to do the same.

I like this idea ^^

+1