The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

U14 Fps Drops/freezes/stuttering Issue [Video]

Baysick

First of all, DE, when you watch this video, please try not to take my language seriously, It's not like I'm cursing every word, just one or two here and there, but you got to understand the frustration us players are going through because of this issue and Warframe not being a part of my gaming life anymore because of this. 

Well, I try to record a session of what it seems to me like the issue that occurs for everyone else. This was recorded on my 1 year old laptop, which is still a gaming powerhouse. (i7 3630QM @ 3.2Ghz/GTX670MX/12GBRam) The same issue occurs on my desktop, (i7 4770K/GTX780ti/16GBram) Both are running Wins 8.

Edited by JoshRawrrs1

I don't have this issue on any of my pcs running on a lot weaker specs, on win7 and 8.1 as well. I wonder if you still had it right after formatting your pc. Maybe you have it because of software running in background or something else.

Edited by Dataz

I don't have this issue on any of my pcs running on a lot weaker specs, on win7 and 8.1 as well. I wonder if you still had it right after formatting your pc. Maybe you have it because of software running in background or something else.

I highly doubt it, as I've said in my other thread, I ran with this laptop on BF4 on Ultra with 60Fps avg and never had this issue. Only WF gave me this issue after U14. Before U14 I was fine.

And? How BF4 and Warframe are connected ? It's completely different engine, and comparing them is senseless. Do you have stuttering when you're not recording? I think you should send a ticket to support, send them that video and dxdiag results.

I've recorded several videos already since U14 and never happened like this.

Here's my video right after U14 came,

tell me where is stuttering there? It's clearly something wrong with your machine.

I would also measure gpu load during gameplay, as stuttering can be cause by something different.

Edited by Dataz

You annoy me. This game is still under development "dis" called beta.

Beta that last 2 years? It's not even an issue that is beta. Do you see how many people have this same issue in this section? If you're not going to be constructive don't be wasting my time.

How if BF4 related? Nothing, I'm stating that if you think it is my hardware that's the problem, it isn't. 

And? How BF4 and Warframe are connected ? It's completely different engine, and comparing them is senseless. Do you have stuttering when you're not recording? I think you should send a ticket to support, send them that video and dxdiag results.

I've recorded several videos already since U14 and never happened like this.

Here's my video right after U14 came, 

tell me where is stuttering there? It's clearly something wrong with your machine.

I would also measure gpu load during gameplay, as stuttering can be cause by something different.

You're not getting the point. THE POINT IS, Before U14, I have NONE of these issues, After U14 All of this started happening. Do you not read what I post? 
Edited by JoshRawrrs1

going out on a limb and gunna say you're overclocking? And overclocking the RAM too?

Your laptop CPU has a 2.4GHz rating. It's unlikely to even boost to it's 3.4GHz turbo-clock running warframe. And with a 'K' processor, i'd imagine it's the same for your desktop.

Reset all you're overclocks. And if you've overclocked your RAM, reset those too. IMO, there's no benefit in overclocking RAM, but to each his own ;)

If you've ever tried overclocking your RAM, run built-in memtest and check there are no errors.

It looks like a VRAM issue, but with those cards/chips....no way! Set your system to stock, re-run warframe, if still going, test your hardware. Just because another game works doesn't mean this one will, all games lean on hardware a little differently. This release is lacking in optimization, with you're specs, you shouldn't even know if the code is optimized or not. You should be good regardless.

And remember, DE pushed this out because they were excited for the player base to get their hands on it, and the player base were equally excited to get their hands on it....You can't fault their commitment to their players.

EDIT:

regardless of overclocking or not, i'd bet it's a RAM issue. So you might wanna look into that (just my 2c worth)

Edited by MillbrookWest

going out on a limb and gunna say you're overclocking? And overclocking the RAM too?

Your laptop CPU has a 2.4GHz rating. It's unlikely to even boost to it's 3.4GHz turbo-clock running warframe. And with a 'K' processor, i'd imagine it's the same for your desktop.

Reset all you're overclocks. And if you've overclocked your RAM, reset those too. IMO, there's no benefit in overclocking RAM, but to each his own ;)

If you've ever tried overclocking your RAM, run built-in memtest and check there are no errors.

It looks like a VRAM issue, but with those cards/chips....no way! Set your system to stock, re-run warframe, if still going, test your hardware. Just because another game works doesn't mean this one will, all games lean on hardware a little differently. This release is lacking in optimization, with you're specs, you shouldn't even know if the code is optimized or not. You should be good regardless.

And remember, DE pushed this out because they were excited for the player base to get their hands on it, and the player base were equally excited to get their hands on it....You can't fault their commitment to their players.

EDIT:

regardless of overclocking or not, i'd bet it's a RAM issue. So you might wanna look into that (just my 2c worth)

Actually, it's funny how you say that, I had my laptop put in new ram like 2weeks ago, and it was not some cheap ram, it was expensive corsair laptop ram. No I don't OC my CPU, it boost itself.

I did OC my Desktop to 4.5Ghz, but there is no such problems with it.

Edited by JoshRawrrs1

Actually, it's funny how you say that, I had my laptop put in new ram like 2weeks ago, and it was not some cheap ram, it was expensive corsair laptop ram. No I don't OC my CPU, it boost itself.

Just curious, did the OC Desktop run fine prior to U14?

You mention in your initial post that your desktop is now experiencing similar stuttering.

You mention in your initial post that your desktop is now experiencing similar stuttering.

I had no issues running Warframe prior to recent hotfixes, but the latest builds gave me the same issues as TC. I've even updated my driver properly and verified cache/defragged.

Also, my desktop's general performance is great, so it's only in Warframe, and only with the recent updates.

Edited by Casardis

Yea it did, It ran absolutely fine. There was no issues no lag, no nothing. I was having the time of my life killing corpus to stabbing grineers. Now they are stabbing me and giving my game to Vor T_T

I had no issues running Warframe prior to recent hotfixes, but the latest builds gave me the same issues as TC. I've even updated my driver properly and verified cache/defragged.

I did everything this person did too.

Edited by JoshRawrrs1

What kind of CPU / GPU do you use - 

You should check to see if others having he same issue are using similar tech

I use an Intel i5 - with integrated graphics ( sadly )   but I'm running it fine -

( so do you use AMD ? ) 

Read the starting topic. You wouldn't be asking this if you read the topic

Having massive frame drops when using Hall of Mirrors and Soma together Frames go from a solid 60 to 3 upon firing. My system never had any performance issues with Warframe prior to U14 and the only time I seem to get Frame drops is when there is a Mirage in the party spamming Hall Of Mirrors or I am using Hall Of Mirrors her other abilities don't lag me at all (As no other frames lag me either). Other than that I don't have much trouble. Just hope something is done about it. I like Mirage and want to play as her without suffering infinite lag. Also should note that I only seem to experience the frame drops when I am not host. When I solo I have no issues, Hosting I only get small frame drops (Bout 60 -  43) after 2 or more mirages use Hall of mirrors and there is a decent amount of activity.

Specs :

Motherboard : ASUS M5A99FX R2.0 PRO

CPU : AMD FX8350 (8core , 4.0GHz per core) 

GPU : AMD Radeon HD 7870 (2GB GDDR5)

HDD : 500GB (7200RPM) (There are 2 of these in the system)

RAM : 8GB DDR3 1333MHz

PSU : Seasonic 850w

Notes : PC is set to High Performance and CPU is always at top clock.

Latest Drivers are installed (Triple checked that) and NO Overclocks whatsoever. No issues prior to U14. 

Edited by XxSeether1992xX

That doesn't mean the RAM couldn't fail. How's it set up? 4x4GB, 2x8GB?? you never said if you overclocked the RAM or not?

Run Windows built in Memory diagnostic (not the best program but it works) overnight on both machines. OR you could manually switch out the dimms one at a time....too tedious imo.

Having massive frame drops when using Hall of Mirrors and Soma together Frames go from a solid 60 to 3 upon firing. My system never had any performance issues with Warframe prior to U14 and the only time I seem to get Frame drops is when there is a Mirage in the party spamming Hall Of Mirrors or I am using Hall Of Mirrors her other abilities don't lag me at all (As no other frames lag me either). Other than that I don't have much trouble. Just hope something is done about it. I like Mirage and want to play as her without suffering infinite lag. Also should note that I only seem to experience the frame drops when I am not host. When I solo I have no issues, Hosting I only get small frame drops (Bout 60 -  43) after 2 or more mirages use Hall of mirrors and there is a decent amount of activity.

Specs :

Motherboard : ASUS M5A99FX R2.0 PRO

CPU : AMD FX8350 (8core , 4.0GHz per core) 

GPU : AMD Radeon HD 7870 (2GB GDDR5)

HDD : 500GB (7200RPM) (There are 2 of these in the system)

RAM : 8GB DDR3 1333MHz

PSU : Seasonic 850w

Notes : PC is set to High Performance and CPU is always at top clock.

Latest Drivers are installed (Triple checked that) and NO Overclocks whatsoever. No issues prior to U14. 

Devs are aware of this, it has been reported several times already :)

I believe there should be performance improvements over the coming hotfixes.

Edited by MillbrookWest

That doesn't mean the RAM couldn't fail. How's it set up? 4x4GB, 2x8GB?? you never said if you overclocked the RAM or not?

Run Windows built in Memory diagnostic (not the best program but it works) overnight on both machines. OR you could manually switch out the dimms one at a time....too tedious imo.

Devs are aware of this, it has been reported several times already :)

I believe there should be performance improvements over the coming hotfixes.

No, the whole point of fresh ram is that it is fresh, meaning it's not being OC'd. And my memtest showed no problem. Why do people think it is my system? I don't see how my system is the issue here if over 50 user on this section has my problem.

No, the whole point of fresh ram is that it is fresh, meaning it's not being OC'd. And my memtest showed no problem. Why do people think it is my system? I don't see how my system is the issue here if over 50 user on this section has my problem.

Don't mind my asking, i don't know how you run your system. In order to help in any way, i have to ask ;)

As a rule of thumb, i always remove myself and my system as the problem before i post anything. And will provide as much info as i can for bugs/performance issues.

You get people who overclock their RAM and assume it's fine, but overclocked RAM can last 1 year, or one day. And a single fubar dimm can go unnoticed.

With your specs, an un-optimized warframe should go unnoticed. So it's best to troubleshoot as best you can. If it's happening on both your systems, what commonalities do they share? (apps, active services, background tasks etc)

You are in a preferable position to someone who can't run Warframe at high end specs, you can troubleshoot far better than someone who would be hampered by the inability to accurately isolate problems. A PC on the lower end would not have known the extent Mirage crippled systems (~100fps drops in case you were wondering)

I only asked about overclocking as you have pieces that can be overclocked, again, i don't know how you run your system.

For instance, as annoying as it is, and as much as people hate it, you didn't even say whether your drivers were up to date. All you've given the devs is a "look at this" vid. Conversely, i could upload a 'look at this' vid and show it running at 60FPS flawlessly with all settings maxed (with a weaker system no less).

P.S, i don't care about the other threads because im not in them, im in this one trying to help you ^_^

Don't mind my asking, i don't know how you run your system. In order to help in any way, i have to ask ;)

As a rule of thumb, i always remove myself and my system as the problem before i post anything. And will provide as much info as i can for bugs/performance issues.

You get people who overclock their RAM and assume it's fine, but overclocked RAM can last 1 year, or one day. And a single fubar dimm can go unnoticed.

With your specs, an un-optimized warframe should go unnoticed. So it's best to troubleshoot as best you can. If it's happening on both your systems, what commonalities do they share? (apps, active services, background tasks etc)

You are in a preferable position to someone who can't run Warframe at high end specs, you can troubleshoot far better than someone who would be hampered by the inability to accurately isolate problems. A PC on the lower end would not have known the extent Mirage crippled systems (~100fps drops in case you were wondering)

I only asked about overclocking as you have pieces that can be overclocked, again, i don't know how you run your system.

For instance, as annoying as it is, and as much as people hate it, you didn't even say whether your drivers were up to date. All you've given the devs is a "look at this" vid. Conversely, i could upload a 'look at this' vid and show it running at 60FPS flawlessly with all settings maxed (with a weaker system no less).

P.S, i don't care about the other threads because im not in them, im in this one trying to help you ^_^

I get the point, and I hope you understand my frustration, because having a game you love so much go down in the lane of death for me is sad. 

OT: I have the latest Nvidia Drivers for both systems.

337.88 for laptop and I forgot the driver number for desktop as I can't leave my dorm right now to go home and check. (My college and my house is like 30-35miles apart. I do know that I left on monday night after updating my drivers on Geforce Experience).

I unparked my cores for my laptop in an attempt to see if it helped, nope, it did not improve performance. 

I should be able to provide more info about my laptop, but for my desktop, I can not provide any more info until my next trip back home. (2weeks from now).

Yea, DE is basically saying

"Who cares about just some of them having issues, lets keep everyone else happy and these guys, let's just leave them, whatever."

Thanks DE, you successfully lost me as a loyal player.