Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Build

zaRMs

Question

9 answers to this question

Power strenght affect damage from Para, Ripline and Hysteria. Most people go for power duration, Continuity + Constitution = 30s Hysteria. You can also combine it with Rage and Life Steal high damage weapon (jet kitty, dragon nikana, dakka prime) for "invincibility build" (unless Disruptor hit you first)

I like to get her effective health high with steel fiber and vitality. Then use rage, equilibrium and a life strike melee to be practically unkillable in combat. I also have quick rest so I never have to stop for longer than a second and constitution to keep me on my feet and powers lasting longer. I skip either paralysis or ripline depending on the game type, for example survival usually needs fast movement so ripline is best but defense needs cc so paralysis is ideal.

Also if you run this build don't use the shield regen from a sentinel, it cuts off your energy supply because you want to be taking as much health damage as possible without dying. 

Edited by YourFriendlyNoggin

Valkyr is my main WF and this is the build I regularly use, it rarely fails me:

Wv2IMhK.jpg

I used to use Sure Footed on the D polarity slot, switched to max armour just to try something new and I'm not really hating it, but probably not a good idea without much health as the dude above mentioned.

Rush + Maglev for speed/fun. Quick Thinking + Rage + Flow for increasing survivability (before they broke it) which is already good for Valkyr plus her self-heals. I rarely use Warcry, could probably change that polarity to another D for skill-based vault mods (either the one with duration or efficiency. Intensify wouldn't hurt either though, figuratively speaking) but meh. :P ..besides you don't really need it if you've got a polearm or katana/bo prime with Berserker.

Ripline for mobility/quick access, Paralysis for fun stealth attacks for the tough enemies and Hysteria for god mode.

Edited by CapricaSix

I like fact on Valkyr that there is not one must build, even though there are few necessary mods. She got room for prefence of user.

Rage, life strike(melee weapon) (and steel fiber if not running with ultimate) are kinda must. for any valkyr build

Not all have luxury of quick thinking, buf defensive slot it is so it is easy to change build later on. (:  

rest: Do you want defense, speed, stamina, duration, all skills?

Aura: You might consider steel charge over energy siphon and maybe corrosive projection depends what others bring and do you like solo.

i like to use Reflection 96% dmg back to enemy while blocking.

reason:

Heavy gunners and some other seem to get ministun from bullets bouncing back. Not sure if unranked reflection has same effect.

Is it just me but now with new patch enemies distruptions don't happen while canneling?

Also what are your favourite weapons for some areas?
reaper prime, infested 
dual ichors, void

I kind of like the bo p, not sure about yet sylva and aegis though

Edited by Agullimux

I though you are not supposed to use hysteria, unless you want to revire someone surrounded by 6 heavy gunners and vor? I wish it would be possible  to press 4 again to disspel my ulti away after reviring somebody or accidentally activating it.

Also i could have sworn i do more dmg with steel charge and hysteria than withouth steel charge. Maybe they just buffed dmg with patch also. :S

Edited by Agullimux

I though you are not supposed to use hysteria, unless you want to revire someone surrounded by 6 heavy gunners and vor? I wish it would be possible  to press 4 again to disspel my ulti away after reviring somebody or accidentally activating it.

Also i could have sworn i do more dmg with steel charge and hysteria than withouth steel charge. Maybe they just buffed dmg with patch also. :S

It's basically a panic button, about to die or surrounded by 500 grineer bombards with 3 teammates waiting for you to revive them? HYSTERIA! It's also always nice to have a highly armoured bullet sponge enemy act as a training dummy to get your health back up if you don't have any healers in the team.

I agree with you on cancelling the #4 though, it could be like Nyx's ultimate with less energy consumption.

PS: It still does s*** damage.

Edited by CapricaSix

A LOT better than before tho. Especially if it scales with power strength again.

I didn't notice that much difference to be honest. Couldn't kill a level 50 heavy grineer fast enough before, can't kill one fast enough now, even with a proper high damage corrosive/radiation weapon. Still takes ages, especially if you don't use the.. whats it called.. auto-lockon thingy in the options :/

Edited by CapricaSix