Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"welcome To Warframe Pvp. Now Get Out."

HoakinBlackforge

So, how do i start here? Lets see.

The first dark sector conflict has finally appeared, and well, what a suprise. I coulnt found almost anyone wihout a different loadout.

You dont know what i mean? Well, let me tell you:

Warframes overused: RHINO/PRIME,VALKYR,NOVA,ASH. (And im probably missing a few ones but thats enough)

Weapons overused: OGRIS, PENTA, ANGSTRUM, DUAL ICHOR, ORTHOS PRIME (PvP: Jump attack = Cheap win), BOLTOR PRIME (NERF THIS S#&$), AMPREX, SYNAPSE

These are all those frames and weapons, that those "pro" players use constantly, not constantly, forever, why?

Because they dont seem able to play any other way, its like they become themselves noobs. And yes, im raging, because i was expecting a rebalancing in the pvp, and nothing happened, its still the same S#&$ as ever.

Doesnt matter if you level up and get mods by killing, if you can still 1 hit your enemies, you can still "cheat" the game.

Please DE, be quick fixing this, like cutting by half every mod effect used in pvp and weapons/warframes.

And totally invert the difficulty in the game, that would make the game totally enjoyable.

Like Sargas Ruk would say: I DESERVE A CHALLENGE.

Have a nice day c:

I was thinking the PvP of dark sectors could have a preset of frames and weapons to choose from so that certain things, like what you rage about, are equaled out. For example, the weapons and Warframes you had the choice of in the Prologue would be the perfect place to start. That way, everybody has a fair enough way to battle it out in the most equal way possible.

Honestly PVP was just made to silence that one side of the audience who kept pestering about it.

If it was taken a bit more seriously we would be given preset frames at preset levels with preset skills and preset weapons to choose from.

Rater than our own equipment.

Each conclave would have stronger variants of those presets and conflicts would be the high end PVP stuff.

To be honest the only way to really properly balance the game in both PvE and PvP would be to nerf (almost) ALL the guns.  And I mean both Tenno and enemy guns.  Put more emphasis on melee, make the guns require skill and aim to use.  When I was leveling weapons like my Burston Prime or even my MK-1 Braton, I actually had a lot of fun playing in the lower level missions with the weaker guns because they could still get the job done, but you had to actually aim instead of just "spraying and praying" to kill every bad guy in front of you.  I quite enjoyed aiming at some grineer's head, firing a controlled burst and watching him drop before moving on to the next target.  

And like I said to make this possible ALL the guns would have to be nerfed, ESPECIALLY the enemy's weapons in high level void missions so that can't one shot you.  Instead of increasing difficulty by upping the damage and health of enemies or giving them incredibly cheap skills *COUGH COUGH Stalker Dispell!*COUGH COUGH* Infested Ancient Pull!* COUGH COUGH*  excuse me there had some mucus, DE is going to have to increase the challenge by making them SMARTER.   As in they dive for cover, aim better, work together, come up with actual plans, maybe even use the environment.   This would have to be done so then we could still have success on these high level void missions with all the guns nerfed.

As you can imagine this is no easy task.  Now if you'll excuse me, I've gotta go pwn some noobs with my ArcaneVanguardRhinoPrime and Boltor Prime.

I am honestly suprised people didn't use the other frames. Trinity would be sickening, volt would be amazing. Mags shield polarize is silly, Pull is awesome. A lot of things that could have been broken didn't get used. You should see what my Lex Prime did! While Frost wasn't uber effective, he was fun to use. Bo Prime worked amazing for me as well. I used all sorts of weapons and experimented, and they worked awesome in the hands of a good player.

As for you saying Boltor Prime is cheap, it's honestly not. Being mobile saved me multiple times. Sniping is very good if you take aim and stay back. Shotguns hit hard if you're into tanking. Just play the game right and use your head. W+M1's always get beat by a smart player.

I'll be diving into this with my personal PvP loadout: Mutalist Quanta/Acrid/Glaive Prime on Zephyr, we'll see how useful those boltors are when the shots can't hit me on the move.

Haha, yes. Leading projectiles is different when you're not fighting ai with obvious pathing.

PVP is the worst thing on this game 

just stop doing conflicts

PvP is kind of needed.  Sure this is meant to be a PvE game but eventually people are going to get bored of killing the same grineer clones, corpus guns on legs, and Halo Flood knock offs.  The best way to solve that is to let the players fight each other.  When you're in a match fighting against other thinking players who each have their own strategy, plans, preferences, and play style, thinks can be a lot different and a lot more exciting vs fighting a horde of AI controlled Grineer who go into "attack formation bravo" which from what I've seen is "stand out in the open and get killed".

Of course the balance is going to be a pain in the &#! but the best way would be to follow my suggestion posted above.

I am honestly suprised people didn't use the other frames. Trinity would be sickening, volt would be amazing. Mags shield polarize is silly, Pull is awesome. A lot of things that could have been broken didn't get used. You should see what my Lex Prime did! While Frost wasn't uber effective, he was fun to use. Bo Prime worked amazing for me as well. I used all sorts of weapons and experimented, and they worked awesome in the hands of a good player.

As for you saying Boltor Prime is cheap, it's honestly not. Being mobile saved me multiple times. Sniping is very good if you take aim and stay back. Shotguns hit hard if you're into tanking. Just play the game right and use your head. W+M1's always get beat by a smart player.

In my last game in conflict, my teammate was a Trinity, wasnt really cooperative... (also 4 spammer), 2 things that actually lack in the game, cooperation and as most we have said, balancing (a cooldown on abilities should be enough)

I also love the style of run & gun, sadly its not usefull when a noob comes to ruin everything with a explosive weapon.

The problem is, that, most pvps they dont have skill, they just rely on their gear, and they later rage when they fall in my castana traps (excalibur ftw)

Edited by HoakinBlackforge

I completely agree theres NO REASON FOR PVP when there are weapons THIS strong.
dont get me wrong Im mastery 16 but I would never even think about using weapons/frames like rhino/valk/penta/boltorp. in a PVP gamemode
Im using excalibur/OBERON and now the wonderfull mirage with my favourite weapon arround the sybaris.

its soooo much more fun to use my personal favourite gear...but I simply CANT use my fav. gear since its just so effing weak in comparrison.
my god I was actually REALLY REALLY HYPED for this and now I dont even wanna play it/think about it anymore
DE Im usualy always on your side, but this....abomination of a gamemode is just plain stupid.no offence. but thats how I feel about this mode :( Im just sad

Edited by PootisMaine

My idea was to have Conflict be 100% independent of the main game. Weapons, mods, and frames would all be obtained from playing Conflict (maybe through prestige or loyalty points earned, like in other games.)

Conflict gear would all have its own stats and be an entirely controlled environment.

Honestly PVP was just made to silence that one side of the audience who kept pestering about it.

If it was taken a bit more seriously we would be given preset frames at preset levels with preset skills and preset weapons to choose from.

Rater than our own equipment.

Each conclave would have stronger variants of those presets and conflicts would be the high end PVP stuff.

DE has a long history of PvP

Do you really think they never intended to add it at some point?

It just came out so give feedback on it and see where it goes

These are all those frames and weapons, that those "pro" players use constantly, not constantly, forever, why?

Because they dont seem able to play any other way, its like they become themselves noobs. And yes, im raging, because i was expecting a rebalancing in the pvp, and nothing happened, its still the same S#&$ as ever.

well asides a hissy fit i was honestly expecting a damage 2.5 tables to at least balance the tennos out of ferrite/flesh. im really hoping the game gets something to make the DSC work out because it really needs a endgame, and MOBA is really a good way to do it. imagine if we even get a betting system like in DOTA2? it would make millions to DE in plat taxes! (hint hint)

the weapon powercreeping becamed just way more obvious. its not just the mods that need a toning down, all weapons needs to be set on the same tier. the frames needs some sort of buff, a ember is too frail to not unlock her powers faster that a rhino.

i do think i like the idea of simply locking mods away from weapons in pvp, but that would ruin custtomization. theres conclave rating as well that should be taken in consideration, but nothing was done about it but to show it as a bragging option. tennos should just have more health to match their huge damage in pvp, but this needs to be well done or we will end with rhino still having 10x more ehp that a mag for instance.

So, how do i start here? Lets see.

The first dark sector conflict has finally appeared, and well, what a suprise. I coulnt found almost anyone wihout a different loadout.

You dont know what i mean? Well, let me tell you:

Warframes overused: RHINO/PRIME,VALKYR,NOVA,ASH. (And im probably missing a few ones but thats enough)

Weapons overused: OGRIS, PENTA, ANGSTRUM, DUAL ICHOR, ORTHOS PRIME (PvP: Jump attack = Cheap win), BOLTOR PRIME (NERF THIS S#&$), AMPREX, SYNAPSE

Doesnt matter if you level up and get mods by killing, if you can still 1 hit your enemies, you can still "cheat" the game.

Please DE, be quick fixing this, like cutting by half every mod effect used in pvp and weapons/warframes.

And totally invert the difficulty in the game, that would make the game totally enjoyable.

Like Sargas Ruk would say: I DESERVE A CHALLENGE.

Have a nice day c:

People will still use warframes they want it is same with public matches... Like i havent seen saryn in last month in public matches...but thats because some warframes are better(devs should work on some like saryn,oberon and buff them). Ofc people will use weapons they think are good and warframes that have high attack/survivability. There is no way to prevent it

No, the best way to solve that is to continue development on immersive PvE content and cease the waste of time that is PvP in Warframe.

No. No matter how good the PvE content, players will always eventually get bored. You can only play so long before you've seen every tile, every enemy, and every behavior. PvP will always be fresh, and it's an excellent endgame for bored players.

My idea was to have Conflict be 100% independent of the main game. Weapons, mods, and frames would all be obtained from playing Conflict (maybe through prestige or loyalty points earned, like in other games.)

Conflict gear would all have its own stats and be an entirely controlled environment.

im rather happy we can ignore DSC actually. its not like it would be balanced overnight.

overall i dont think thats a good thing. imagine liking karak on PVE but discovering its real bad for PVP because of that.

it could work for mods, it would affect every frame and weapon equally, but still sounds like a asinine way to balance things. why cant we make the DPS match the eHP more closely, with caster frames still being slightly more frail (ONLY A LITTLE not having them literally a quarter of a tought frame) to compensate their supposely more offensive skills.

And get still 1 hit killed?

no, No, NO.

Dont want to? dont play

It is simple as that because u will never be able to make people change their type of gaming

No. No matter how good the PvE content, players will always eventually get bored. You can only play so long before you've seen every tile, every enemy, and every behavior. PvP will always be fresh, and it's an excellent endgame for bored players.

I agree after playing everything it feels good to have some pvp matches

I'm assuming you've never played a PvP shooter of any sort. Fast kill times are the norm these days. 

Yes but 1 hit kills, broken mechanism are not the norm. From the moment pvp is made fair for everyone there is no problem.

Yes but 1 hit kills, broken mechanism are not the norm. From the moment pvp is made fair for everyone there is no problem.

Saying that PvP is broken is implying the development of PvP in this game is finished, which really couldn't be further from the truth.

Saying that PvP is broken is implying the development of PvP in this game is finished, which really couldn't be further from the truth.

Completed or not does not change the fact that it is broken. Pvp in ANY game is a constant development. You add new weapons,new frames,new mods? You need to balance that no matter what. What we have right now is the conclaves with objective and ''progression''. The conclave never had any update as far as i remember so we can assume it's finished right? 

Fully modded penta,ogris and even boltor p against player that has NO shield or health mods would 1 hit him ofc

I played conclave with my bud couple of times we both had fully modded boltors and it took us really much to kill each other because we had shield and health mods+we didnt stand and just shoot each other,u need to use head and run around hide and stuff. 

So best would be to get a team and not get players connect to battlefield when some players are 30 already(so basically make a team and put specters if needed and not to roll other players after it started)

If you want to win, you should use the best tools the game has to offer. Unless you are out looking for a challenge or you "click" with an un-optimal loadout, that's how you will see success in competitive games.

But it is true. The PvP in this game is horribly unbalanced, and is probably the least-complete PvP I've seen in a game in a long time (I am reminded of Diablo 2 PvP, which suffered from similar issues). Yet people managed to make a metagame out of it.

It would be nice if a rep from DE sat down and made a thread asking for PvP feedback and devoted a whole patch to that, because I really do want to see it flourish in some form or another. The only problems are that 1.) People would whine about the direction of the game (even if PvE would be entirely unaffected by changes made to how PvP is played; i.e., moves and armor and health scaled to different degrees in an arena than they did in a PvE match) and 2.) The playerbase would almost certainly be split into camps of those who want it to stay relatively the same as it is now and those who want an entire reworking of PvP.

Unlike PvE, the sky is the limit with how creative players can get in PvP. It's constantly evolving, and therefore fresh. I think really taking the time to flesh out the game's PvP aspect would help its longevity, especially now that the PC population is dwindling.

DE has a long history of PvP

Do you really think they never intended to add it at some point?

It just came out so give feedback on it and see where it goes

What's the long history? Unreal Tournament? They were the producers for UT99/2k3 and 2k4, not the developers, and thus probably weren't directly involved with the balancing of those games.

Also that game didn't have RPG-like stat modification and each weapon/map/etc. was created for the sole purpose of PvP.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

Completed or not does not change the fact that it is broken. Pvp in ANY game is a constant development. You add new weapons,new frames,new mods? You need to balance that no matter what. What we have right now is the conclaves with objective and ''progression''. The conclave never had any update as far as i remember so we can assume it's finished right? 

This is probabaly why DE never really wanted PVP to begin with. Its a slew of constant updates to rebalance, retweak and rework everything only to rinse and repeat once you realize somehting else is unbalanced and the thing is this vicious circle doesn't end.

With each nerf and buff comes new imbalances and new problems which kill the time for events, content and bugfixes.

I mean the majority of hotfixes for dota are hero retweaks and less of bugfixes or content.