Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Male And Female Warframes

animaaduro

Hello I would like it if I could change from male to female, at any point I like. 

Deatails: I would love to see a female and male version of every warframe.

What do you think community?

P.S. thanks for the great game and for listening too all of us, you can't make any wrong turns. good team work!

Also i'm not sure if this has been covered B4 so if it has im sorry.

I support this idea 100000000x even though I know it's been covered like 100000000x... 

I really want this to occur. DE are split on this from what I know and the livestream for update 8 mentioned this although a direct Yes/No answer was not stated.

Why would a Tenno change gender when simply wearing another exo-suit? Doesn't make sense lol. Breaks up the sense of connection too.

Please don't enlarge the hips and breasts of female frames. This isn't DOA. This isn't Scarlet Blade. They're deadly ninjas. Don't trivialize them by turning them into eye candy.

This. I know they won't but why even ask for it? There are a thousand fan-servicey wank games. Please let me have another game that doesn't make me ashamed of the representation of my gender.

If it's feasible. Since it would involve making new models for each warframe, I assume it would take a bit of work and time away from perhaps more vital aspects.

... That said, I would love to see this as it seems like most of the ones I were interested in were female. While I have no issue playing a female character, I always prefer to play male when given the option.

The chief problem is that making male and female versions of each warframe will take twice as much time from the art team. They could do that - or they could make two entirely different warframes.

DE themselves haven't decided what to do about this; if you watch the livestreams, you'll see that there's internal disagreements among the devs on whether this is a good idea.

In the third livestream, they talked about coming to a decision on "Blaze/Ember", but seemed to indicate this wasn't an end to the gender choice discussion. My guess is that they're going to release the previously created male body for Ember as a separate warframe. They already have the art done, so it's just making use of resources that already exist.

I'd say no on getting a frame with the opposite sex.

If anything, I'd say they should introduce a new warframe of the opposite sex, with different abilities sharing the same theme.

We have male Frost, so the new warframe would be Female Snow... or something.

I suck at naming things but I hope you get the idea here.

Different warframe, Different sex, Different abilities, Same theme.

It would double the frames you can collect and add diversity to the game.

Original -> Opposite sex (Reasons)

Ash -> - ??? (ash being the remains after a fire, it's hard to find something similar without referring to fire (slag, cinders,embers, soot))

Banshee -> Wraith,Ghost,Specter (spirits and ghost-like entities)

Ember -> Inferno, Flame, Scorch (shared fire theme)

Excalibur -> ??? (I'd simply go with the name of another mythical weapon here.. just can't find any female-sounding names)

Frost -> Snow (Shared ice theme)

Loki -> Eris (both gods of chaos and breaking rules... to some extent)

Mag -> ??? (Tough one... can't find anything fitting here. :/ )

Nyx -> Erebus (Both related primordeal deities in Greek mythology)

Rhino -> ??? (Don't even know how to tackle this one. Get it? Tackle?)

Saryn -> Anthrax (I dunno, just go with something very poisonous and deadly.)

Trinity -> Ternion (something with 'three' in it? Doesn't have to make a reference to the religious trinity per say)

Volt ->Vajra (Vajra meaning 'thunderbolt' in Sanskrit as wel as a weapon called 'the lightning bolts of indra' in Hindu mythology)

If you wanna go far, might as well give them a 5% damage increase when a Warframe 'couple' is in the same game.

Just explain it by calling it 'Warframe Synergy'

EDIT: Seems others already replied with a similar suggestion while I took my time to slowly write it down. Woops. XD

Edited by Atra255

The debate of the ages continues!

Thats true. I must say I prefer male chars as well, but whats wrong with some female power =) Nyx is just badass. And seriously, why should I want to change my super hot saryn into a male O.o

Thats true. I must say I prefer male chars as well, but whats wrong with some female power =) Nyx is just badass. And seriously, why should I want to change my super hot saryn into a male O.o

You don't have to. It's not like gender swapping would be mandatory.

You don't have to. It's not like gender swapping would be mandatory.

I know. Scott made his choice. He doesnt want the gender swap stuff. And if thats what he wants, so be it. No need to ask for gender selection if the answer is already clear....

We don't need these "Gender Swap" things or so. Why the most people don't realize that the gender is only the gander from the warframe not from the tanno who is wearing it.

Why can't the most male players (hey i guess the people how starts this kind of discusion are most male) handle this? The warframe have there on abilitys and so there own charakters and so there own genders. Thats make them spezial. Even when three tennos wearing the same warframe. There is no problem to weare a female warframe for me as a male. I don't want a female loki or a male nyx. -.-' 

So no! We don't need it! It would dystroy the whole mytic things about the secrets of the tanno and the warframes that they use.

Edited by DrakeHyena

We don't need these "Gender Swap" things or so. Why the most people don't realize that the gender is only the gander from the warframe not from the tanno who is wearing it.

Why can't the most male players (hey i guess the people how starts this kind of discusion are most male) handle this? The warframe have there on abilitys and so there own charakters and so there own genders. Thats make them spezial. Even when three tennos wearing the same warframe. There is no problem to weare a female warframe for me as a male. I don't want a female loki or a male nyx. -.-' 

So no! We don't need it! It would dystroy the whole mytic things about the secrets of the tanno and the warframes that they use.

How do male Tenno grow breasts when simply switching an exosuit? How do female Tenno grow more masculine?

It's not logical. Therefore, it makes sense to have gender options.