Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shouldn't Orokin Reactors Be More Abundant?

Chub_N_Tuck

Here's a problem in the supply of orokin reactors.

There are updates that add more weapons and warframes in game and the appearance of reactors on alerts and invasion missions cannot keep up with the amount of new weapons/warframes.

I was actually one of the people who thought it's ok, but as more and more weapons are added, it's pretty much impossible to not use platinum to obtain reactors <- edited. meant to say reactors.

Also, Invasion missions almost never give orokin reactors.

Invasion missions almost always give just one orokin cells. I cannot even remember last time reactor appeared as reward on those missions.

The title probably should be rephrased, but i'll say it here. A single orokin cell should not be a reward for five of invasion mission. Either make the reward at least three orokin cells or just take that orokin cell out of the reward pool there, so we can see more of orokin reactors. Of course, there will be a surplus in a lot of players, but it will not be a dead weight at all, since the game gets updated frequently. I want to stress this enough, the rate at which the new stuffs are being added hugely outrun the appearance of orokin reactors.

Edit: I need to say that I do realize that catalysts are from devstreams every month or so, but reactors are almost nonexistent in my eyes.

Edit2: I do not see how this is too horrible an idea. Never said it should come up every week, it's just saying Invasion missions should at least have some noticeable chance to reward reactors/catalysts. A single orokin cell from Invasion missions kind of triggered my complaint, but reactors really are too rare in appearance.

Edited by GaiaNyix

the last time that there was a catalyst reward from an invasion, the invasion was over in less than 15 minutes, and solo-ers, like myself, were only bale to cplete it three times >.>

That is a HORRIBLE idea. Honestly, just play Defense or Survival,I know for a fact that defenses can give the BP, as well as login rewards.

alright there are many differences in opinions. I'll leave stuffs about catalysts and reactors on the side. However, a single orokin cell for five runs in invasion mission should be changed. I wanted to complain about this for a while.

The only time they are rare is when you start the game, after a while you end up with dozens of them. They are much easier to come by than say, any of the multishot mods, which are typically considered necessary mods.

The only time they are rare is when you start the game, after a while you end up with dozens of them. They are much easier to come by than say, any of the multishot mods, which are typically considered necessary mods.

'after a while ending up with dozens of them' is where i need to disagree, unless you're just stacking them up and not using different weapons.

Edited by GaiaNyix

'after a while ending up with dozens of them' is where i need to disagree, unless you're just stacking them up and not using different weapons.

Not really. I haven't had to farm for cells in ages, I probably have like 90 of them just from survivals and stuff.

the last time that there was a catalyst reward from an invasion, the invasion was over in less than 15 minutes, and solo-ers, like myself, were only bale to cplete it three times >.>

That is a HORRIBLE idea. Honestly, just play Defense or Survival,I know for a fact that defenses can give the BP, as well as login rewards.

I don't believe they do, but anyways back to the original topic at hand. No, they should not be more abundant otherwise people would never buy them from the market. Now believe me, they probably don't make the most of their money off of potatoes but still. It's a valuable object that is quite crucial to end game level enemies. If anything they should be rarer, DE needs to make the money to run their company.

Also, keep in mind that not everything new should be potatoed out of the box. Take for example the new pistols that came in U 14, it is very lack luster and cannot survive for anything in T3 void and is basically the weaker version of the Afuris. Although that is to say you shouldn't potato them you should take into account whether the weapon is worth potatoing or not.

Also I completely agree with you on 5 runs = 1 o cell for invasions. I can get more cells in the same time frame farming Ruk

Really?  The last one I did was Reactor vs. Catalyst and I 5/5'ed it with time to spare.

Compared to about an year ago, DE is giving out potatoes like the world is ending.

Back then it was really really rare and pretty much only way to get them was to buy them with plat.

Now devstream seem to be more common as well as occasional invasion rewards.

Not to mention it's quite easy to make 20p through trading

Can't remember the last time I bought a potato from the market

Got about 15 of each just waiting for next weapons/frame to be released.

You must be the guy who put a potato on your lato?

Hey that rhymes. But yeah, don't do that -.-

lol trust me i don't even use up a slot for a weapon like that.

You must be the guy who assumes too much.

I have done every alerts from devstream and had my chances getting them in missions, but they aren't showing up as much as they should.

lol trust me i don't even use up a slot for a weapon like that.

You must be the guy who assumes too much.

I have done every alerts from devstream and had my chances getting them in missions, but they aren't showing up as much as they should.

No they are. You should really only be using a few weapons at a time. The ones you like. Not the ones you just wanted to try out. Or just wanted to use to show off. Just. The. Ones. You. Like.

Just the ones I like happen to be thought useful in missions for me, as I do not sit around in 2~3 weapons in primary/secondary. That's another thing in nature. The ones that are useful do not seem useful to others. 

Edited by GaiaNyix

Just the ones I like happen to be thought useful in missions for me, as I do not sit around in 2~3 weapons in primary/secondary. That's another thing in nature. The ones that are useful do not seem useful to others. 

How many weapons do you have?  How many do you use regularly?  How many are just collecting dust?

How many weapons do you have?  How many do you use regularly?  How many are just collecting dust?

I practically use all melees i have, about 10. Then there are secondaries/primaries I recently saved on loadout differently. That counts 6 on each. There's never a lack of weapons. But then again, I have wrote that I realize enough supply of catalysts. That is fine. The problem that made me say this is how rare it is in invasion/alert missions. It is not to say people who have played this game for 1yr+ lack in those. I simply wanted to stress how rare they are for people who actually need it, but when there aren't, sometimes people are forced to buy with platinum. I'm not against the idea of selling for plat, but reactors simply are too rare in my eyes.

Edited by GaiaNyix

I practically use all melees i have, about 10. Then there are secondaries/primaries I recently saved on loadout differently. That counts 6 on each. There's never a lack of weapons. But then again, I have wrote that I realize enough supply of catalysts. That is fine. The problem that made me say this is how rare it is in invasion/alert missions. It is not to say people who have played this game for 1yr+ lack in those. I simply wanted to stress how rare they are for people who actually need it, but when there aren't, sometimes people are forced to buy with platinum. I'm not against the idea of selling for plat, but reactors simply are too rare in my eyes.

So you want an end to the potato famine?

HAHAHAHAHAHA

No famine, no money.