The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pronunciation Problem: Koo-B-Row Or Ku-B-Row?

Kumon-Sensei

This might be stupid topic, but I really wanna make sure about it.

I'm a Korean player who usually play in Korean Version a lot although I can understand English quite normally.

While I'm playing Korean version recently, I found quite annoying mistranslation about the term "Kubrow": Currently it's translated as "커브로우" in Korean ver, which is pronounced like "KU-b-row".(like, when you pronounce the word 'cub')

As I hear how the staffs from Devstream earlier, and later Characters have their own voice like Lotus read 'Kubrow' (It definitely sounds as 'Koo-b-row', isn't it?) , I've been convinced that this translation is WRONG, and wrote feedback to them on the localization forum - then the Korean translator says "I don't think so". He insists how to read 'Kubrow' may depend on case by case, and told me I gotta find out the official pronunciation if I wanna fix it that eagerly.

I already looked through the languages(Russian, Japanese and Chinese) that don't write the word "Kubrow" in Alphabet as like English and found out all of them write "Ku" part as it sounds like "KOO', but I wanna make sure how this exactly sounds in English. Anyone can help?

Edited by Salafatur

its so coo' bro

errbody's so coo' bro

my shizzle fo nazzwot is so coo' bro

u got an ak47 and im totally coo' bro

u pointing dat ak47 on my face , now dat aint coo' bro

11916966673_0ac3ac2041.jpg

Edited by Ritchel

Maybe send in a support ticket and try and get it changed from 커브로루 to 쿠브로우. It's funny that they messed up the phonetic translation.

Yep I already sent.

Actually There's officially authorized community website out of the official homepage that only Korean players use (because most Koreans doesn't like this form of forum and this site doesn't have Korean forum). They have lots of their sympathizers(or fanboys!) in there, and looks like they made vote about this issue. Although it's funny to make vote about definite problem like this, you'd know how they gonna respond obviously (ROFL)

I assume they won't allow anyone who'd dare to challenge to their translation. Oh well. I would never play on 'their' Korean Version only if I could chat in Korean on English Version too.

Why don't you guys just watch the DEV stream and see how they pronounce it? I like to say it the same way that the developes.

Well, I told about it to them, then as I wrote at this reply -> https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/270811-pronunciation-problem-koo-b-row-or-ku-b-row/?p=3132829

seems they don't want to change the wrong one.

Edited by Salafatur

My friend thought it was pronounced Kuh-Brow, like when Batman punches somebody and it makes a Ka-POW sound.

I know it's dumb but I can't help but shout "Ka-BROW, MotherF'kers!!", every time some one mentions a Kubrow lol.